The game is not working properly

• dear TB,

Sirbarthelemy reported earlier to you guys that bugs are not fixed and that is is even worse, all you can answer is: “Veteran helmets do work”.
    How disapointing…. we don’t care about the veteran helmet, we want this game to work properly.
    Let’s be honest, the game is graphicly completely out-dated but fair enough we bought it to have fun.
    How to have fun with all the bugs? We have now more bugs than before today’s patch.
    I bought this game to have fun and to be able to do what I want hosting my own server in that way, I even convinced 2 friends to buy your game. My server does never show in the server browser so it is always empty. Fine! so because I can’t stand how slow is the game usually, I tried to find a server at more than 110% speed but guess what? filters don’t work so impossible for me find a server like I want. I even have to use a subsitute server browser…

I am afraid that I am running out of patience now. I have strongly advised my team to not buy the game and definitely cancelled our project to rent an official server for matchs.
    I know you want the communauty to support this game, you even think of providing an UDK tool. Do you honestly think that we will support a game in such a bad shape? it is like anything else in the world, there is a right moment, then it is too late.

Rgards
    Chris

• @cbib46:

dear TB,

Sirbarthelemy reported earlier to you guys that bugs are not fixed and that is is even worse, all you can answer is: “Veteran helmets do work”.
    How disapointing…. we don’t care about the veteran helmet, we want this game to work properly.
    Let’s be honest, the game is graphicly completely out-dated but fair enough we bought it to have fun.
    How to have fun with all the bugs? We have now more bugs than before today’s patch.

Um like what? Seems a lot better than before.

@cbib46:

I tried to find a server at more than 110% speed but guess what? filters don’t work so impossible for me find a server like I want.

110% doubt any server runs that, why would they?

your post is too vague

• With all due respect: in this stage, the game is simply not playable if you don’t like left-mousebutton-spamming with the mace. The skill requirement is gone, and I fear I should better conclude with the game. It was a good at release, but face it: These times are over and will never come back.

@gregcau

I have to agree with him, I can’t see any changes except that a 40 ping now seems laggy as hell.

• @HammelGammel:

I have to agree with him, I can’t see any changes except that a 40 ping now seems laggy as hell.

There always seems to be a lot of server side lag for the couple of days after the patch goes out. Certainly was last time but should eventually subside.

We did a lot of testing on the dane axe, warhammer, in your face daggers, it was much more parryable.

• @gregcau:

Um like what? Seems a lot better than before.

really? I am not sure we talk about the same game or your expectations are very poor.

@gregcau:

110% doubt any server runs that, why would they?
    your post is too vague

Gregcau, you can make the game running faster than normal (check the filters on the server browser), it makes the game funnier and less boring (my own opinion of course). I think my post is anything but vague, the speed game filter is crystal clear. I don’t feel the need to repeat all the bugs as already many people did that…

@HammelGammel: we are on the same wave, I am lucky because I have optic fibre, I have played a bit on several servers this afternoon, I have not spent more than 5 minutes on a server without people complaning about lag… It is definitely worse than before. Question is: was this patch tested? if yes, I think the guy in charge should be dismissed of the responsability.

• While I have had a generally pleasant experience with the new patch, I would LOVE an update from the developers regarding Ghost Swings, they are irritating especially in duel mode, I don’t think there was any mention of them in the patch notes either.

In my opinion that was quite a critical issue and to not have it fixed as soon as possible is worrying.

• @cbib46:

I think my post is anything but vague, the speed game filter is crystal clear.

I don’t think you understand, no server is running at 110% speed so the filter works fine.

• @HammelGammel:

With all due respect: in this stage, the game is simply not playable if you don’t like left-mousebutton-spamming with the mace. The skill requirement is gone, and I fear I should better conclude with the game. It was a good at release, but face it: These times are over and will never come back.

@gregcau

This

Release version was skillfull and not bug/idiotic mechanics related

Nothing will make the game “work” anymore

• @gregcau:

I don’t think you understand, no server is running at 110% speed so the filter works fine.

are you sure Gregcau? well I can tell you that mine is running at 125%, I have read some post about this timedilatation, so I would be very surprised if I have the only one server in the world set up at something else than 100% speed. Furthermore, if you set up the filter with “more than 110%” the browser will show a lot of servers, none of them are actually with more than 110% speed. And least, my server is visible on the substitute browser = properly set up. Name “[FR] 125% speed all gametype” IP: 86.171.172.10:7777

• @cbib46:

@gregcau:

are you sure Gregcau? well I can tell you that mine is running at 125%, I have read some post about this timedilatation, so I would be very surprised if I have the only one server in the world set up at something else than 100% speed. Furthermore, if you set up the filter with “more than 110%” the browser will show a lot of servers, none of them are actually with more than 110% speed. And least, my server is visible on the substitute browser = properly set up. Name “[FR] 125% speed all gametype” IP: 86.171.172.10:7777

Yeah perhaps you are right, certainly the >110 is broken, who knows if the others work. But maybe yours is the only one, kind of hard to tell. Cant see your avg admin changing it since the setting defaults to 100. The server browser bring back only 200 or so servers has been an issue forever. The alt browser is random from 231 to 601 - seems to be a steam issue.

