Absolute worst patch ever.

• This patch has essentially ruined the game for me and for others. One handed weapons are ridiculously slow, I am sure that any lard ass in the world could swing a sword faster than this. SoW is still insanely fast but the rest of the weapons are pathetically slow. And animations are off worst than ever in combos. The balance issues were fine before this patch. I have a few friends who I suggested this game to but until this shit gets resolved I will be advising them and everyone else who asks about the game not to purchase it.

• @Wiggles0311:

This patch has essentially ruined the game for me and for others. One handed weapons are ridiculously slow, I am sure that any lard ass in the world could swing a sword faster than this. SoW is still insanely fast but the rest of the weapons are pathetically slow. And animations are off worst than ever in combos. The balance issues were fine before this patch. I have a few friends who I suggested this game to but until this shit gets resolved I will be advising them and everyone else who asks about the game not to purchase it.

Check you FOV settings. It could change the speed.

quoting Andrew:

We split the patches. Balance Patch is the next one. Please report any bugs to here:

viewforum.php?f=87

Constructive feedback is always welcome, which this is not.

• @Woodzi:

Check you FOV settings. It could change the speed.

The Percieved speed. Doesn’t actually change weapon speed. I can’t wait to get home and download this! :P

• @Wiggles0311:

This patch has essentially ruined the game for me and for others. One handed weapons are ridiculously slow, I am sure that any lard ass in the world could swing a sword faster than this. SoW is still insanely fast but the rest of the weapons are pathetically slow. And animations are off worst than ever in combos. The balance issues were fine before this patch. I have a few friends who I suggested this game to but until this shit gets resolved I will be advising them and everyone else who asks about the game not to purchase it.

I find it hard to believe The Wiggles play this game. Weapon speed didn`t change.

• I do have to agree that one handers are quite slow now. Nevertheless, the server browser and the parries work like a charm.

Also Vet. Helmets are only working for official servers

How can you cancel a vanguard sprint attack? As i read there somewhere.

• @AbyssusAther:

How can you cancel a vanguard sprint attack? As i read there somewhere.

RMB (parry) takes you out of your sprint mode, of course it will start up again so you have to watch for the animation change. Not a good long term fix but it helps since you dont stop running.

• @gregcau:

@Wiggles0311:

I find it hard to believe The Wiggles play this game. Weapon speed didn`t change.

The weapon speed 100% changed. My norse sword all other weapons are retardedly slow now. all of my settings are the same I ran it default to start with.

• At this point it doesn’t even matter what changed and what didn’t. Its somehow more sad that TBS failed to make any announcements. Nothing about yesterdays full day downtime of official site, forum down. Nothing about 1 GB “patch”. NOTHING. Shame on TBS, especially now as they are transiting to become stationary company.

On the other side i see moderators somehow try to do something. To mitigate situation with at least few availabe informations. But i guess they can’t and aren’t allowed to do much untill Steve approves.

• @Wiggles0311:

The weapon speed 100% changed. My norse sword all other weapons are retardedly slow now. all of my settings are the same I ran it default to start with.

The weapon changes didn’t effect the speed of the weapons at all. You might feel different due to the fact the alternate attacks are a little faster strikers. The next patch will deal with weapons and their changes. Please don’t bitch on the forums threatening to Veto the game when you could simply post in Bug report telling them of your situation. Please act mature. Please lock.

• I have every right to complain where ever I please. I am the buyer and can vote with my money however I wish. And suggest or not suggest a game to a friend. If you dont agree with that beat sand in another direction.

@LoverBoy.USA:

@Wiggles0311:

The weapon changes didn’t effect the speed of the weapons at all. You might feel different due to the fact the alternate attacks are a little faster strikers. The next patch will deal with weapons and their changes. Please don’t bitch on the forums threatening to Veto the game when you could simply post in Bug report telling them of your situation. Please act mature. Please lock.

• @Wiggles0311:

I have every right to complain where ever I please. I am the buyer and can vote with my money however I wish. And suggest or not suggest a game to a friend. If you dont agree with that beat sand in another direction.

@LoverBoy.USA:

@Wiggles0311:

Dude STFU. You are not entitled to anything. Stop being such a godamn perfectionist.

The unreal engine is a highly unstable engine. You can program something using this engine and what you programmed doesn’t always work and its the engines fault.

The weapon speeds have not changed a bit. Its all in your head.

• Not saying OP is right, and I certainly don’t agree with his attitude but…

I’ve been playing the new patch for an hour or so, and I feel something with one-handed weapons HAS changed.

If I had to guess I think it’s that the overhead animation has been tampered with in some way. I’m not sure if it’s ACTUALLY making the overhead faster or slower, but it is absolutely throwing me off.

(I was using Broadsword MAA and Shortsword Archer.)

• I’ve been playing the beta for some time and for the last 30 minutes on ‘live’ and this is basically the beta. There are changes to the animations which do make it very different to play. You will get used to it. Skills gained will not be lost, just translated.
    I’m gonna repeat that. You will get used to it.
    I’m more encouraged than disappointed (and as a saber user, I’m a bit disappointed); and looking forward to the next patch ‘1b’ as soon as they can finetune the changes they just made and we are all testing.
    Screenshots, videos or calm and precisely worded bug reports are more effective than ZOMG THIS GAMES SUXXX I WANTS ME MONEYZ BAKZ
    Just my two pan-nies.

• Yeah, it’s just you. It’s pretty damn fast still. They fixed a lot of things, I’m really happy. They evened out a lot of animation flaws in the 1 handers, it’s a lot more solid and consistent now. Can’t wait for the next patch.

• @DemonicChocobo:

Not saying OP is right, and I certainly don’t agree with his attitude but…

I’ve been playing the new patch for an hour or so, and I feel something with one-handed weapons HAS changed.

If I had to guess I think it’s that the overhead animation has been tampered with in some way. I’m not sure if it’s ACTUALLY making the overhead faster or slower, but it is absolutely throwing me off.

(I was using Broadsword MAA and Shortsword Archer.)

Yeah, they changed the animation, but not really the speed. Be glad in knowing weapon + shield is the same as before for now.

• Weapon speed was not changed at all for any weapons that I am aware of, nor does it feel like it has to me.

The only speed difference is that alternate attacks now have the same speed as ordinary attacks.

• I miss my old animations already. :(

….and treb 3.

• Norse Sword slow? It is as speedy as it has always been. I was rampaging around this morning with norse sowrd and doing very well with it.

At first I thought they shrunk the broadsword, so I switched to Norse and everything went swimmingly. Then I realised it was my FOV settings reverting to normal. O well, at least it re-inspired my norse sword.

• RIP Morningstar. :(

• @Peacerer:

At this point it doesn’t even matter what changed and what didn’t. Its somehow more sad that TBS failed to make any announcements. Nothing about yesterdays full day downtime of official site, forum down. Nothing about 1 GB “patch”. NOTHING. Shame on TBS, especially now as they are transiting to become stationary company.

On the other side i see moderators somehow try to do something. To mitigate situation with at least few availabe informations. But i guess they can’t and aren’t allowed to do much untill Steve approves.

Hi there,

There was a quick post on the Facebook and Twitter pages about the downtime and a post (not a thread) about it as well. Everyone had just got back from PAX (with the exception of a few who were at GDC), so they were working hard to get the patch out for us. They were nice enough to give us the patch notes way in advance as well so we knew what to look forward to. They are still learning as they go and getting their studio up and running. Cut them some slack, things will get better. Now they can work on the second patch and other goodies that are coming up.