Dear Devs - just stop

• Please for the love of christ and all things holy, revert to the November-ish build (game mechanics wise, obviously not content) and stop reading this forum. You’re making the game unbearable to play. :x

I can take everything being overpowered but not everything being completely under powered and nerfed to point of pure uselessness. It’s easy to scream OP every time something kills you, and that’s what this forum is full of - just like every other game title.

The hit detection is horrid now - playing in third person for 2 minutes glaringly points this out

Shields are useless half the time because they’re so bugged.

Parrying is now more about dumb luck and prayer than skill.

And the archer class… I mean, really? five times out of ten times your killed within two strikes from nearly any weapon sans the (butter) hunting knife, regardless of placement, and the other five times? that’s a one hit kill.

The lack of health would be fine if weren’t for the fact you could dominate a knight or vanguard getting 4-5 hits in on them only to have them land a single cheap shot insta killing through your bugged block or parry, or even at point they should have been staggered.

Then we have the javelin - what did you do!?

I can take the ridiculous nerf to the throwing speed.
    What I can’t take is the complete lack of hit detection with the melee attack which will go right through people without registering - something that never used to happen.
    Then there’s the god damn delay after throwing a javelin, a short range, ranged weapon. A delay so long you’re instantly screwed if you miss within 10 feet if they have a long weapon. All you can do is look on helplessly for close to 2-3 full seconds as you’re totally incapable of defending your self. Add that to the low health, you have an extremely broken set up that punishes the player.

TL;DR: game is going downhill fast because you’re actually listening to these clowns complain things were OP and broken, in turn breaking things that weren’t broken in an attempt to fix and balance them. Vicious cycle too many games fall down.

• I don’t understand why they didn’t release the Beta instead of going to party all week. Like anyone cares if Citadel has snow.

• @elitenoob:

I don’t understand why they didn’t release the Beta instead of going to party all week. Like anyone cares if Citadel has snow.

I’m honestly just getting tired of getting stabbed and speared through shields, hit by attacks that visibly missed by a good distance, having attacks that should have hit me pass straight through and vice-versa.

It’s like there’s a frustration boiling point every round I play where i’m forced to switch to a knight or vanguard just to tank hits that shouldn’t be doing damage in the first place.

(ping is always between 30-75)

• @elitenoob:

I don’t understand why they didn’t release the Beta instead of going to party all week. Like anyone cares if Citadel has snow.

PAX and GDC are also for business related purposes.

• It is called Beta for a reason. They are trying to fix out the bugs.
    Are you saying you can make a game faster and better? Just give them time and I am sure the will fix the problems that are going on in the game.

• I think the game feels a lot less balanced than it is just because of the rampant bugs that are abused by a huge portion of the player base. I just got done with a game where someone used a speed hack to kill our king - I can identify him by name too - and even his own team was mad. And earlier, at least one person was openly (as in, he said it in chat) using the alt swing bug, and tons of people are using the overhead exploit. It’s like no one cares anymore. (Edit: On the subject of alt swings, another group of people were abusing it openly and explaining it via chat in a second TO I was in later in the day!)

The ‘hitting through shields’ and the parrying being broken, I imagine, are also caused primarily by the alt swing exploit, which a lot of people know, and a lot of people seem to use. I try to avoid alt swings altogether now out of fear of abusing it unknowingly.

• Guy with three posts thinks he knows everything. These always end well.

What I can never figure out is why people complain about stuff that never actually got changed. Surely they’d think enough to go back and look at changelogs?

No, wait, that’s crazy talk. Ha ha, ho ho. Silly me.

• @Dick:

Guy with three posts thinks he knows everything. These always end well.

What I can never figure out is why people complain about stuff that never actually got changed. Surely they’d think enough to go back and look at changelogs?

I hate to call you out on this, because I really have nothing against you (and I already know that you’re referring to the OP), but juvenile responses and fallacious arguments like these are what don’t end well, not the complaints of the game, some of which are legitimate.

• It wasn’t an argument, really. It was telling the OP to go actually get his shit straight. I’m not interested in doing it for him.

• @Alex:

@Dick Nation:

Guy with three posts thinks he knows everything. These always end well.

I hate to call you out on this, because I really have nothing against you (and I already know that you’re referring to the OP), but juvenile responses and fallacious arguments like these are what don’t end well, not the complaints of the game, some of which are legitimate.

Call him on what? There were no changes to the core mechanics of the game that suddenly ruined everything, it’s just another “go back to the last patch/tuner set/version/game” crying post. People do better at the beginning of a game’s life because no one has learned to play and some get an early headstart and feel awesome. Then people learn to play and the guy with the headstart doesn’t go 67-8 anymore and blames the game and these magical “changes” that riuined it all.

Is this your first game forum or something? You see this everywhere and it’s not like rose-tinted glasses are limited to games either. People naturally tend to remember positive things and negative things get pushed out of your memory, it’s a psychological defense to prevent people from constantly being depressed, so the “good ol’ days” are always the best.

• I agree. Halberd should be reverted to pre-CU1 values.

• @ReMixx:

I agree. Halberd should be reverted to pre-CU1 values.

No, you get outta here with that nonsense.

DON’T LISTEN TO HIM, BAD!

• God, there are some huge narcissists on this forum.

