Graphics Tweaking

• Is there any way to implement trilinear anisotropic filtering? I know the .ini file can be manipulated but I’m unsure if this is a possibility.

SSAO is causing quite a bit of unneeded shimmering, is there any way to remove it completely? I see that the quality can be changed but I couldn’t spot a way to simply shut it off.

Can anti-aliasing be forced without running the game in DX11? I’ve played with NVIDIA Inspector a bit but met limited success.

• @Stromboli:

Is there any way to implement trilinear anisotropic filtering?

UDKSystemSettings.ini:
    MaxAnisotropy=8 (or probably any power of 2)

@Stromboli:

SSAO is causing quite a bit of unneeded shimmering, is there any way to remove it completely?

There is a line “AmbientOcclusion=True/False” in UDKSystemSettings.ini in [SystemSettings] section. It might be it but I’m not sure

@Stromboli:

Can anti-aliasing be forced without running the game in DX11?

UDKSystemSettings.ini:
    MaxMultiSamples=4 (or probably any power of 2) and
    bAllowD3D9MSAA=True
    It causes a weird one pixel wide border around the game screen however.

• 1. I’m looking for trilinear filtering, not 8x : /

2. SSAO and ambient occlusion are separate settings, unfortunately

3. Interesting, I’ll give it a go

Thank you

• @Stromboli:

Is there any way to implement trilinear anisotropic filtering? I know the .ini file can be manipulated but I’m unsure if this is a possibility.

SSAO is causing quite a bit of unneeded shimmering, is there any way to remove it completely? I see that the quality can be changed but I couldn’t spot a way to simply shut it off.

Can anti-aliasing be forced without running the game in DX11? I’ve played with NVIDIA Inspector a bit but met limited success.

Trilinear filtering and Anisotropic filtering are different, so I’m not sure where you got Trilinear Anisotropic filtering from. Anisotropy 3x ? o.0 Do elaborate

You should be able to just toggle ambient occlusion (SSAO).

Anti-aliasing does not need DX11. Better versions of it like high MSAA (multisample anti-aliasing) would, whereas FXAA (fast approximate anti-aliasing) doesn’t.

I could be wrong, of course, but the above is correct afaik.

• They may be different, but I was under the impression that you can only have one or the other. There’s bilinear, trilinear, 2x, etc and trilinear texture filtering is the one I’m after.

If I toggle off AO, will it also disable FXAA?

• @Stromboli:

They may be different, but I was under the impression that you can only have one or the other. There’s bilinear, trilinear, 2x, etc and trilinear texture filtering is the one I’m after.

If I toggle off AO, will it also disable FXAA?

I don’t see why you would want to use Trilinear unless you have a graphics card from like 2002, but there could be an option in your graphics control panel. I haven’t really looked into ways to force it because it’s obsolete.

And I believe you can have FXAA without AO. You can have most features without others even if some game menus don’t allow it by going directly through your graphics card settings. Just right clicking on your desktop and going to the Nvidia Control Panel should have a lot of the options you need.

• I’ve been playing a lot with NVIDIA Inspector but nothing seems to be working. : /

My computer is up-to-date, I just prefer trilinear filtering aesthetically. There’s a very visible LOD line that travels as the character does otherwise and frankly, it’s unsightly.