Patches

• Can TB stop pushing out these large patches that do absolutely nothing. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap and I am tired of downloading these patches that don’t do anything for the game. And for the record, I am not opted in the beta so I don’t get why I have to download this to play.

• It fixes some serious bugs, you really want this update.
    No matter what TB does, someone has to complain…poor TB :/

• @ZigZag:

Can TB stop pushing out these large patches that do absolutely nothing. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap and I am tired of downloading these patches that don’t do anything for the game. And for the record, I am not opted in the beta so I don’t get why I have to download this to play.

The patch went live, it was not a beta update.

And it fixed some fucking annoying things like now being able to hold the sprint key down. citadel map imbalance, vanguard being able to cancel sprint mode, tracer blocking of dane axe, warhammer, face huggers etc.

Sure more things to fix for next round so complain away.

• Thank you Gregcau.

Also, no one patch will magically fix everything. they have to go at it one step at a time with plenty of testing and feedback in between (thank you for yours by the way, every post makes the game better) until a finely polished jewel is put down on the table for everyone to enjoy.

• @ZigZag:

Can TB stop pushing out these large patches that do absolutely nothing. I have a relatively small bandwidth cap and I am tired of downloading these patches that don’t do anything for the game. And for the record, I am not opted in the beta so I don’t get why I have to download this to play.

Just checking that you know how to disable auto-updates for each game from the game properties. Caps suck a$$

• @Falc:

It fixes some serious bugs, you really want this update.
    No matter what TB does, someone has to complain…poor TB :/

Okay from what I had read elsewhere in the forum it seemed it was for people who played in the beta servers. Also there were a few unnecessarily large patches that I had to download for no reason. And sorry I didn’t know I was not allowed to complain about a product that I had purchased. I guess no one is allowed an opinion unless it’s positive right?

But thank you for the responses.

And yes billdoor I know I can, but when I start up my game I need to patch it before I play.

• OK, well, these forums are usually wrong. :D
    The patch pushed last night was to those opted into beta. If you aren’t in Beta, you shouldn’t have seen many downloads since the content update.
    There was a small patch that had something to do with something (don’t remember, and then there was a 700 MB download a couple weeks ago which was a Valve mandated patch - something about combining common app files, I think.
    If I were living under a cap, I’d disable auto-updates for all my games, regardless.

• @BillDoor:

OK, well, these forums are usually wrong. :D
    The patch pushed last night was to those opted into beta. If you aren’t in Beta, you shouldn’t have seen many downloads since the content update.
    There was a small patch that had something to do with something (don’t remember, and then there was a 700 MB download a couple weeks ago which was a Valve mandated patch - something about combining common app files, I think.
    If I were living under a cap, I’d disable auto-updates for all my games, regardless.

No the patch was to the live servers and clients - check it out Trebuchet 3 is gone.

• @gregcau:

@BillDoor:

OK, well, these forums are usually wrong. :D

No the patch was to the live servers and clients - check it out Trebuchet 3 is gone.

I mean the patch pushed yesterday afternoon. If you had “Opt In to Beta” set in the main game properties (not the beta game properties) then you ‘pre-downloaded’ the live patch from today. Since there weren’t any live servers running this version, it basically turned it into a beta. I had to opt out of beta in properties, then redownload the base game (i.e. the unpatched game) in order to play on public servers last night.

Kimi knows what I’m talking about because she kicked my ass on the Dev server last night.

• Patch went live earlier today while we were all sleeping. Sorry about the size, but it is part of how unreal cooks the content.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentCooking.html

This is partially why we had opted for larger patches, as opposed to multiple small patches. That and the whole remote virtual studio thing (though that will be changing very SOON)

• @Andrew:

(though that will be changing very SOON)

Good luck in Soviet Canuckistan! bbrrrrr

• @Andrew:

Sorry about the size, but it is part of how unreal cooks the content.

http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/ContentCooking.html

Damn consolitis. Killing our PC gaming!

• Still no time for (detailed) announcement?

• @Peacerer:

Still no time for (detailed) announcement?

They are too busy hiding easter eggs.

• So that’s what they’re calling bugs these days, eh?

• The thread in the “official news” forum was updated with the info.