Game freeze/lock up.

• Well, I have this annoying issue where the game freezes/locks up my entire computer. If I let it, it can freeze my computer for upwards of 5 minutes. I just get a clear, still frame without any sound (broken or otherwise) or response from any keyboard/mouse input, including alt+tab and alt+F4. I’ve been unfreezing/unlocking my computer by ctrl+alt+del, then esc, which seems to resume normal function until the next freeze/lock up. This issue only happens on this game. I haven’t noticed it in the Beta, but I also can’t find any Beta servers, so I haven’t thoroughly tested it.

Please let me know what info/logs I’ll need to post.

My specs:
    Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    4x 2GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866
    GTX 570 + 2GB GTX 650
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

UPDATE: I figure I’d just upload the DxDiag log, since that seems to be a popular request on these parts.

• Please attach your DXDiag.txt and Launch.log from the game.

• Apparently my log is too big. It’s ~4MB

UPDATE: Uploaded on Ubuntu One.
    http://ubuntuone.com/1FPGTYJynZe2hy3A4k3vB9

• I would first make sure your drivers are up to date. Overclocking has also been known to cause issues too so that might be it as well. From the looks of your logs it seems like the dropped weapon log spam seems to be where you froze so one I would try also would be to set your detail mode to low (I believe this gets rid of all dropped things) and see if you still lock up then.

• Well, the overclock has survived 20 hours of Prime95 without error, so I have my doubts that is the culprit. Drivers are the latest (314.22), and the issue still occurs. I’ll lower the details and post an update. If the issue still occurs then, then I’ll try running at stock clocks.

• So I lowered game detail mode and particle quality to their lowest settings and still getting freezes. Here is the newest log.

I will try playing at the stock clocks, and post an update.

Also there was an update, so I’m not sure if/how that is affecting my problem.