Patch 22 Hotfix 2 - Servers only
The second exectuables-only hotfix for this patch, this one is servers-only. Every server operator should update and get this (an email was sent to the mailing list). This fixes:
- Sometimes servers get into a state where they block new connections
- Sometimes servers get into a state where they refuse to update players' stats with Steam
Patch 22 Hotfix - Minor executables-only hotfix
The only server operators that need this update are those who are using Windows Server 2003 or XP and are having issues running the dedicated server; other server operators can safely ignore this. All clients will get it through Steam.
- Fixed crash affecting Windows Server 2003 users and some Windows XP users
- Fixed client crash on Argon's Wall and any SDK maps using Group Actors
Patch 22 Notes
*** DLC Knights will NOT yet be released with this Patch ***
- New dynamic crosshair (Swing and combo indication)
- Users can switch to the original style through the keybindings option
- New Loading Screen
- Bubble reduced by 60%
- First-person camera alignment adjusted for more visual clarity during combat
- More flail animation polish
- Default FOV changed from 95 to 105
- Added a new level 60 helmet
- On death, print damage taken/dealt during life to console. This can be controlled (disabled, enabled, or made more verbose) through the options menu
- All weapon animation have been updated
- On all classes
- Updated longsword and 1-handed animation based on feedback
- slash02 attack for long sword, alt+slash for 1-handed
- Fixed longsword tracer for DLC knights on both faction
- 1handed stab 1st-person tracer
- Fixed alt slash021 tracer not lined up for 2-handed longsword
- Updated flail over head 1st-person tracer
- First-person animation polish for pole-weapons, 2-handed swords, Heater Shield
- Fixed quarterstaff overhead animation showing incorrectly as underhand in first person
- Improved release to parry blend animation.
- Updated double axe 1p and 3p animations
- Updated 1p dagger daze
- Flail 3rd-person combo animation updated
- General animation polish across the board
- All First-Person animations have been updated to fit the new camera position
- Knight DLC can be purchased for free in the BETA branch in preparation for live launch.
- Knight DLC can now equip default and previously purchased knight helms
- Fixed gore mesh for DLC Knights (untextured gore)
- Default knights (Mason and Vanguard) can now properly wear DLC knight helmets
- Fixed autobalance bugs.
- Don't allow a player to switch teams when balanced.
- Fixed bug where player shows up in the wrong scoreboard.
- Don't show enemy markers of spectators.
- Fixed LTS scoreboard showing the correct number of players alive.
- Fixed a bug where you can't spawn if you were a spectator before a map change.
- Fixed ranged crosshair being stuck red after death.
- Fixed new knight first-person armour to match third-person
- Fixed Agathian archers saying “I’m in your debt” in place of the you’re welcome command
- Fixed floating sticky projectiles after head explosion.
- Fixed team damage message.
- Crosshairs appear white for allies and red for enemies
- Updated first person longsword, two-handed axe, dagger, buckler animations to better fit the new camera position
- Dark Forest: Ammo box cooldown time in LTS game mode changed from 5 to 20
- Flail is no longer missing sound
- Launcher: auto-close prompt dialogue when downloading done
- Reduced maximum recovery time to 0.9
- Take hit indicator points toward attacking player, rather than toward point of impact
- Default server tick rate set to 60Hz
- darkened armour and fixed upper arm guards
- Chivalry splash screen has been updated with new logo and 'editor' text
- Fixed ragdoll fire screaming getting stuck on death
- Disabling barbs for the time being
- Doubleaxe lod geometry hole fixed
- Fixed dying sound mode getting stuck; removed unnecessary client/server communication for heartbeat and dying sound mode
- Lighting on pawns in the customization screen tweaked
- Emblem/trim "dark grey" made blacker
- Added helms to default knights and made the mason helm fit better on the default mason knight
- Fixed various map bugs from this thread: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthr...nd-stuck-spots
- Stair Collision Fix for Tavern
- Localization change to put numbers in front of emblems for easier browsing
- Workaround for material crash in legacy maps
Beginner Mode Map Changes
- Expanded press E to use on the Ballista.
- Added indication as to what to shoot. (Health Bar)
- Fresnel shader on locks added
- Sparks appear on every hit
- 3 Clusters of peasants (all slaves must be set free)
- Markers are removed once slaves are freed
- Health bar appear for door
- 3 clusters of slaves make for easier defence strategies
- Progress bar for slaves
- Health bar for door
- Both Factions
- Hud markers are located closer to burn targets
- Progress Bar and Destroy Marker for Doors
- Switches to Kill Markers after doors have been destroyed
- More Consistent Damage States
- Indication to burn buildings on torches (volumes)
- Added Giant stomp crushing sound
- Editor splash updated
- Perfect enemy knowledge property + node for AI
- Added missing sockets to gore mesh.
- Added customization overriding into AISpawnNPC / AISpawnStandardBot
- When transitioning to a custom map, server will check if map is out-of-date; if so, it updates it.
- This is new functionality that may not be fool-proof yet
- Going with that change, servers automatically transition when sitting on an SDK map with no players for several minutes to stop them from getting left on an out-of-date map
- semi-fix the overrides in AISpawnNPC
- Example maps for SDK people