Seriously.. parry and blocking DO not work as intended.

• Half the time I’ll try to parry/block a facehugging MAA and it just won’t register. I click PARRY the moment I see his jittery-ass weapon swinging at me.

Please either fix the crusty animations or make parrying actually register. It’s all chaos at the moment.

• It is fixed in the next patch, calm down. In the meantime, look further to the left/right/up/down.

• @Magnificent:

[…] I click PARRY the moment I see his jittery-ass weapon swinging at me.

[…]

There’s your problem.

• @Toll:

It is fixed in the next patch, calm down. In the meantime, look further to the left/right/up/down.

Yes, they say so. Unfortunately there is currently no server to try it out and the patch will be released “when it’s done” as a whole instead of hotfixing the really frustrating issues immediately after they were solved…:/

• the patch fixes about 0.1% of the game

99.9% is still there doing strong

• Parrying is much easier now.

• @Coaster_Man:

Parrying is much easier now.

It works as intended. It has been pretty annoying how facehugging have caused parries you succesfully make, yet their weapon swings straight through you.

• It’s hilarious how all these people claiming the game to be so fucking broken all fail to mention what rank they are… think they are the ones who might be broken.

• @Hitom:

It’s hilarious how all these people claiming the game to be so fucking broken all fail to mention what rank they are… think they are the ones who might be broken.

Rank doesn’t matter in this case when potential bugs are involved. I’ll take part in your dick measuring for a moment however.

"I’m level 35 and I still have issues with the falchion within face hug range.

I still have issues with weapon releases starting inside your viewmodel and hitting you through parry/block."

Would what I said be any different if I hadn’t mentioned my rank?

• @DokB:

I still have issues with weapon releases starting inside your viewmodel and hitting you through parry/block."

for real guys it’s just not possible to hit through the parry or block

there’s a check in place that if the weapon comes into contact with the player and the shield’s hitbox at the same time, the attack will be blocked

nobody has been able to reproduce this “hitting through shields” in a controlled environment because it is just not possible

• @BB:

@DokB:

there’s a check in place that if the weapon comes into contact with the player and the shield’s hitbox at the same time, the attack will be blocked

nobody has been able to reproduce this “hitting through shields” in a controlled environment because it is just not possible

Then how do you explain the hundreds of reports of people saying that attacks are going through blocks and parries? Apart from the obvious “get good”.

• @DokB:

@BB:

@DokB:

Then how do you explain the hundreds of reports of people saying that attacks are going through blocks and parries? Apart from the obvious “get good”.

90% of those probably just don’t understand that they parried incorrectly. The other 10% is probably lag-related. My best guess.

• what Nabster said

apart from that the video on stabbing through shields shows that Shields have a much smaller hitbox than their view model would have you believe

• @BB:

@DokB:

Are you serious? Is this a serious post? Have you seen the falchion video?

• @UNaidworker:

@BB:

@DokB:

did you miss the part about “controlled environment”?

that video certainly isn’t one now is it?

• @BB:

@UNaidworker:

@BB:

How the heck is it not a controlled environment? That’s about as close as you are getting in Chivalry. The fact that such a video exists at all indicates at least a small problem with the game. Combined with the massive reports of issues after the patch by more than 60% of the playerbase, it is safe to assume something is going on.

• @BB:

How was it not a controlled environment? You didn’t actually watch it did you? The game’s mechanics (with the exception of the halberd) were pretty good vanilla, post-patch the amount of people saying that blocks are ineffective SKYROCKETED, and weapons like the hatchet and falchion were starting to be spammed by everyone, according to you, for no good reason at all. TB even STATED that there is an issue with blocking with shields, which they claim to have fixed. I’m pretty sure over half of the community and the devs themselves aren’t wrong.

• @Tankcommander:

How the heck is it not a controlled environment?

@UNaidworker:

How was it not a controlled environment?

were you guys not able to pass your Science class or something?

by all means if you two have a video of two people sitting down and explicitly showing any weapon hitting through shields I encourage you to show it
    but there isn’t one
    because it can’t be replicated in a controlled environment

• @BB:

@Tankcommander:

How the heck is it not a controlled environment?

@UNaidworker:

How was it not a controlled environment?

were you guys not able to pass your Science class or something?

by all means if you two have a video of two people sitting down and explicitly showing any weapon hitting through shields I encourage you to show it
    but there isn’t one
    because it can’t be replicated in a controlled environment

They are talking about this video however the bug seems to be more that you can hit the character model with stabs that are off to the side.

Q6NcqZj4Ocg

• pretty sure they weren’t talking about that video as they mentioned the Falchion

but yeah that video shows how much smaller the hitboxes for the shields are than their models would have you believe
    I wouldn’t call it a bug
    I would have liked to see them test out parries too though

oh, and THIS is exactly what I’m talking about when I say controlled environment, very good job on the makers of this video