I’m coming from the stand point that the game has significantly degraded over these patches

• balance (aside from the halberd - that was just a ridiculous 6 foot FFA kill farmer)
    • Bugs
    • hit detection
    • blocking

If they want to break them in the beta build, go right ahead, but a released patch?

Don’t think balance is skewed? Ask your self honestly - Is every class relevant in every game mode, or do you discount classes in certain game modes and see others favored heavily? Are all the weapons for that class relevant and useful in there own rights?

• @ReMixx:

I NEVER WANT TO SEE ANYONE REPEAT THAT EVER AGAIN

By the wat the bardiche is way too fast, it kills MaA and knights in the same hits as a maul and every attack has a better windup time than the halberd. It’s release times are worse but with lookdown overheads thats no problem, don’t change that btw. The bardiche should have it’s overhead and slash windup times at .75, that way the polehammer will actually be a viable weapon and the bardiche won’t be stupidly OP. Also, the brandistock should have it’s overhead and stab release times at .5 because it currently two hit kills knights which is very powerful so it should be slightly slower.

• @ReMixx:

[image:3400yzbl]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m6oaosRkai1qaxdql.gif[/image:3400yzbl]

If anything should be reverted, it should be MAA blunt resist so mauls one shot in the torso again…

• @Nihilum:

Please for the love of christ and all things holy, revert to the November-ish build (game mechanics wise, obviously not content) and stop reading this forum. You’re making the game unbearable to play. :x

I can take everything being overpowered but not everything being completely under powered and nerfed to point of pure uselessness. It’s easy to scream OP every time something kills you, and that’s what this forum is full of - just like every other game title.

The hit detection is horrid now - playing in third person for 2 minutes glaringly points this out

And the archer class… I mean, really? five times out of ten times your killed within two strikes from nearly any weapon sans the (butter) hunting knife, regardless of placement, and the other five times? that’s a one hit kill.

The lack of health would be fine if weren’t for the fact you could dominate a knight or vanguard getting 4-5 hits in on them only to have them land a single cheap shot insta killing through your bugged block or parry, or even at point they should have been staggered.

What I can’t take is the complete lack of hit detection with the melee attack which will go right through people without registering - something that never used to happen.
    Then there’s the god damn delay after throwing a javelin, a short range, ranged weapon. A delay so long you’re instantly screwed if you miss within 10 feet if they have a long weapon. All you can do is look on helplessly for close to 2-3 full seconds as you’re totally incapable of defending your self. Add that to the low health, you have an extremely broken set up that punishes the player.

TL;DR: game is going downhill fast because you’re actually listening to these clowns complain things were OP and broken, in turn breaking things that weren’t broken in an attempt to fix and balance them. Vicious cycle too many games fall down.

I agree, the combat mechanics were WAY better before the patch. The game is dying off. I’ve actually been hoping that a bigger more better staffed and funded company made a clone game of chivalry that would be just purely polished and have TONS of content. Also we would be given what we want in a timely manner instead of taking MONTHS to get a response.

• @Daiyuki:

Call him on what? There were no changes to the core mechanics of the game that suddenly ruined everything, it’s just another “go back to the last patch/tuner set/version/game” crying post. People do better at the beginning of a game’s life because no one has learned to play and some get an early headstart and feel awesome. Then people learn to play and the guy with the headstart doesn’t go 67-8 anymore and blames the game and these magical “changes” that riuined it all.

Is this your first game forum or something? You see this everywhere and it’s not like rose-tinted glasses are limited to games either. People naturally tend to remember positive things and negative things get pushed out of your memory, it’s a psychological defense to prevent people from constantly being depressed, so the “good ol’ days” are always the best.

This.

This, my friends, is the voice of reason.

• @Daiyuki:

it’s a psychological defense to prevent people from constantly being depressed, so the “good ol’ days” are always the best.

I remember the days when there are were hot girls all over this forum.

• @Nihilum:

Please for the love of christ and all things holy, revert to the November-ish build (game mechanics wise, obviously not content) and stop reading this forum. You’re making the game unbearable to play. :x

I 1000% agree. The november build was AWESOME (not content wise)
    Game had his flaws, but none were gamebreaking as of now. So many shit is broken, that duel/ffa/whatever are completly bug/rng dependent. I hate it.
    I had great hopes for this game back then, its incredible how fast went downhill.
    Nov build was where skill really did matter, instead of lucky thru shield/parry hits, feints and any type of other bug (which are a damn lot). Not to forget those mechanics it has now….
    I dont know what it caused to sink so damn fast, but its a loss I will never forget and I’m sure I will never meet it again…
    The game used much more skill back then. You must be new if you think wrong.

• @Unison:

@Daiyuki:

This.

This, my friends, is the voice of reason.

So much this.

I had great hopes for this game back then, its incredible how fast went downhill.
    Nov build was where skill really did matter, instead of lucky thru shield/parry hits, feints and any type of other bug (which are a damn lot). Not to forget those mechanics it has now….

Also, I might be remembering incorrectly, but weren’t feints much more powerful in November? I seem to remember that they added a cool down in between feint and the next attack to nerf them a bit, but might be mistaken. The general pub populace is just better now, no more automatic 40-5 scores, which is a good thing imho.

Torn Banner are doing a great job. I’m sure this game will be polished before long, they’re only a small team, give them a break.