FFA duel servers are fucking tense

• I was on a duel server that the clan VIKING owns. Was doing fairly well, people seemed to be getting annoyed by me because i was winning a lot of duels. I´m pretty familiar with the social dynamics of these sort of servers, so i usually try to just shut the fuck up when i´m playing

I bowed to some maa dude there that obviously had a high social status within that server

He bowed back to me, and also to mention, i was running as a vanguard with a charged hit ready when i bowed to him

Guess what happens next

after he bows back, i run like 5 meters from him and then run back at him and kill him in a single blow

Notice right away that some misunderstanding has taken place; immediately say that he bowed

See right away comment seeing him say “you didnt bow” which i did, and then i got kicked within like 5 secs after i killed him.

Its as if they were ready to kick me for the smallest mistake i would make. THIS is CMW ffa duel mode in its truest light. The competition is so fucking brutal its unbelievable for such a new game.

• You didn’t stand still and bow. You were running around.

And then you kited him. Which is an annoying tactic.

• @lemonater47:

You didn’t stand still and bow. You were running around.

I´m not aware of any rule that says i´m not allowed to be moving while i bow to a player, and he did see that i was running with a charged hit when he bowed to me so your point is completely invalid.

• @danezcou3:

@lemonater47:

I´m not aware of any rule that says i´m not allowed to be moving while i bow to a player, and he did see that i was running with a charged hit when he bowed to me so your point is completely invalid.

It is kind of implied. That’s like bowing right in someone’s face then attacking. Proper form, is for both players to not be moving, so when it starts no one has an advantage. In fact, you shouldn’t move at all until bows/taunts are over. This is why I prefer taunting over bowing.

• @ChuckingIt:

@danezcou3:

@lemonater47:

It is kind of implied. That’s like bowing right in someone’s face then attacking. Proper form, is for both players to not be moving, so when it starts no one has an advantage. In fact, you shouldn’t move at all until bows/taunts are over. This is why I prefer taunting over bowing.

It appears as if you have missed the main point of my post, perhaps you´re just a little dim witted, and thats okay; it is quite common amongst humans.

• @danezcou3:

It appears as if you have missed the main point of my post, perhaps you´re just a little dim witted, and thats okay; it is quite common amongst humans.

Seems like it never takes long for people complaining about being kicked to start dropping gems like this one.

edit: So that my post might be a bit more useful. Its obvious what happened, he didnt see your bow because you were running around like an idiot and he bowed indicating that he wanted to fight you not because he was acknowledging you.

• So let me get this straight. You were running as a VG with sprint attack ready, ran by said MAA and bowed while still sprinting?

• @danezcou3:

You’re right, too bad we can’t all be sentient turds from the Russian sewer systems like you. We’re just humans.

• You can’t bow while sprinting. I’ve never seen anybody try anything so audacious. You need to stand and acknowledge your opponent and then start your fight. You obviously caught him unawares because of your utterly horrible etiquette.

• I believe people get easily mad when you beat them in in front of their friends.

• @dudeface:

You can’t bow while sprinting. I’ve never seen anybody try anything so audacious. You need to stand and acknowledge your opponent and then start your fight. You obviously caught him unawares because of your utterly horrible etiquette.

I bow without completely stopping movement sometimes, but not sprinting; I tend to always keep my fingers active if I’m going to fight, which is why the doubletap to dodge was always such a problem, since I spam the WASD sometimes. I’ll also bow while moving if the other person is just charging at me and obviously isn’t going to bow, but that only happens in Duel Mode =p

A Vanguard running around to get his sprint attack isn’t a big deal to me though, since sprint attack is terrible. Someone running in circles and then bowing (which depending on the speed of your bow, someone might not even notice for what it is especially while running) then immediately turning around to then come back to attack is just silly though. OP was rightfully kicked, but at least his intent wasn’t malicious.

• danezcou3, what was the name of the MaA because i dont remember kicking anyone 5 seconds after such thing. You always get warned a few times, sounds like one of our admins was on a FFA hunt and it looked like you FFA’d the MaA or something.

• I don’t know why, but the image in my head of you running around in a full Vanguard sprint with the sprint attack ready, attempting to bow to another player to initiate a duel reminds me of a stereotypical spazzy ADHD 10 year old, constantly bumping into people in a crowded public space.

Stop being a spazzy ADHD kid, regain your composure and follow the proper dueling etiquette. You’ll get kicked from servers less often.

• @OP, if you haven’t twigged what people are saying to you, it’s this: if you act like a twat, be prepared to be treated like one.
    It’s common knowledge on FFA duel servers that you give the opponent time to accept a challenge and set himself for combat. It’s not that hard, just look around and see if anyone else is charging people and bowing the last second before they strike.

• I can accept that it was a misunderstanding. But you were at fault here.
    If you want to bow, do it right. Dont do a charging bow, if that is even possible, then run away, making the opponent think you didnt want to fight, and then run back and kill him.
    Also dont call ppl idiots when they take the time and post a reply to your thread, without offending you.
    If you want people to only agree with you, tough luck.
    Plus the VK guys maybe serious about competing, but they are not fucking pussies who would kick someone for killing them.