Who are the best players of this game?

• @Slaughtervomit:

Steam sale newbies = best players. I <3 them. We need more of them. MORE MORE!

Aye, let us fight them in the fields and make them taste our mighty slings!

• @Slaughtervomit:

Not really. I like more people join Chivalry. However i don’t like how many times i got TKed yesterday. :)

• @Peacerer:

Not really. I like more people join Chivalry. However i don’t like how many times i got TKed yesterday. :)

Not all of those were newbies. ;)

• @Peacerer:

@Slaughtervomit:

FFA them? They will be going after unlocks, you know! :lol:

• yo im dabes

• @kwazi:

yo im dabes

Lolwut

• Hehe, they call me Kellborn, ladies ;);)

On a more serious note, those RK & DB guys seems to be pretty good players, they usually top the scoreboards of the official LTS servers, of which I frequent too.

• Not a single person made an attempt at what this guy wanted. OP asked who the 5 best euro and US chiv players are.

I’m US and have no idea about the euro clans. My list has all the obvious sources of error (limited exposure to all players, possible bias)

There are also different ways a player can be good. Maybe they excel with one class or with a bunch, one weapon or several, maybe they’re especially good in certain game modes or maps.

There is a lot of randomness to the game, i find it easier to put players into ‘tiers’ rather than ‘slots’ but I’ll give it a go.
    Top 5 US

1. The Entire Population Of China
      2)Moose
      3)Gravelord Nito
      4)Hexen
    2. Lj

• @JCash:

Not a single person made an attempt at what this guy wanted. OP asked who the 5 best euro and US chiv players are.

I’m US and have no idea about the euro clans. My list has all the obvious sources of error (limited exposure to all players, possible bias)

There are also different ways a player can be good. Maybe they excel with one class or with a bunch, one weapon or several, maybe they’re especially good in certain game modes or maps.

There is a lot of randomness to the game, i find it easier to put players into ‘tiers’ rather than ‘slots’ but I’ll give it a go.
    Top 5 US

1. The Entire Population Of China
      2)Moose
      3)Gravelord Nito
      4)Hexen
    2. Lj

Let me add to that (and make some small additions and changes based on my experience.) If some people are missing that’s because I haven’t fought them enough to properly rank them.

1. Bada (I’m sure some people also share this position)
      2)The Entire Population Of China / Moose
      3)Gravelord Nito / Chrisomatic
    2. Park Ranger Jeff / Legion
    3. Lj / HeightofAbsurdity / Chuckdatass / Hexen

• I take back my nomination of Jac. Found after chatting to him in a duel that he tends to take advantage of a lot of bugs, like looking down to make his overheads super fast. Nice guy, but I can’t nominate someone as a great gamer for knowingly taking advantage of bugs.

• @RavenDice:

I take back my nomination of Jac. Found after chatting to him in a duel that he tends to take advantage of a lot of bugs, like looking down to make his overheads super fast. Nice guy, but I can’t nominate someone as a great gamer for knowingly taking advantage of bugs.

I think it’s a little strong to call the overhead lookdown a bug, but this is nor the time or the place to talk about such things!

• I nominate bada

• @RavenDice:

I take back my nomination of Jac. Found after chatting to him in a duel that he tends to take advantage of a lot of bugs, like looking down to make his overheads super fast. Nice guy, but I can’t nominate someone as a great gamer for knowingly taking advantage of bugs.

Can’t fault anyone for using the lookdown shit. It’s a godawful mechanic but you’re only gimping yourself if you refuse to use it.

• Bada is a person who will make up excuses and ban you or straight up refuse to duel you if you beat him.

• Bada is good and all, but he really doesn’t have any variety from what I know of, and you can’t exactly base the value of a player solely on their ability to play one class with one weapon, so other players that might be considered ‘below him’ might have more value in the grand scheme of things.

• I’ve been thinking about this for a while, it’s hard to specific a “best” player exactly because there really are two games, dueling and team game modes. Not everyone who is great at duels is good at team based gameplay, and vice versa.

This said, I’d say these 5 are at the top in no particular order because of their mastery of specifics:

• INT Bada = Very fast, best at feinting and feinting to parry.

• INT Moose = Maneuvers and delays / drags his attacks (mostly with Zwei and Grand mace) like no one else. He’s Neo.

• Padawan(1) = Personal bias, close friend. Drags almost as well as Moose, with lots of other devilish tricks and plenty fast. Variety of weapons used.

• LG Christomatic = One of the best Man at arms I’ve fought. Doesn’t seem to miss many beats at all.

There are many other great players, sometimes the best are really only a shave away from the rest, but still slightly ahead, other notable mentions: Alice, Steel, Tobi-wan Kenobi, XaleUdo, Dr Nick, Kiri.

There are even more I’m sure.

• The players with talent left this game a long time ago. A lot of the players at the top of this game currently are OK players but they’re the bottom of the barrel in terms of actual skill. They are simply thriving because of a lack of actual competition. When I actually played I beat bada pretty fucking easily since he doesn’t compare the the people below. I put 5 hours into Chiv over 2 months and still took duels off of int/LG players and they call themselves top tier competitive players. Give me a fucking break.

The real list:

~X~
    Jest
    JackBaldy
    Tree0ctopus (To be fair archery is braindead easy but he’s still better than 90% of the competitive players that have inflated egos because they’re #1 in a scene with 3-4 teams that actively scrim)

• @MUSASHI:

The players with talent left this game a long time ago. A lot of the players at the top of this game currently are OK players but they’re the bottom of the barrel in terms of actual skill. They are simply thriving because of a lack of actual competition. When I actually played I beat bada pretty fucking easily since he doesn’t compare the the people below.

The real list:

~X~
    Jest
    JackBaldy
    Tree0ctopus

X? Really? He was always just “that guy who hung out with JackBaldy”. As far as skill goes he was pretty bad. And Jack himself wrecked everyone in the beta and early after launch because he abused the shit out of combo feints and lookdown overheads before they became common knowledge.

• @MUSASHI:

The real list:

~X~
    Jest
    JackBaldy
    Tree0ctopus

I played a scrim against those guys in the first months of this game (we got beaten badly) but I beat each of them at least once in a duel.

• X? Really? He was always just “that guy who hung out with JackBaldy”. As far as skill goes he was pretty bad. And Jack himself wrecked everyone in the beta and early after launch because he abused the shit out of combo feints and lookdown overheads before they became common knowledge.

He abused them earlier than Bada so he’s not good?

This game is braindead simple and easy anyway.