Action Replay: Weapon Cam

• So I know the idea of a kill cam was suggested once before, and was some what turned down. But hear me out this time. Rather then revealing exactly how someone managed to get to you and kill you, only reveal the very moments before death, or rather track the view from the blade as it hits you in slow mo. This way you are not viewing the persons foot work, you can only viewing how the weapon actually hit you, and where. So the first person would be from the weapons perspective, or maybe just above the arm. Like with how you can track the projectiles when you fire them.

This would provide a valuable learning tool to increase the skill level of players. It would also allow people to confirm if they are dying from lag, hacks, a bug in the game, or via a legit hit.

Anyone who has played with me can attest to my whining about being killed by some very dubious hits. Things like dying while standing beside an opponent and watching their blade hit the ground, and not me. Dying from a blade going through my shield or parry, or other odd means. This would certainly end my whining, and provide me with some confidence as a player, that I am getting killed in a legit manner. If it’s a technical issue like lag, then I can fix that. If it’s a bug, I can report it. If it’s a hack I can out them and also report it. If it’s a legit hit I just put up with it and move on.

Thoughts?

• Think of the overhead on the client to track every view from different angles for all the weapons hit you. 3 archers stabbing you - what view will it choose. Sounds complex.

• @gregcau:

Think of the overhead on the client to track every view from different angles for all the weapons hit you. 3 archers stabbing you - what view will it choose. Sounds complex.

The guy that kills you?

• @MetalDevil19:

@gregcau:

Think of the overhead on the client to track every view from different angles for all the weapons hit you. 3 archers stabbing you - what view will it choose. Sounds complex.

The guy that kills you?

^^^^^^^^

That guy said it. The view isn’t meant to be a choice, it would default straight to whoever killed you, and not allow you to see anyone else.

• Kill cam would be good while playing LTS.

• So I can see how I parried a stab normally but it phases through my viewmodel and kills me? Sounds fun.

• im ok with it. some sword montage would be cool afterwards.

reminds me a lil of halo tho

• At least give me a damage summary so that I know if an arrow hit me at the same time as that strike from the guy I was fighting, or if someone came up behind or what. The system could possibly tighten up the assists tracking too, since there’s still plenty of times where I get a good hit on someone and get no assist.