Post Patch WTF happened

• My settings got reset yet again, it’s ok i’ll spend 25 minutes making sure keybinds weren’t changed either. Every map is noticeably laggier than pre-patch, no not my internet lag either. FPS lag and its driving me crazy. I have my settings on low so I can get decently high FPS on maps, usually I can’t see that far into the distance but now on maps like citadel which were “fixed” I can see as far as the eye can and it’s dropped my FPS drastically. Whatever happened to just fixing the objectives and parrying? Why do you feel the need to shove your nose into other sht in hopes players will like it? I’m pretty sure no one asked for a graphics buff. Take a poll and fix the sht that people vote for like it ought to be. Sadly this game was better 5 months ago than it is now. Whiners will always get their way because they are the majority. 1h weapon speed nerf is awesome too, that was a great idea! Don’t fix the parrying/blocking first and then balance the weapons. Make sure you nerf them both at the same time so you can’t have a comparison. Might as well remove MAA from the game now too.

Sincerely, your loyal proud customer

• @Dontuhateme:

My settings got reset yet again

Mine didnt
    @Dontuhateme:

Every map is noticeably laggier than pre-patch

Huh, exactly the same

@Dontuhateme:

Whatever happened to just fixing the objectives and parrying?

Did you really upgrade - citadel and hillside got fixed. Parrying is much better

@Dontuhateme:

Whiners

um you?

@Dontuhateme:

1h weapon speed nerf

No nerf, unless you mean people can actually parry 1h now you facehugger you

@Dontuhateme:

balance the weapons

They already said that was in the next patch sigh

• Same here, I had to go through the config files to change the graphics and reset my fov, sensitivity and rebind my keys.

• That’s strange. This is the first time they updated in which I did not have to change my key binds again. I was SO happy. The only thing I had to change was the volume and video settings. Which is a lot less painful to deal with than key binds.

• I had my keybinds reset and my graphics up to high again. Easy fix though, I set them back how I wanted them. But still, every server I join, I lag like hell. I know that I get bad FPS on matches where there are like 30 people on screen at once in a big brawl. But now I joined a game of just 10 people maybe, and I got even worse FPS than on any server pre-patch :/ Doesn’t matter how many people on the server, what ping it has, what game mode it is or what map it’s on. It’s unplayable for me as soon as I see an enemy…

Also, the server broswer is kind of FUBAR now too :P When you search for a server, the server names jump all over the place and the browser creates like ten duplicates of the same server. So it’s kind of a hassle joining a game.

• This is seriously pathetic, TBS drops the ball again.
    That’s the quality of content we receive after an almost three-week beta ?
    Not even mentioning of how many bugs CU#1 brought into the game in the first place.

Server browser, works a little better now, if you exclude many duplicates of each server.

I also experience noticeable performance drop on any map, doesn’t matter how many opponents.
    Only few things were improved, parry feels better up-close now, Alt-attacks have the exact same speed as their normal counterparts, and obviously the map balance.

• @Vintskel:

This is seriously pathetic, TBS drops the ball again.
    That’s the quality of content we receive after an almost three-week beta ?
    Not even mentioning of how many bugs CU#1 brought into the game in the first place.

Server browser, works a little better now, if you exclude many duplicates of each server.

I also experience noticeable performance drop on any map, doesn’t matter how many opponents.
    Only few things were improved, parry feels better up-close now, Alt-attacks have the exact same speed as their normal counterparts, and obviously the map balance.

Psst. My signature.

• @Kimiko:

That’s strange. This is the first time they updated in which I did not have to change my key binds again. I was SO happy. The only thing I had to change was the volume and video settings. Which is a lot less painful to deal with than key binds.

Same here.

Still a few outstanding bugs but didn’t notice anything like maps lagging (only server lag spikes), and keybinds resetting or anything like that…

Remember guys that there are fuckloads of different configurations and stuff out there. What happens for you may not be happening for everyone.

Torn Banner are a brand new studio, and an indie one at that, so they don’t have access to lots of different test rigs etc.

• @lemonater47:

Psst. My signature.

I’ve done it already some time ago, but you sure are full of yourself.
    Did you say something constructive ? No.

This patch changed performance drastically for some people, even people in game are talking about it.

• Calm down, he was merely making a suggestion for if you’d not already tried it. Ya know, to HELP you, since you were complaining of performance issues, (that not everyone is having).

Also some people may be having issues, have you posted this, along with your tech specs and the areas that lag in the Technical Issues forum?

