Competition meeting?

• This game is quite the fpfighter game that I always wanted to play. But the community doesn’t seem to quite want the full effects that they could have in the competition scene. I’m used to larger communities, ESL, CB, and a few other groups of people hosting tournaments. As far I have only seen a few well structured tournaments DAG, but those are only hosting about 6-12 teams. So the advertising and eye catching fun just isn’t appealing enough to the smaller clans. I’m looking for a possible summit of clan leaders and community organizers to see where we should look at to make us a bigger in the competition scene. Post if you think we need one of these or not.

I have hosted LoL competitions and Cod tournaments so I’m not a complete novice with this aspect of gaming.

• Prior to the whole warbawz closing down thing. There use to be such meetings every week. Don’t know when they are going to start happening again.

• So warbawz hosted them? And what all did they cover and such?

• The whole 5v5 scene never really sat well with me personally. I was used to awesome clan battles in Age of Chivalry, where as many people as possible took part and it was a true representation of clans in clan wars; the official leagues were minimum 8v8 and max 12v12 most of the time (obviously team objective only) and we had around 16 competitive clans at its peak time. On the EU side right now, it’s down to 5v5s and 6v6s (even 4v4s lately) between 4 clans which detracts from the whole clan ethos and lends itself more to a squad orientated ethos, which means people always end up being disappointed or split up or don’t get to play competitively as often, and I hate that, it genuinely doesn’t feel like I’m part of a competitive clan anymore. 8v8 - 12v12 hasn’t really kicked off yet (will it ever?) and the only reason I keep hearing is lack of people in clans and 5v5 is more ‘smaller clan’ friendly. Are the popular areas of maps too small to cater to larger clan battles or something too perhaps? Do people think the game is somehow less balanced when more players play competitively? Are things ‘too casual’ to encourage more competitive play? Is it just because of bugs that things aren’t getting bigger (both in terms of number of teams and size of teams)? Any ideas why?

• I’d rather have both but if you have too many big events then smaller more casual teams will never get to compete and your scene will become stale.

• We can always have both big and large clan/team tournaments. From a team of 5 hosting one team to a community of 75 hosting teams A,B,C etc… Whether it be 12v12 or 5v5 we just need to get the message out there that competition is going on.

• @LoverBoy.USA:

We can always have both big and large clan/team tournaments. From a team of 5 hosting one team to a community of 75 hosting teams A,B,C etc… Whether it be 12v12 or 5v5 we just need to get the message out there that competition is going on.

HeightofAbsurdity ran and organized the meetings. So bug him if you’d like them to restart. And to Martin’s post, I enjoy 8v8 TO’s more than any other format in NA atm. It is really satisfying to have a team of that size all work together to achieve a goal. Plus TO is way better than LTS, since there isn’t any real downtime or archer standoffs. I’m becoming bored of 5v5 LTS’s. But the sad truth is, that not many teams can field 8v8 teams on a consistent basis :/

• Strange, I enjoy watching LTS a little more than TO matches, if simply because the matches are much more fatal, one death carries more weight and impact, and not to mention the actual total time it takes to watch the match is shorter (or at least it feels shorter.)

Although TO is much more varried and it’s interesting to see teams adapt to play on different maps.

• Ohhhh I like this thread lol…

• It’s just not that easy to come up with 8 to 12 people concurrently and regularly. Having that kind of playercount spread over many clans would mean there were hundreds of competitive players in a population of a few thousand total.

The game is just small, for whatever reason, and so the competitive scene is small.