Unreal Engine 4 - Stop updating CMW and start CMW 2 ?

• First of all, take a look at this. This is the last video footage of a demo running the UE4 :

[youtubehd:2jjggtnh]kr2oHPSJ0m8[/youtubehd:2jjggtnh]

Now, here comes my subject : do you guys want Torn Banner to stop working on CMW updates and start working on CMW 2 under the UE4 ? or simply not ?

You vote, and you say why.

• Yeah thats a demo movie rendered not a game.

Big, big difference.

How about no.

• @gregcau:

Yeah thats a demo movie rendered not a game.

This is a real-time demo. Not rendered target or whatever.
    Which means this is how the UE4 games will look like.

• Instead of changing engine they should rather focus on fixing netcode for current game.

• @KaB:

@gregcau:

Yeah thats a demo movie rendered not a game.

This is a real-time demo. Not rendered target or whatever.
    Which means this is how the UE4 games will look like.

Not for a very long time. Its one thing doing a movie, its another thing creating a multi-player game.

• I really don’t need better lens flare or particle diffusion to enjoy chopping up weak Agathian scum.

• I think it’d be bad form to just ditch everyone who’s purchased the game when they are only, what, three patches in?

Plus, what does UE4 bring to the table that would really make the game better besides graphics?

• @gregcau:

Not for a very long time. Its one thing doing a movie, its another thing creating a multi-player game.

Well when you look at BF4 or Crysis 3 footages, you have to admit that it’s not so hard for actual engines to render such a beauty at the screen.
    And as Torn Banner already worked with the UE, I believe they would easily understand the 4th and exploit it the best way they can.

@BillDoor:

I really don’t need better lens flare or particle diffusion to enjoy chopping up weak Agathian scum.

That’s surely what people would have said if the game was moving from UE2 to UE3.

@Wobbler:

I think it’d be bad form to just ditch everyone who’s purchased the game when they are only, what, three patches in?

For the price I payed CMW, I think this is okay. Especially compared to many other games.

@Wobbler:

Plus, what does UE4 bring to the table that would really make the game better besides graphics?

The UE4 is able to do things the UE3 isn’t able to. As the UE3 is able to do things the UE2 isn’t able to, etc.
    I can’t tell you what are those new things the UE4 brings to the table, but I can assure you this is not only new graphics or visual effects.

• It’s not happening soon. They are still releasing many patches to come, the dev tool kits, and other goodies that will freshen the game up. Eventually they will move on, but for right now they are going to keep making this game better and better.

• @ChuckingIt:

It’s not happening soon. They are still releasing many patches to come, the dev tool kits, and other goodies that will freshen the game up. Eventually they will move on, but for right now they are going to keep making this game better and better.

Alright ! The SDK is surely a priority.

• Switch to cryengine would be a better idea.

• This game may improve a lot with just making better the design of maps, animations, collisions, etc…, no need more effects, needs other things.

• @sirsmokealot:

Switch to cryengine would be a better idea.

The team is already familiar with the Unreal Engine tools and its code-base. Switching to another engine would be silly :P

• Still, CryEngine is one of the best engines out there and has potential for every game genre. I am fine with the actual engine, but a sequel game on UE4 or CE3 would be amazing.

E: http://www.unrealengine.com/unreal_engine_4/

• I miss an important option in your poll:

“Yes, but not now.”

• @KaB:

@BillDoor:

I really don’t need better lens flare or particle diffusion to enjoy chopping up weak Agathian scum.

That’s surely what people would have said if the game was moving from UE2 to UE3.

Just … Wow.
    Obviously moving to the UE3 engine from the Source engine just wasn’t good enough to make the game enjoyable.

• I wish game companies would make actual CGI movies, they always make awesome cinematics.

• @funthomass:

I miss an important option in your poll:

“Yes, but not now.”

Here you go.

Edit : argh it resets everything.

• I think CryEngine 3 looks better than UE4. Let’s not forget that Chiv isn’t even using all of the graphical goodies in UE3 yet.

• Would rather them finishing polishing Chiv, then move onto a different game tbh.

Chiv is all about the gameplay mainly, tighter graphics wouldn’t help that much, other than seeing more blood and bits of bone.

I think it would help Torn Banner more to expand their experience with other types of games in different settings, than just making another Chivalry…

As a new company, they’ll want to show they have an array of different skills etc, than just being a one-trick pony.

Of course in a bit further future when tech has advanced a bit more, a Chiv 2 could be nice, but certainly not for a good few years.