New patch - first impressions

• I feel like I’m playing to a different game… pace, speed and even some animations… almost everything seemed to have changed :o

Servers browser still not good
    I appreciate the work but do we really need all those options…? It’s not like we had the choice between 100 servers…

Unnecessary options :

• save/reset/load/apply filters
    • perspective (btw this one is bug and keeps on “first person” state even after u save the filters)
    • min rank/ max rank/ use rank filter
    • History

Would be nice to be able to type a number in a field for “Max ping” instead of choosing between 50/100/200/300/400/500… who is gonna chose 500 anyways…

Citadel too easy for Aghatians
    This is what I would have done to balance it :

First objective

• Reduce the space between agathians spawn and the balistas but not so much.
    • Put the Mason spawn at first floor instead of second floor. The actual spawn is too far from the balistas.
    • Increasing the movement speed of ballistas was a good idea but it’s too fast now. Where is the chanllenge?

Second/third/fourth objective
    Fine

Last objective (kill Malric)
    Still too easy… the problem didn’t only come from the fact that the agathians spawn was really close to Malric but also by the fact that there is too many hidden and short accesses to Malric where the agathians can lead a surprise attack. Balance it by enlarging the room. Make it longer! Masons need to have more time to see agathians coming. Also, remove the empty room and surroundings below the throne where it’s really easy to hide, rest and then surprise Malric by taking the back stairs. Just put some walls there to make it unaccessable. Speaking about the back stairs… it’s too easy for agathians to get there undetected and then again surprise Malric. Remove those or make it only accessible by Masons who spawn for a fast regroup.

Combat mechanics
    I didn’t test all classes but here are my first impressions about MAA

• The new sprint toggle system absolutely ruins my gameplay:
      I don’t know exactly how to explain this but now, I can’t dodge properly, I can’t crounch properly, I can’t rest properly, I can’t surprise my ennemy with an sudden acceleration…
      I remember when I first start to play this game, I found the sprint system really hard. But now after 600 hours, I understand why it was like that. It make sense that in a skill based game, some mechanics are hard to learn but once learned, it gives u an advantage on others, giving u more tactical possibilities with your footsteps. That was the case before but now, every rookie that start the game press the sprint button once and they run all the time. I truly believe this new sprint mechanic totally ruins the pace of the game.

• why did you change the normal overhead?
      It was perfect and gave us a good alternative from the alt overhead. Now it’s only a vertical attack and just looks like the alt overhead but slower. Please make it like before, a slightly horizontal attack.

• Block system looks fine. Too easy…but lets say it’s fine ;-)

• Attack queuing system looks fine thanks god !!!

• Flinch is working during combos but there are still some ghost attacks from time to time.

New mode - fist fight at the tavern
    It’s f**** great !!! So funny. You guys did a great job with this one!
    It would be even more fun if we could take some bottles at the bar to throw them ;-) Well since it’s medieval… I guess there was no bottle yet… but give us something to throw ! :D

What I really would like to have in the patch 2
    Sorry to say but there are still so many bugs in this game… some are imortant and are slowly killing this game, some are just not necessary to rework for now. Here are the ones that ruins my fun as a MAA player:

• No more ghost attack
    • Previous sprint system back
    • Previous normal overhead animation/trace back
    • Fix the dodge please. It’s litterally killing me! If the ennemy is close to you, there’s a high chance your dodge is going to make u move 4/5 less than it suppose to be. and it’s even worse now that everybody is running all the time…
    • Give us the possibility to reduce the dodge double tap to 0ms without having to go into the ini file.

That’s it :D

… sorry for the typos and my poor english… but it’s really late and I don’t feel like re-reading what I just wrote… even though i should… good night ;)

• This post is exactly what I think about the game.

And a thing I’ve noticed: The MaA’s swing is indeed slower. Even the knight is way faster! Seriously, nerfing a class doesn’t mean making it useless. I see literally no use for the MaA anymore in it’s current state. He isn’t fast anymore, the damage is extremely low, the dodge is bugged and without the old sprintsystem his runspeed doesn’t give you any advantage. There is just no use for it, any other class is better in all categorys :(

This thread, TBS, you should take a look at to fix the game again :)

• You don’t have to use sprint toggle anymore - just hold shift key down.

• @Blackleader:

First objective

• Reduce the space between agathians spawn and the balistas but not so much.
    • Put the Mason spawn at first floor instead of second floor. The actual spawn is too far from the balistas.
    • Increasing the movement speed of ballistas was a good idea but it’s too fast now. Where is the chanllenge?

oh please, slow ballista was damn annoying, who wants to wiggle their mouse across the screen like that gees.

but I do understand why a lot of high ranking people liked sitting on defense citadel before so they can laugh and taunt agatha while respawning twice.

shame they cant do that now.

• @gregcau:

You don’t have to use sprint toggle anymore - just hold shift key down.

That’s what I always did beforehand.

And when I played the first part of citadel we managed to keep the agathians away still. It all depends on team skill.

• @lemonater47:

@gregcau:

yeah but now it works lol

• @gregcau:

@lemonater47:

@gregcau:

yeah but now it works lol

I always found toggle sprint even more annoying than the slightly buggy holding it down sprint.