Again, Torn Banner are an Indie company and this is their FIRST game, they do not have labs full of test rigs like Valve and Blizzard do. Some people may end up with problems due to unforeseen impact on certain configurations. Was it fine for you in the Beta?

• @BobT36:

Again, Torn Banner are an Indie company and this is their FIRST game

lol and they are getting a new studio…

um but you know cant keep saying that forever

• As they get more experience, previous known issues should minimise yes.

However stuff like unintended impact and reduced performance can be impossible to predict when it only happens on certain configurations. Especially where no specs are provided. To truly test something like that you’d need fuckloads of test machines like Valve, EA, Blizzard etc have.

Torn Banner are likely only going to have their own machines, which are probably going to be decently specced to be able to run all their dev tools etc.

• @Vintskel:

@lemonater47:

Psst. My signature.

I’ve done it already some time ago, but you sure are full of yourself.
    Did you say something constructive ? No.

This patch changed performance drastically for some people, even people in game are talking about it.

Oh you did it before.

There’s your problem. The patch redid some of the files back to how they were. So laggier again.
    I just did it again.

• Hmm strangely ALL my configs have just reset.

I don’t remember there being another Chiv update since the last patch though? And I’ve played since then…

I think this is an Unreal thing, I’ve seen similar things happen with Last Remnant.

Fortunately I always keep a backup of my UDKGame.ini, so I can just paste over the controls. :D

• With the server browser I found that server list overwrites other servers with 1 or 2 and repeats, this only happens though when you try and sort the server list. If you don’t sort the list, it doesn’t repeat/overwrite servers.

Also on my crappy computer, having my settings reset isn’t a problem.

scale lowend

Fixed.

• @BobT36:

Calm down, he was merely making a suggestion for if you’d not already tried it. Ya know, to HELP you, since you were complaining of performance issues, (that not everyone is having).

I am not upset, I simply find it counter-productive, because in MY experience, the patch changed the performance drastically. And pointing fingers at one solution (Which didn’t change that much in the first place, but I really appreciate his finding nonetheless !) really doesn’t help in showing some light on the issue.

Also some people may be having issues, have you posted this, along with your tech specs and the areas that lag in the Technical Issues forum?

I lurk Tech. forums since the patch, I didn’t make a post though.

Again, Torn Banner are an Indie company and this is their FIRST game, they do not have labs full of test rigs like Valve and Blizzard do. Some people may end up with problems due to unforeseen impact on certain configurations. Was it fine for you in the Beta?

I played the CU#1 Patch 1 beta for quite a while (4 hours total I believe), and there was NO CHANGE(Performance wise) whatsoever in the Beta client, the patch messed something up.

Well, on the good side, at least the facehug is less deadly now.

• @elitenoob:

lol and they are getting a new studio…

um but you know cant keep saying that forever

Oh I don’t know…
    Its been taking me all this time to get my computer fixed(its a big deal)
    How much time would it take to relocate an entire studio? ( its a HUGE deal)

:jsmirk:

• If you’re experiencing frame rate issues make sure your ragdoll physics length hasn’t been increased. I have a pretty decent rig and this being too high can still slow me down if it gets too high. This would also be consistent with you having problems when you can see further.

Nothing was changed performance-wise for me, and I was also pretty happy that I didn’t have to re-work my settings and keybinds.

• @King:

Oh I don’t know…
    Its been taking me all this time to get my computer fixed(its a big deal)
    How much time would it take to relocate an entire studio? ( its a HUGE deal)

:jsmirk:

Well rebuilding a computer takes half a day, even less if you have an image so i’m sure they aren’t doing that. That would be too productive for Torn Banner, it doesn’t quite match their reputation. Relocating an entire studio on the other hand, possibly days? An entire studio for a company of this size, 20 computers or so? It could be done rather quickly if they gave the public notice and shut down the servers for a day or two. The point is, these excuses are nothing but bullshit to feed the playerbase so we don’t question what’s really going on behind the curtain. How can you fix blocking and a few objectives on a map and in turn change the graphical coding in which the game operates? Sorry, but when these devs test run these new patches they need to stop using top of the line rigs. Use a piece of shit dell with a low grade graphics card and see how it performs. Top of the line rigs are not the majority, therefore they shouldn’t be testing on them. I guarantee you that the machines you guys run for testing could blow mine out of the water and that’s not how it should be. If it performs well on junk then nothing less is expected of a higher end machine. How this patch even passed beta is a question i’ll be asking for the next few weeks until something is changed. Bring back the old version and put this work in progress back into beta stage until you figure out what went wrong. You’re a small company and you WILL stay a small company if you don’t stop making the same mistakes that every other company does.