Patch out is out. What was in it?

• My steam just downloaded a 1gb patch for Chivalry. Is this the new patch we have been waiting for or something else?

I’m tingling with anticipation to try it out.

• configuration resets, sound crashes, and server browser issues :D

• No vet helms?

I’m going to go sulk. Nothing in the official news forums, so I was hoping it was the new patch out of beta.

I can’t play the Beta, as I can’t afford to spend my broadband cap on another download of the client, so I haven’t had the chance to try it out. Thus I’m looking forward to this new patch, and now I’m all blue balls.

• If you were still opted into beta for Chivalry, then this is what it is. It’s essentially the patch, but it’s not out to everyone yet as it’s not in the regular build. But there are some servers that are in it and once it’s officially released, there will be a message about it and all the servers updated and everyone will be on their merry way.

If you want to play with majority of the population, you’ll have to opt back out of beta (another 1 gb download) and then wait for the patch to be released. All betas in the future will all be on the separate Chivalry beta that is in your steam library.

• @RavenDice:

No vet helms?

I’m going to go sulk. Nothing in the official news forums, so I was hoping it was the new patch out of beta.

I can’t play the Beta, as I can’t afford to spend my broadband cap on another download of the client, so I haven’t had the chance to try it out. Thus I’m looking forward to this new patch, and now I’m all blue balls.

If I were you I would download the setup if possible on your phone at like mcdonalds using their wifi. You could even just park your car there and come back in 2 hours. Using your cell phone then transfer the files to your computer.

Ah ok so its a beta patch.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

@RavenDice:

No vet helms?

If I were you I would download the setup if possible on your phone at like mcdonalds using their wifi. You could even just park your car there and come back in 2 hours. Using your cell phone then transfer the files to your computer.

Then the manager comes out of the store. Happened to me. He looked pissed.

Drive off pretty fast after that.

• @lemonater47:

@BandOfTheHawk:

@RavenDice:

No vet helms?

Then the manager comes out of the store. Happened to me. He looked pissed.

Drive off pretty fast after that.

How would you download the files from Steam on your phone…?

• You can torrent the regular game setup. Hmm looks like the latest beta might not be the one were on though. The newest beta I can see is 02-13 on the pirate bay.

p.s. I have plenty of bandwidth but the mcdonalds by my house is so busy no one would notice, I would just drop my car off in the parking lot and walk home lol.

p.s.s. maybe a windows emulator?

• @BandOfTheHawk:

You can torrent the regular game setup. Hmm looks like the latest beta might not be the one were on though. The newest beta I can see is 02-13 on the pirate bay.

We don’t recommend downloading illegitimate copies of the game, even if you purchased it legally. Viruses and other nasty stuff can be in them.

@BandOfTheHawk:

p.s.s. maybe a windows emulator?

I remember seeing a presentation of an early version of WINE for Android. WINE was running on an Android emulator on a Mac. Not sure of the current state of it, but if you could get Steam to install and download the game, then you’d be set. Or if you have a laptop…

• Why would I do that? I wouldn’t like it if someone broke into my wireless and did that.

• @RavenDice:

No vet helms?

Broadband cap? In which countries do people actually still have this :O?

• @Fryseboks:

Broadband cap? In which countries do people actually still have this :O?

Not everyone lives in major metropolitan areas with 36 competing providers offering free kittens with wifi. I know Hughesnet and Blue Sky have severe cap limits. They also have lousy connection rates. Lose/Lose

• How would I go back on the beta update. It wont let me opt out of the beta thru the steam client popup

• Ok, I am not opt’d into any Betas at the moment, but I’m currently downloading a 1GB patch of some description after just turning off the game a few seconds ago.

Wut’Up wit dat?

And yes, I just checked my properties to confirm I didn’t magically switch to opt’d in…… my official game is currently downloading something. I would assume it’s the actual patch… or some other patch. :?

• I’m having the same situation - not being in beta, checking the options where it says im not in it, and still downloading the patch…. ??

• I opted out, reinstalled my game, and im still in the beta…

• Try doing the Opt In, restart steam, cancel the download, go back and opt out, restart steam, allow download.
    Worked for me.

• I have never activated any Beta and im also downloading the patch. So it seems to be the official client update?

• 1 gb downloading. No patch notes yes but there is a video that explains a bit here;

http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1789

• 1GB “patch” without any announcement whatsoever. Official site down, forum down… good job Steve. One can cleary see you are very professional at TBS.