Official low rank server

• Seems to me it might be nice for noobs to play with noobs sometimes. I am kind of past that threshold but as new players arrive its probably not as fun having a rank 42 tearing them apart so might be good for the game to have a dedicated server for under rank 20.

Having said that what might mess that up is the bugs that people report that jump their rank.

Still, have some thought for them noobies and let em have some initial fun on a noobie server to break them in I say.

• And just what location would you put this server in?

• @ReMixx:

And just what location would you put this server in?

Outer Hebrides?

• I´ll give you gold, bitches and my mom if you let me on that server (i am so no close to rank 40…) :D :D :D

• @gregcau:

@ReMixx:

And just what location would you put this server in?

Outer Hebrides?

So there are a lot of Scottish noobs is what you’re saying? :P

• @ReMixx:

So there are a lot of Scottish noobs is what you’re saying? :P

They drink a lot so their skills are lacking

• Don’t be such a rankist, greg.

we are the 99%

• I would only agree to make low rank servers if I could reset my rank regularly and pub smash. I play most games to pub smash and don’t want to be forced into games with other rank 30-40+. That would suck the fun out of the game for me and I would end up migrating to another game pretty quickly.

• Well… it may be a good idea because sometimes I really pity my enemy and my team when I play a Team Deathmatch 8 vs 8 and the game ends with our team’s very close victory and me having 40 kills and 8 deaths… The newbies should have some sanctuary where they could rape on another without the interference of one of my favourit weapons.
    On the other hand I would really like to be allowed into the server but as a different class. I achieved my rank almost entirely as a vanguard, so I suck totally as an archer (haven’t even managed to unlock the warbow yet :D ) and… well… it is really not difficult to find a better MaA than me. IMO the game should calculate the rank for each class independently and on a server such as this you would be allowed to play only with the class in which you have a sufficiently low rank.

• I would prefer a training server, to be honest. I’ve seen the idea already, but the responses were lukewarm at best. A server where you cannot die unless you F10, but you can still see the impact of your weapons and your health goes down, it just cannot reach 0, would be good for actually learning.

I love helping people, so I’d spend a lot of time there and if no one is actually teaching at the time, people can still pair off and spar or just have a silly brawl where you can only get more and more bloody =p Maybe on Arena and the only way to actually die is by spikes?

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

On the other hand I would really like to be allowed into the server but as a different class. I achieved my rank almost entirely as a vanguard, so I suck totally as an archer (haven’t even managed to unlock the warbow yet :D ) and… well… it is really not difficult to find a better MaA than me. IMO the game should calculate the rank for each class independently and on a server such as this you would be allowed to play only with the class in which you have a sufficiently low rank.

This. I achieved my rank almost entirely as a knight, I also try the Vanguard now and then. But I’ve never really tried Archer or MAA (or I have, but I suck so bad with them that it’s a little embarassing when they expect more from me due to my level).

So yeah, I’d wish for ranks to be per class, really. So I can join a game, pick archer and be level 1 (because I haven’t unlocked shit with the archer)

• @SavageBeatings:

But I’ve never really tried Archer or MAA (or I have, but I suck so bad with them that it’s a little embarassing when they expect more from me due to my level).

Oh I know that feeling all too well. Sometimes I am embarassed with my performance as 39 level vanguard but to come with this rank on a server as an archer… the shame, the shame…

Concerning the training server… it is an interesting idea - switching perhaps FFA and TD where players would be more or less immortal.

Another idea - dedicated archer training - a set of single player situations ordered accroding their diffuculty. It should not be difficult to make a set of small maps with increasing numbers of obstacles and put the player against a bot (or more) with specifically programmed AI. The AI could be really simple as it would not be universal but for the situation…

Example:
    level 1 - a vanguard goes slowly the straightest way toward you, shoot as many arrows as you can before he reaches you and kills you
    level 2 - a vanguard runs the straightest way toward you, kill him
    level 3 - a MaA with a small shield; straight way; walk speed
    level 4 - a knight with a small shield; straight way; walk speed
    level 5 - a MaA with a small shield; straight way; sprint speed

level X - a vanguard sprinting towards you, kiting and hiding behind obstacles

level Y - two knights with the largest shield sprinting toward you, kiting, hiding behind obstacles, blocking with shields, crouching

level Z - a vanguard 30 meters away from you tries to reach a flag 50 meters from you; shoot him!
    etc.

They should really publish the modding tools, the possibilities are limitless.