• Pretty sure the high lag but low ping is related to the big DDoS attack on the internet happening this week.
    Not that there aren’t lag/ping related issues in the game, but it’s hard to judge until the spammers and pirates decide to allow the rest of us to use their internet.

• People still don’t get it. Chivalry “lags” due to poorly optimized netcode.

• @gregcau:

But maybe yours is the only one, kind of hard to tell. Cant see your avg admin changing it since the setting defaults to 100.

I appreciate you want to “help” the game but trolling is not the correct way.

@gregcau:

The server browser bring back only 200 or so servers has been an issue forever. The alt browser is random from 231 to 601 - seems to be a steam issue.

Well, Chivalry is not the only Steam game but still it is the only one I know having this 240 servers issue. About the alt browser, I found my server but yet cannot say if you’re argument is real or bullshit. By the way I have been hosting their games for more than 7 years (windos and linux) and I never heard about this kind of browser issue. Anyway 2 choices here: this is not a Steam issue or it is a well-known issue with a well-known fix!

This game has been released for 6 months!!! and it is still awfully bugged. We (hosts, modders et mappers) need to know what is the dealine to fix properly this game. We are ready to support the game but will not wait for ever (not even a month for myself).

regards
    Chris

• No answer from TB, it is now clear that 6 months after the release the game is still bugged and will stay that way for a while, if not for ever. I definitely stop waiting, I don’t think that the communauty will be there once the UDK tool is released.

Goodbye and good luck

• @cbib46:

@gregcau:

are you sure Gregcau? well I can tell you that mine is running at 125%, I have read some post about this timedilatation, so I would be very surprised if I have the only one server in the world set up at something else than 100% speed.

You realize that Gregcau and maybe a handful of others are the only ones on the forum that have a “NO ITS NOT BROKEN” attitude? They have since day one, FYI. Go check their post history, read the whole history and please tell me if you can find any actual criticism of the game or its current issues.
    The tone from him and a few others has been for the most part completely backing Torn banner no matter WHAT happens patch-wise.

This is mostly the reason slygoat went from just a random poster to an actual team position. It was almost impossible for him to admit the game was broken a while back. At this point I’d agree with slygoat: if the game by my definition was broken 3+ months ago, what do you call the current state of the game? I wouldn’t also be surprised if they play on the forums more than they do in-game. Any person with a sane mind and a common sense of development would say at this point the game has gone from rolling downhill to avalanche status in terms of quality control.

TLDR; If you stick up for the game here no matter how wrong you are, you WILL be rewarded. Criticism here is taken with a “lol u bad” attitude and has since the start of this game.

Also, this:
    @Peacerer:

People still don’t get it. Chivalry “lags” due to poorly optimized netcode.

I mean this pretty much sums it up. The game is hopeless unless they figure out how to tone the math down in the netcode, as well as polish the combat system. The problem with that is its going to take YEARS with a 5-10 man crew to do that. They won’t hire more people to grow the game, and TADA, it dies. Game development 101 gentlemen.

• @cbib46:

Goodbye and good luck

Congratulations on winning drama-queen-of-the-week on the forum pages. You had a lot of competition! :D

• @cbib46:

@gregcau:

The server browser bring back only 200 or so servers has been an issue forever. The alt browser is random from 231 to 601 - seems to be a steam issue.

Well, Chivalry is not the only Steam game but still it is the only one I know having this 240 servers issue. About the alt browser, I found my server but yet cannot say if you’re argument is real or bullshit.

Well I looked the source java code, modified it to see how many master servers were returned from steam and it is random from 231 to 601. There is nothing in the code to dictate that, increasing the timeout did not have any effect. It is using libraries to call steam so that is all I can see.

@rinaun:

You realize that Gregcau and maybe a handful of others are the only ones on the forum that have a “NO ITS NOT BROKEN” attitude?

Cry me a river lol. I logged several bugs and guess what many got fixed. Its amazing what happens if you take the high road.

• Lol!? game graphically outdated? get new computer you cheap bastard. Fucking hate trolls like you expecting to play everything at maximum quality with your wooden computer.

• Since the original poster has claimed he has left the game, and this thread isn’t going anywhere, I am going to lock this. surprise surprise