Team Leader and New Mode Ideas.

• Team Leader

Something I think that would motivate everyone on the battlefield more is if there is a team leader position incorporated. The idea behind that is that whoever has the highest points at the end of the round becomes team leader for next round. The only advantages could be that you receive more points and you can tell your players where to go by using a set of commands.

As for the first round, it can either be randomly selected or just not have a team leader. People that really want to succeed well, will do as much as they can to help their side out to try to reach the position. Plus it’d really make people watch out for team killing because that would not help them gain the score needed to be on top.

There could be something else that could be given to the team leader, but I’m just trying to think of ways that wouldn’t take too much to change the game.

King vs King

This more or less incorporates the team leader idea in a way and is like Last Man Standing. Each round, someone is randomly selected to be King and that person is to be protected. Each team goes after the other person’s King. Once the King is dead, there are no more respawns for that team.

For example, if Agatha’s King dies then they stop getting respawns and now have to rely on on killing Mason’s King and anyone left after to succeed or be killed in defeat.

I know that there is already kill a King in Team Objective mode but this would definitely add a different spin and overall feel to it.

• king vs king will make one person’s game boring cause he need to keep him alive and not going to fight anyone and be behind lines i dont think this will work as a stable game mode.
    and the team leader thing will only grant one person extra points and then it will be hard to switch the top score cause he got extra points. plus people wont listen to the leader cause everyone does what they thing will do best for their own best intrest but if it will be polished maybe there is a way to make it happend got nothing in my head to improve it in this moment…

• The King could gain extra health or something, or we could just have a NPC as King.

As for Team Leader, you could negate that by either having a randomly selected Team Leader or just not allowing the Team Leader to be selected again next round.

• Team leader idea is unnecessary, you can coordinate with teammates with voice chat, no guarantees that they will listen though.

I like the idea of king vs. king mode IF it were carried out more like LTS, ie. the map doesn’t end as soon as one of the kings die, instead a new round starts, or the king respawns and the opposing team gets a point, with a new king selected when another player takes the lead.

I’d like to see a Team Fortress-esque Control Point tug-of-war type mode too…maybe I’ll start a thread. Maybe not.

• @Keith:

[…]
    King vs King

This more or less incorporates the team leader idea in a way and is like Last Man Standing. Each round, someone is randomly selected to be King and that person is to be protected. Each team goes after the other person’s King. Once the King is dead, there are no more respawns for that team.

For example, if Agatha’s King dies then they stop getting respawns and now have to rely on on killing Mason’s King and anyone left after to succeed or be killed in defeat.

I know that there is already kill a King in Team Objective mode but this would definitely add a different spin and overall feel to it.

Having played exactly this gamemode in Star Conflict, I can tell you it’s not as fun as it sounds and easily devolves into two turtling teams with a few suicidal guys who keep trying to solo in and kill the King. It may work better in Chivalry simply because there’s less mobility options (ie you can’t cross the map in a few seconds with a specific class to try and blitz the leader), but you can already see the strats employed when trying to kill the Agathian steward. So much turtling that is only entertaining if the attacking team is competent and sticking together.

• Quite frankly, I would like the opposite, kind of a “Lose the loser” or “You are the weakest link” check.
    For Team Objective, that is.

Because:
    I hate it - and I have this a LOT - when there is a team that is basically 12 people, being carried by the top 4, kinda played by another 4, and then there are 4 that are just dead weight.
    They piss about, they duel each other, they camp at your own spawn, shooting at nothing or the air or people that wont matter for the team objective, and overall they are just annoying to have on your team.
    So if there were some kind of incentive or algo that kicks off people who(random example idea) after > 10 deaths still have not at least 3 kills or some kind of objective related score, and gets rid of them, that’d at least instill some sort of respect for the game mode. Far too many people are playing FFA / TDM like, while on a TO server.
    It may be bit of a a too competitive attitude to have, but why join a gamemode you aren’t willing to play. You know?
    Not sure what can be done about this other than having a huge friendlist and playing with like minded people, I guess, but yea.

They will then not need you to be “leader” or whatever; they’ll just pwn as hard as you and get shit done. Coz that’s how they roll. Good people.
    Its the bad ones we have to find a way to deal with. :/