How do .2% of people have bugged achievements?

• When you look at the global achievements .2% of people have the bugged achievements that are impossible to get?

• You can ‘cheat’ and unlock them with third party programs.

• @Martin:

You can ‘cheat’ and unlock them with third party programs.

That is what I suspected why aren’t these people instant banned?

p.s. please delete topic and ban them so they dont know why they were caught

• It’s not a bannable offence and because it deals with the Steam backend and not the game itself it’s entirely up to Valve what happens to you. It could mean an account ban or a simple achievement reset; that’s the risk you take.

• @Martin:

It’s not a bannable offence and because it deals with the Steam backend and not the game itself it’s entirely up to Valve what happens to you. It could mean an account ban or a simple achievement reset; that’s the risk you take.

Couldn’t you just tell valve that anyone with 100% of achievements is a hacker.

• That’s basically admitting to incompetence :P

Valve wouldn’t really do anything to be honest, it doesn’t affect anyone else and you’re only cheating yourself at the end of the day. When testing Age of Chivalry for example, we had console commands that unlocked and re-locked achievements any time we wanted, obviously removed in live versions. The best the Dev team can do to encourage getting them properly, is to first fix them and make sure they work, then reset all the impossible achievements on first game startup in the update which fixes them, then remove the reset for future updates.

• @Martin:

The best the Dev team can do to encourage getting them properly, is to first fix them and make sure they work, then reset all the impossible achievements on first game startup in the update which fixes them, then remove the reset for future updates.

I can’t WAIT to see the forums when people’s achievement progress get reset. IT SAID I HAVE 13.2 HOURS AS MASON AND NOW IT’s AT 0!!! ZOMG GIVE ME A REFUND!!! :P

• @BillDoor:

@Martin:

The best the Dev team can do to encourage getting them properly, is to first fix them and make sure they work, then reset all the impossible achievements on first game startup in the update which fixes them, then remove the reset for future updates.

I can’t WAIT to see the forums when people’s achievement progress get reset. IT SAID I HAVE 13.2 HOURS AS MASON AND NOW IT’s AT 0!!! ZOMG GIVE ME A REFUND!!! :P

That is not an impossible achievement and would not be reset.

• @ReMixx:

@BillDoor:

@Martin:

That is not an impossible achievement and would not be reset.

Well it’s bugged for me. The Agathian one too. Regardless, it was just a sarcastic observation about some forum posters and shouldn’t be taken literally.

• Haha, hawk is mad.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

@Martin:

You can ‘cheat’ and unlock them with third party programs.

That is what I suspected why aren’t these people instant banned?

p.s. please delete topic and ban them so they dont know why they were caught

edited I meant to say why arent not why are lol I want them banned.

It is pretty surprising to see you all say people who hack your achievements wont be banned.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

It is pretty surprising to see you all say people who hack your achievements wont be banned.

This is coming from someone who has an unhealthy obsession with getting achievements (me - http://www.achievementstats.com/index.p … 7970611950), they really don’t mean anything. It’s not like you have an xbox live gamerscore.

• @ReMixx:

@BandOfTheHawk:

This is coming from someone who has an unhealthy obsession with getting achievements (me - http://www.achievementstats.com/index.p … 7970611950), they really don’t mean anything. It’s not like you have an xbox live gamerscore.

Well the thing is that there is no achievement only hack, that hack is bundled with other hacks like stamina hack. Yes I do my research to know what to fraps for. Though I am pretty lazy on the reporting. I love getting achievements and could care less if people were only hacking achievements. Speed hacking, auto aim, stamina hack and health hacks chap my hide.

(this is what I read I am not 100% on it)

• @BandOfTheHawk:

Well the thing is that there is no achievement only hack

http://gib.me/sam/

Not sure if it works with this game, but achievement managers like this exist.