An idea to fix the stabs through shields and parries.

• From what I’ve seen of this happening, it only happens if you get face hugged and their weapon starts to stab you when it’s already past your parry/shield area. which is actually somewhat realistic for parry, but if you wanted to fix this, you could just make a barrier around each model that keeps that far enough from the player so that the parry and shields register and block attacks.

As I said, just my thoughts.

• @Bynokie:

From what I’ve seen of this happening, it only happens if you get face hugged and their weapon starts to stab you when it’s already past your parry/shield area. which is actually somewhat realistic for parry, but if you wanted to fix this, you could just make a barrier around each model that keeps that far enough from the player so that the parry and shields register and block attacks.

As I said, just my thoughts.

I would hope there is a better fix, maybe the Beta tracer fix helped anyway.

Barrier would be a pain for getting past people in narrow corridors.

• One of the worst things about face-hug stabs is that it connects just about immediately after the windup, which makes for some ludicrously fast stabs or feints that are all the more annoying. Honestly, how do you even prime a stab with a freaking GREATSWORD when you’re within kissing range?!

• this is how blocks and parries work

If you hit the block or parry before you hit the enemy player’s hitbox, it is a block
    If the attack hits the block or parry and the enemy player’s hitbox simultaniously, it is a block

Facehugging and stabbing someone who is parrying will be blocked
    It is also possible to butthug someone, stab them and get your attack blocked if the player is able to parry it

Basicaly, the problem you are talking about is not a problem with the game mechanics

• Windup primes the weapon

• I mean IRL

• @Wangmaster:

I mean IRL

Yeh, it’s really stupid. I had to sit around and wait for a hole in my chest to magically heal after getting stabbed the other day.

I’m pretty sure the stab “through” problem is about people fachugging and stabbing AROUND your shield or block. But because of desync you don’t see it. Trying looking to your left a bit when someone facehug stabs you.

• Not true. Even on servers with extremely low ping (20-30) I got stabbed through a perfect parry. And if I say perfect I mean it looked like the enemy actually aimed right at my crosshair.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

Not true. Even on servers with extremely low ping (20-30) I got stabbed through a perfect parry. And if I say perfect I mean it looked like the enemy actually aimed right at my crosshair.

Even on servers with extremely low ping there is still significant desync. How could you possibly know where the enemy was aiming without seeing his screen?

• I pretty much can’t block stabs anymore because everyone uses the running stab bug to get into face hugging mode, increase the stab speed, and run straight through any parry or shield block I can do. Because I average at 90-100 ping on all but two servers (Which are always empty), I can’t ever parry these hits in time.

• @RavenDice:

I pretty much can’t block stabs anymore because everyone uses the running stab bug […]

What does this even mean?

• I can understand stabs going through blocks/parries when it’s a SNEAKY STAB which even the tutorial promotes using. But it gets to the point where kissing distance stabs become unblockable after a parry because they are accelerated stabs and the weapon release starts inside your body so it becomes unblockable at times.

• @DokB:

But it gets to the point where kissing distance stabs become unblockable after a parry

you’re talking about the riposte
    they’re blockable, you gotta press that block fast though

• Actually facehugging stabs go through shields because their tracers start PAST the shield itself, hitting you directly.

• @Dr.Nick:

Actually facehugging stabs go through shields because their tracers start PAST the shield itself, hitting you directly.

I don’t think it’s limited to shields. A stab is pretty elementary to parry since it’s got less room to maneuver, but at facehug distance it’s just as hard to parry as an overhead for some reason, sometimes to the point where I am staring right at the blade as I parry and it still hits me.

• Generally I try to be fair to shield users and not facehug them.
    With that said, I have stabbed/sliced through many shields in the blocking position by some random force of glitch, with blood coming out of the shield ;)

I like to defeat shield users by using really fast strafing, making them look to where they “think” my attack is coming from, but then launching it from the opposite side. Works quite well.

• @BB:

@DokB:

But it gets to the point where kissing distance stabs become unblockable after a parry

What I’m saying is, it’s so quick and like Dr.Nick said, the weapon release tracer starts inside your body and if you haven’t got ESP. and mashed your right mouse like a madman then that weapon will seemingly hit you through a parry/block ridiculously quickly.

• @DokB:

@BB:

@DokB:

What I’m saying is, it’s so quick and like Dr.Nick said, the weapon release tracer starts inside your body and if you haven’t got ESP. and mashed your right mouse like a madman then that weapon will seemingly hit you through a parry/block ridiculously quickly.

yeah you’re pretty much gonna have to predict that and mash block beforehand

• @BB:

@DokB:

yeah you’re pretty much gonna have to predict that and mash block beforehand

However I don’t think that works anyway because from what I understand of the code if you have a shield you’re perma-parrying anyway and the stab still goes through.

• … what?