How do I set instant respawn?

• I’d like to run an FFA server with instant respawn - what’s the switch for it?

• In your UDKgame.ini try to find this setting.

[AOC.AOCGame]
    bForceRespawn=True
    JoinInProgressStandbyWaitTime=0.000000

Make bForceRespawn=False
    JoinInProgressStandbyWaitTime=0.000 should be standard.
    Save and restart the server (yes every change has effect only if the server is updated or restarted)

Forcing Respawn to false hopefully ignores the respawn timer and will automatically respawn you after a death.
    I am not sure if this works for FFA. Usually a respawn happends every X amount of seconds. Sometimes it happens instantly and sometimes you have to wait 10 seconds. So my guess is that the respawn is set automatically during an amount of time the game is playing.

Remember I am not an official of any kind, i’m just suggesting here so my input might aswell be shite…I’m a server owner myself and since getting answers is harder then finding answers hopefully server admins can help eachother out.

• could sum1 pls check if this works as we all have wondered when and if this is ever gonna work, i have made several posts about this and the round time but with to no avail, and this kinda stuff shoulda been working with the games release!!

• @WARSAW:

could sum1 pls check if this works as we all have wondered when and if this is ever gonna work, i have made several posts about this and the round time but with to no avail, and this kinda stuff shoulda been working with the games release!!

Why wont you try it out yourself?

• well my server stays pretty full, so i had to wait for the inevitable server crash, dont know why it is so unstable, a crash a day or so is pretty pathetic as far as stable goes, so now that thats happened i shall test it now.
    and as i suspected like most stuff in this game it dont work!
    maybe in a year or so we will b able to edit our spawn times and round times
    how sumthing like this doesnt work is beyond me and it should of been working with the games release, i sure hope they fix stuff like this soon cause its a joke that they havent yet!!!
    but nerfing the jump was important right and should take presidence over server stuff, comon really? still no motds, no server manager,no settings that work for your server.
    tbs has sum big shoes to fill in my book thats for sure, b4 i buy another game from them!

• welcome to chivalry…

• Has the game been updated to allow no respawn timers and to configure FFA settings?

• @kirkouimet:

Has the game been updated to allow no respawn timers and to configure FFA settings?

Unfortunately, the respawn time is hard coded, thus there is no way to be able to make any changes to that.

What is it about FFA settings that you want to configure?

• like in any game on the market, we would like to have the standard admin controls.

motds, message spam thats timed, change respawn and round times, etc etc etc,

you know the important stuff, the stuff that keeps a game going making you more money.
    how long do you think ppl will run servers if they cant even control them?

why would you hard code sumthing like that?

thats about as silly as having to be spawned to type and admin your server and die constantly.

• @WARSAW:

like in any game on the market, we would like to have the standard admin controls.

motds, message spam thats timed, change respawn and round times, etc etc etc,

you know the important stuff, the stuff that keeps a game going making you more money.
    how long do you think ppl will run servers if they cant even control them?

why would you hard code sumthing like that?

thats about as silly as having to be spawned to type and admin your server and die constantly.

We’ve already discussed this before when this was asked previously, so I won’t go into it again.

Secondly, have you checked out the beta yet? We’ve got RCon working there now and there are all kinds of new commands for admins to use, so once this patch is done and tested, it will be released to live and you will have your admin commands. When you asked the question in Ask TBS! we also talked about this. We said we’d do it and we have. You just have to wait til’ it’s released to the live game.

• have you ever tried to set up or run a dedicated server, let alone patch it KImi?

its not fun, i dont think i can try the beta because of the way the betas work, dont you have to opt out of reg chiv to play the betas?
    if so
    that would mean no server then right?

• @WARSAW:

have you ever tried to set up or run a dedicated server, let alone patch it KImi?

its not fun, i dont think i can try the beta because of the way the betas work, dont you have to opt out of reg chiv to play the betas?
    if so
    that would mean no server then right?

No my dear, there is a separate install for the beta. In your games list, it’s called “Chivalry: Medieval Warfare Beta”. It’s not like before where you had to Opt into beta on the live game. Now it’s separate to make it easy. But only if you want to have 2 versions of the game. It’d be nice to get your input on the new admin commands.