Cannons

• Not sure if that has been suggested or not but as a castle defense this could be worked out decently. Right now the ballista is pretty much useless imho. I have a few ideas how the cannons could work.

You could use torches to ignite the cannon and then there would be a cooldown of 5-7 seconds until the cannon fires. The projectile would not fly straight but a in a big ballistic curve. A crater would be created upon impact and people in the nearest vicinity would be demolished and more people would be hurt by fragments randomly around the impact. The rate of fire would be however inherently slow, the cannon should take about 20-30 seconds to reload.

Share your thoughts :-)!

• Sounds like the trebuchet and not much fun for the recipients.

• Sounds fun, but this should only be implemented with a castle siege map.

@telacorp2:

not much fun for the recipients

You think? :)

• They already added splash damage to the ballistae, so it kind of makes more sense to just make them cannons anyway…? I think that has way more impact anyway, a nice fsssshhhh BOOM is more fun than the ballista.

• This would take away “Medieval feel” too much. I heard someone talking about am American revolution mod though, ;) .

• This game seems set a bit before cannons.

And the ballista is not useless.

• The ships on Hillside map do have cannons if I am not mistaken.

• @adamcel6:

This would take away “Medieval feel” too much. I heard someone talking about am American revolution mod though, ;) .

I totally see what you mean but just to be fair.

http://www.themcs.org/weaponry/cannon/cannon.htm

liFZN_zZzvY
    Spoilers^