Chivalry Growing or dying

• do you think this game is getting bigger or smaller?
    :o

• @Ochran:

do you think this game is getting bigger or smaller?
    :o

2500 concurrent users on today already. So pretty much keeping the same size.

• Obviously “dyeing”. Just look at all the pretty colors that people wear in FFA!

• so as a moderator its sucks when you are being a smart ass this is a actual ? i have for the game. i have a few friends wanting the game but not if its dying so again is the game growing or dying?

• @Ochran:

so as a moderator its sucks when you are being a smart ass this is a actual ? i have for the game. i have a few friends wanting the game but not if its dying so again is the game growing or dying?

ching chang chong me no engrish

Seriously though, the game playerbase is exactly the same as few months ago. around 2000-3000 players. You won’t have any trouble finding a full server any time of the day. Plus didn’t the game get cheaper? My prediction is the game will be well alive at least for a year. I think you will get your money’s worth until then.

Don’t be frustrated with bugs and exploits though. This game has gazillions of them but devs are working on fixing them.

• @boomandvibe:

Don’t be frustrated with bugs and exploits though. This game has gazillions of them but devs are working on fixing them.

You got a theme going here?

You talking about the bug and exploit you posted, one was not an exploit and both are fixed in Beta.

I can tell you are going to post about bugs and exploits in every post aren’t you…

• @elitenoob:

@boomandvibe:

You talking about the bug and exploit you posted, one was not an exploit and both are fixed in Beta.

I can tell you are going to post about bugs and exploits in every post aren’t you…

Whatever you are trying to do, your efforts are futile.

• @boomandvibe:

@elitenoob:

@boomandvibe:

Whatever you are trying to do, your efforts are futile.

Don’t worry, he is just trying to piss you off. Don’t fight it and just click that “Report” button.

• Growing or dying? Both are valid. Growing a tumor, and dying as a result.

• @tornheinous:

Growing or dying? Both are valid. Growing a tumor, and dying as a result.

Then respawning to do it all over again :P

• @King:

@tornheinous:

Growing or dying? Both are valid. Growing a tumor, and dying as a result.

Then respawning to do it all over again :P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zLx_JtcQVI

• One thing i noticed is less new threads in general section. Or maybe it is just me checking it too often. But few months ago there was always full page of “new” threads/posts over night. Now sometimes only like 5 topics.

No matter of 2000-3000 concurrent players i would say there’s less players. Besides with the current snail mode of patching it will newer stand a chance to really become competitive game. Maybe as a joke/side game after major events at lans. Like playing Bomberman, Worms, Street fighter sometimes at LOL, CS… lans.

You could suggest your friends higher quality FPS game with often updates (for example CS:GO) for less bucks.

• I’d say the reason the game isn’t growing more rapidly is because so called high level players exploit the same mechanics over and over and exploit the “best” / most broken weapons in the game.

So a new player comes along players for a little while and then some “high level” player comes and pulls some dirty play styles and the new player says “WTF” puts the game down and doesn’t come back.

This will always be the way with anything, but its sad that this happens in this game as it is so unique. The people who “love the game” (or themselves the most) slowly strangling and killing the game.

I remember when i first came to the game and went onto a gentleman’s dueling server and i immediately saw how people challenged each other and paired off into dueling pairs. I remember being the newb and dying over and over to one particular “high level” player and being slightly frustrated, however, i have a high level on tolerance and determination so i persisted and got better.

Looking back now i see that the guy was exploiting the game by bending down to look at my feet and spamming LMB. How many other players would have been turned away by this who could say?

If people like the game they should stop playing dirty, for me i will still beat them, but for others its just going to turn them off the game until there aren’t any left.

• @Ochran:

so as a moderator its sucks when you are being a smart ass this is a actual ?

My smart assery doesn’t insult anyone. Besides, plays on words are fun :)

• @giantyak
    You are right, partially. However is this actually players’ fault or developers’? It’s in human nature to conquer. It’s not even a question whether that is right or wrong. Whether it slowly ruins the game or improves experience. It is developers fault to not implement such mechanics which would prevent exploiting. I don’t mean just in this game but in general in online gaming.

You let a player to cheat, he/she will cheat! It’s as simple as this. How many of rank 4x players don’t abuse lookdown/alt hit? How many ppl do you know or heard they were banned in this game?

Also take into consideration there’s many youngsters playing games who don’t really care how they play as long as they own others. It takes high tolerance to stand against cheating (in any form) in online multiplayer gaming. Usually only those older players can resist cheating. Those who are true gamers in heart. Unfortunately many of them quit due to not being able to continue playing with abusers all the time. I have seen that too many times.

• Staying on level, or growing slightly.

The problem is still the same, the server browser doesn’t correctly display all active servers. Currently steam states there are 1,882 players in Chivalry, yet without any filters, sorting by population, I only count 575. That’s a major difference.

• @Peacerer:

That’s taking into account free weekend, winter sale, Thanksgiving sale, launch, etc.
    I don’t think this thread servers much of a purpose anymore as you could probably argue about this forever. The concurrent players numbers aside from spikes from sales/launch/free stuff has been consistent in the ~2500 area since release.

• This month is actually the first one without a sale since launch. I’d say we’re doing pretty good.