Anyone got details on tracer change?

• We know they improved parrying against some weapons but what is changed? I heard tracer generation is changed but in what way?

• Nope. It’s developer magic. Just accept the improvement

• It was a silly oversight from the beginning. Just accept it as a trade secret for now.

• what do u mean ReMixx? :|

• @ReMixx:

It was a silly oversight from the beginning. Just accept it as a trade secret for now.

Developers really need to be open about these kinds of things with their players. Communication is vital to the competitive scene of any game. :/ No one likes stealth or ninja changes.

• @SOC:

@ReMixx:

It was a silly oversight from the beginning. Just accept it as a trade secret for now.

Developers really need to be open about these kinds of things with their players. Communication is vital to the competitive scene of any game. :/ No one likes stealth or ninja changes.

But why is saying “We improved tracers/hit detection” not enough?

• @Daiyuki:

@SOC:

@ReMixx:

But why is saying “We improved tracers/hit detection” not enough?

Because they could have done nothing and could be looking for placebo effect. They could have no idea how to fix some things and just tell the community they worked on it to settle the community down.

• here
    @SlyGoat:

@AngryDave:

@SlyGoat:

There is a bug with blocking which we’ve recently become aware of. It’ll be fixed in our next patch, which will be soon. I don’t think your problem with blocking is related to this bug, however.

I have been noticing some of my failed parries that I thought shouldn’t have failed still made the metal clashing sound that you get from a successful parry despite receiving the damage/death. Is that a known thing?

That’s quite possibly related to what we fixed. Their attack is passing your parry box and thus making the clashing sound, but they’ve already hit you with an earlier tracer by hitting your side or back. After some internal testing blocks seem to be working far more consistently against this kind of thing.

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11389

• It’s fixed and works as originally intended. There is no hocus pocus or anything that competitive players could exploit. Move on.

If there are any more inconsistencies, please post a new bug report.