Speedhacker Odyssey *Video proof*

• I’ve recorded a guy by the name Odyssey who I first noticed doing exceptional stuff a few weeks ago but never did I bother to record it because it was always the same “i got pc issues” stuff when being accused. Today I noticed that players took note of him moving around to fast and when they asked if he was using a speedhack I took the time for a little record. To me it’s pretty obvious that he moves at exceptional speed for an regular Vanguard.
    No lag issues whatsoever since his Ping is 44 and the rest of the server isn’t suffering any exceptional pings.
    The guy’s hits land sooner then the animation does for the players as you see they will die a second or two later then the hit has been made.
    The iceskating in both walking and running stance is not normal for an Vanguard.

I hope provided Video proofs enough for Chivalry to take action against this guy.
    His Steam ID is included in the video where I used the Steam browser to find his ID using steamidfinder.com

For future reference I would like to know where to post these kinds of topics because now i’m clueless where to put it.

I’ve done little editing only to protect my privacy by hiding my own accountname from Steam Overlay.

Best viewable in 1080HD full screen.
    I’m a noob to video editing so a basic song has been brought in to the background but the game sounds will still be there so you can hear that this guy hits way later then he swings.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxWWL83kxos

ps: recorded on 60fps (you will maybe see a fraps indicator),but youtube’s shite on high fps recording and will default it back to lower fps) cant do anything about that.

• TBS does not ban anyone. Security in Chivalry is non existant.

• Where the fuck is the SPEED HACK

looks like a normal vanguard to me

loser

• You think this is not a speed hack? I think you don’t look straight.
    Other vanguards in this vid run and walk alot slower then this guy, thus his hits are not connecting.
    In game people were wondering if hes using something and spectacting him confirmed their suspision.

• Based on the walk speed alone I’d say he was speed-hacking. Given that he has a <50 ping, the wacky hit detection on his swings is also pretty good evidence, since speedhack fucks up your swing speed and the animations fall out of sync.

• @Peacerer:

TBS does not ban anyone. Security in Chivalry is non existant.

This is definitely not true. We have a global ban list that actually has people on it! FUN TIMES!

• I didn’t see any real signs of a speed hack. There was some delay from animation to execution but I see that all the time as well. This could be due to netcode and a shitty computer. He moves at the exact same speed as the other vanguard he is walking next to at 2 mins in. In the first section where he takes out 2 knights, he doesn’t actually kill the second knight. It looks like the second knight was shot by an arrow or an axe maybe and drops before his swing hits and there is no server kill credit given to him in the upper right.

What you did manage to capture is the sky-cloud graphics bug that I had tried to describe where in your video you see a floating cloud through out. It is some weird bug where the menu screen background sky spectacular remains floating in game.

• Lmao… all he was doing was move with his swings. Most of rank 30+ players do that. L2P and quit crying like a little bitch or get the fuck out if you can’t take the ass pounding you’re obviously getting.

• he sure ran fast at the beginning

• @Retsnom:

I didn’t see any real signs of a speed hack. There was some delay from animation to execution but I see that all the time as well. This could be due to netcode and a shitty computer. He moves at the exact same speed as the other vanguard he is walking next to at 2 mins in. In the first section where he takes out 2 knights, he doesn’t actually kill the second knight. It looks like the second knight was shot by an arrow or an axe maybe and drops before his swing hits and there is no server kill credit given to him in the upper right.

What you did manage to capture is the sky-cloud graphics bug that I had tried to describe where in your video you see a floating cloud through out. It is some weird bug where the menu screen background sky spectacular remains floating in game.

Yes I have it after maps that play during the night…it sticks there and doesn’t go away.

• @Kimiko:

@Peacerer:

This is definitely not true. We have a global ban list that actually has people on it! FUN TIMES!

Sure you have it. Maybe for those few official servers only. That’s not global. Besides where can we see that list?

• @Peacerer:

@Kimiko:

@Peacerer:

Sure you have it. Maybe for those few official servers only. That’s not global. Besides where can we see that list?

Not for the “few”. It’s for ALL official servers. Which is as far as we can go “globally”. It will be available to other server owners and server hosts in the future. Our server host for the global ban list got changed, so I don’t have information on that right now.

• I’d hardly call that a cheat. Game bug at best, animation de-sync is quite common and it seems to be the only issue, speed is hard to determine, but he seems to be within acceptable limits.
    It would’ve been better if you provided an actual fight instead of a spectate-PoV.

But this is hardly anything worthy of a name and shame scenario.

Here, for comparrison, a speedhacker.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfzu5lqNhOU

• Video has gone!

• Hello,

I’d like to remind everyone that you should never call someone out for any reasons. If you have a problem with someone, please send them a private message. If you think the person is hacking, then please contact one of the moderators.

You can find how to properly deal with hackers here: http://forums.tornbanner.com/showthread.php/15212-READ-FIRST-Hack-Cheat-Exploit-Reports

With that said, I’m locking this.

Thank you for your co-operation.