New Helmets Available
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Hey Guys, I've been scouring the maps trying to find all the problematic areas. This thread is to help document “stuck spots” in the maps of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare.

Please embed at least one image of the area you wish to report in this thread and a brief description of how to reproduce getting stuck. The more clear the description and images, the easier it will be to replicate. Make sure to include the map name in the description as well.

This will help me greatly to improve the maps, and also improve your gaming experience!

Thanks and see you on the battlefield!
    Last edited by Lucas; 12-06-2013 at 12:16 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Developer Status: Offline Posts: 281 Join Date: Oct 2013

Here is an Example Report:

Collision stuck spot on Battlegrounds

Walking across the logs causes the player to get stuck

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Developer Status: Offline Posts: 281 Join Date: Oct 2013

You should make a sub forum per map that way the posts are not being confused.
    Stoneshill has a few next to buildings where the roof overhangs
    Ruins has that whole section of rubble, Mason side by broken buttress close to the river
    Just off the top of my head.

Also the attachments are not working since there is no ability to upload, only for weblink.
    Last edited by Retsnom; 12-06-2013 at 05:25 PM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Marquis Status: Offline Posts: 2,294 Join Date: Dec 2010

You know that a player model collision/bubble is also causing much of the players getting stuck. It needs to go back to the default size of shoulder width instead of almost 4x the size. Face hugging was never really a problem once players got skill and experience. The bubble size also prevents creating a proper shield wall but I feel like I am beating a dead horse.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Marquis Status: Offline Posts: 2,294 Join Date: Dec 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Retsnom View Post
    You know that a player model collision/bubble is also causing much of the players getting stuck. It needs to go back to the default size of shoulder width instead of almost 4x the size. Face hugging was never really a problem once players got skill and experience. The bubble size also prevents creating a proper shield wall but I feel like I am beating a dead horse.
    That's not the bubble but another collision radius that's bigger that the bubble. Its the cylinder you think is the bubble that collides with walls and stuff.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Baron Status: Offline Posts: 7,920 Join Date: Jan 2013 Location: New Zealand, Wellington.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsnom View Post
    Also the attachments are not working since there is no ability to upload, only for weblink.
    I Have enabled the ability to upload screenshots.

RESOLVED

Unable to climb this hill between the poles
    Last edited by Andrew; 02-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Archer Status: Offline Posts: 126 Join Date: Nov 2013

My suggestion to Torn Banner would be to write an algorithm to map all walkable surfaces on a map. That way every questionable area can be found, and the algorithm can be re-run if the map undergoes changes.

There is a nice article here by Casey Muratori describing his process and creating a "walk monster": http://the-witness.net/news/2012/12/...able-surfaces/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Commoner Status: Offline Posts: 29 Join Date: Jan 2013

RESOLVED

You can't get hit while in there as well.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObAoX...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Andrew; 02-19-2014 at 11:58 AM.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Banned Status: Offline Posts: 3,972 Join Date: Nov 2012 Location: edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy edgy

RESOLVED

SOC posted this in another thread.

http://i.imgur.com/yzUEdWa.jpg
    Last edited by Andrew; 03-20-2014 at 12:05 PM.
    ---Ghost of the Andrew
    Level Designer at Torn Banner Studios.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Developer Status: Offline Posts: 995 Join Date: Jun 2010 Location: Toronto, ON