Health decreasing while regen

• I got this bug a few times yesterday but with the massive lag skipes I was not sure about it. Today it is confirmed.

I am wounded, and walking or standing still while my hp regen. Then it goes down all of a sudden. No ghost hit, no projectile, nothing. I just lose some hp, and the regen kicks again. I think it has to do with the new sprint toggle ability, because it never happened to me while it was not active.

I suspect that somehow the game takes back the hp I’ve just regen while walking because it thinks that I was constantly sprinting and therefore unable to regen. So now when I am wounded I cannot alternate between sprinting and walking or I might lose hp. Ofc I could stop using the new sprint ability (if it is indeed what causes the issue) but something is definitively wrong here.

Such bug is a major issue me thinks, and could use a hotfix.

• I seen this happen today, I thought I was imagining it though

• Ok I did some testing and it also happens when the sprint toogle is off. So I don’t know from what it results but it is terrible.

• I definitely had one instance where my health regenerated REALLY slowly, but the near-dead heartbeat and muffled sound you get when at almost zero health didn’t go away even if I waited a couple of minutes for it to fully regenerate. Then I still seemed to die in 1 hit anyway. :?

• I can easily reproduce it after being wounded by spamming tab, caps lock, and or shift keys and my health will just randomly drop every few seconds. Will post a video later, it seemed tab and shift were probably causing it. At one point I was full health after losing and gaining health for about 30 seconds spamming those 3 keys so I waited a couple seconds once I was full, then pressed tab 3 times quickly and lost almost half my health.

Edit:Confirmed:: It is a visual bug. When you get hit sometimes you don’t regen right away, but the game is sometimes showing that you are regening. As soon as you tap shift to start your real regen, the game reverts your health to what it really is. I replicated it by spamming shift while it shows me regening health, even though you dont regen while spamming shift, so as soon as I stopped pressing shift, my health resets to what it really is.

[youtubehd:2jnuh21g]DJd0sIV9aHU[/youtubehd:2jnuh21g]

• Well if it’s only visual it’s less game breaking then I suppose. Good catch.

Btw what do you have binded on shift? Cause I never use that key.

• @Asmon:

Well if it’s only visual it’s less game breaking then I suppose. Good catch.

Btw what do you have binded on shift? Cause I never use that key.

Sprint. I press it so much my pinky was asking me if I even lift bro the other day.

• Ok. Now I have to ask: do you even lift?

• I suspect this may be fixed by fixing the health regenerating immediately when you press shift bug - which is something we’ve already done for patch 2.

• @SlyGoat:

I suspect this may be fixed by fixing the health regenerating immediately when you press shift bug - which is something we’ve already done for patch 2.

Thats a bug!? Sadface. All those months of pressing shift to regen faster and its a bug lol.

@Asmon:

Ok. Now I have to ask: do you even lift?

My pinky can bench over 9000 grams. Come at me.

• @Anonymoose:

@SlyGoat:

I suspect this may be fixed by fixing the health regenerating immediately when you press shift bug - which is something we’ve already done for patch 2.

Thats a bug!? Sadface. All those months of pressing shift to regen faster and its a bug lol.

That would be a really strange thing to be in the game intentionally :P

• @SlyGoat:

@Anonymoose:

@SlyGoat:

That would be a really strange thing to be in the game intentionally :P

I thought maybe the bug was that health didn’t regen right away unless you ran to start it.

• it happens when you toggle sprint, I have toggle sprint checked. When I turn off sprint with shift my health drops a bit. The problem seems to be you can only turn off sprint while walking forward if toggle sprint is checked. And for some reason I believe that it is tied into this problem.

It happens when you have auto run on then turn it off while regenerating. You have to run forward to turn it( auto run) off when toggle sprint is checked in options.

You lose like 10% health.

p.s. I believe its like this, you sprint, you stop, regen starts you run, then you stop running, bam it hits. The guy below said toggle dont matter so this is what I am guessing it is.

• @BandOfTheHawk:

it happens when you toggle sprint, I have toggle sprint checked. When I turn off sprint with shift my health drops a bit. The problem seems to be you can only turn off sprint while walking forward. And for some reason I believe that is tied into this problem.

It happens when you have auto run on then turn it off while regenerating. You have to run forward to turn it(run) off when toggle sprint is checked in options.

It isn’t just the toggle, its sprint in general. I never use toggle, don’t like it.

To your edit, yes, basically, if you do an action that is supposed to stop health regen, it sometimes sends the message you are regaining health even though you aren’t, it just reverts it back to what health you really have when you do start your real regen.

• I am not entirelly sure its only a visual bug allways! :(
    After the patch I have been hit once and killed by 1H weapons (when playing as knight) that have never happened to me before.

I have experienced lots of times, that that my health bar fully charged up but i could still hear the heart beat sound (the one you hear when you are badly wounded).
    Then my health bar would drop to 0 all of a sudden again and for a 2nd time, I would let it charge back up, still hearing the heart beat sound though. Now my health bar is at 100% but one hit from anything kills me :(

I would guess that in about 20 min. of gameplay I will experience the bug about 10 times.
    Looking VERY much forward to a fix of this.
    Other than this bug, I havent experienced any other bugs so far from this patch.

• @birk:

I am not entirelly sure its only a visual bug allways! :(
    After the patch I have been hit once and killed by 1H weapons (when playing as knight) that have never happened to me before.

I have experienced lots of times, that that my health bar fully charged up but i could still hear the heart beat sound (the one you hear when you are badly wounded).
    Then my health bar would drop to 0 all of a sudden again and for a 2nd time, I would let it charge back up, still hearing the heart beat sound though. Now my health bar is at 100% but one hit from anything kills me :(

I would guess that in about 20 min. of gameplay I will experience the bug about 10 times.
    Looking VERY much forward to a fix of this.
    Other than this bug, I havent experienced any other bugs so far from this patch.

Yo u still have the heartbeat because your health is still low, the game is showing you regaining health when you aren’t. That is why that happens.

• @Anonymoose:

Yo u still have the heartbeat because your health is still low, the game is showing you regaining health when you aren’t. That is why that happens.

Then there is a regen bug!, because I have tried standing perfectly still, wich SHOULD regen my health but then the heart beat thing goes on and on

• @birk:

@Anonymoose:

Then there is a regen bug!, because I have tried standing perfectly still, wich SHOULD regen my health but then the heart beat thing goes on and on

You do not instantly start regening when you are standing still. As of now when you tap shift or run and stop you start instantly regaining health, but if you somehow start the regen without actually being in regen the game shows you gain and lose health in various ways until you start a real regen. So standing still this still happens.

• The times I expirenced it I was standing still for a long time, long enought for it to regen up to full, and when I started to move, it dropped down to 0 again, and then I could start the cycle over again.

Im well aware that it will not start to regen instantly or anything when stopping, but after like a minute or so (or what the normal regen time is from 0 to 100% is) it should at least have given me some health.

But what ever it is or what i perhaps do to trigger it, I haver never seen it before this patch and I have been killed by one hit (by 1H weapons) after “full” regen, so something is wrong, not just a visual bug all the time.

• This is fixed on the current beta, where the tap sprint to regen instantly thing is gone.