Two shield bug and exploits

• You can stab through (not around) shields by facehugging and looking toward enemy’s feet. This is easily reproduceable.

When using a shield, you can cancel recovery/flinch of your weapon when parried/blocked by quickly raising your shield and releasing. Let me elaborate. You carry a shield. You attack enemy. You get blocked. Immediately raise shield up and down. Attack again. This trick significantly decreases delay between your attacks.

• @boomandvibe:

You can stab through (not around) shields by facehugging and looking toward enemy’s feet. This is easily reproduceable.

Well if you’re stabbing their feet, technically this is correct… Facehugging has been reduced in the beta so check this on the beta. If you still feel that it is overpowered/exploitive, grab a youtube video of it and we’ll take a look.

@boomandvibe:

When using a shield, you can cancel recovery/flinch of your weapon when parried/blocked by quickly raising your shield and releasing. Let me elaborate. You carry a shield. You attack enemy. You get blocked. Immediately raise shield up and down. Attack again. This trick significantly decreases delay between your attacks.

This has been addressed already in the beta by introducing extra delay from when you have your shield up to when you can attack again after dropping the shield. As above, check the beta and if you think it’s still not right, grab a YouTube video detailing it.

Feel free to take videos of it now and we’ll get Goat to try it out (he’s good at that).

• You literally clip through enemy’s shield when at facehugging range and looking at their feet. You don’t even have to stab to know that you are clipping. But I’ll definitely record a video.

• I know what you’re talking about with the facehugging shield thing, it’s one of our top priorities for Patch 2.

Although I haven’t grabbed anyone to test this in the beta; it’s actually possible the change to tracers addressed it.