Next official game map (please)

• We do need another TO map to keep things fresh. The TO mode is the most popular and here is my thought for a new map which can reuse most of the artwork assets. It will require a couple of programming elements.

**Map: Siege
    Background: Malric has stolen the Agatha kings daughter and has her holed up at one of his fortified castles. Agatha must rescue the princess.

Objective 1: Castle walls

Ok think Helms Deep with an outer wall which the defenders can stand on top of and defend. There is a moat. Defenders spawn in the courtyard on the other side of the wall with stairs to run up to the top of the castle wall or over to their left above the gate.

Attackers instant spawn to give the feeling of superior numbers and have a few choices.

Defenders can

Objective ends when

Objective 2: Inner keep

Now the attackers spawn on the castle walls and must break into the keep and find the princess.

Defenders spawn in the guardroom which is close to the walkways/keep entrance and they

Attackers

Objective ends when the princess door is broken down.

Objective 3: Save the princess

Forced respawn in 3 seconds. The attackers spawn in the princesses room. The lead attacker respawns as the princess and must escape the castle. The princess is only armed with a dagger or a short sword. The princess is immune to all damage because the defenders only want to recapture her not kill her. She moves slowly with a short weapon so is not a great threat.

The defenders spawn in the guardroom and must capture her by being the only person next to her without any attackers within 20 feet. So if the princess runs off she will be easily captured. Defenders must kill all the attackers - though a smart princess will move back towards her room if they are getting overwhelmed.

Objective ends when the princess makes it out the outer wall front gate.

• i like it :D With the SDK coming soon, this will be possible to make i guess

• I got an idea for a map, also TO
    first objective is to free slaves that work in some water mills that is next to a river and destroy those water mills
    second objective fixing a bridge by people pressing E on it (just like in darkforest with the gates)
    third pushing a treb across the the bridge
    fourth could be killing the peasants and destroying their houses just like in stonehill (they “owned” the slaves)
    fifth is to use the treb to destroy 3-4 house from a long distance cause a king is hiding in one of those houses or because they are just another peasants or whatever

comment thoughts and if there any problem in my “map design” let me know so it can be polished

• @Yoaw:

I got an idea for a map, also TO
    first objective is to free slaves that work in some water mills that is next to a river and destroy those water mills
    second objective fixing a bridge by people pressing E on it (just like in darkforest with the gates)
    fourth could be killing the peasants and destroying their houses just like in stonehill (they “owned” the slaves)
    fifth is to use the treb to destroy 3-4 house from a long distance cause a king is hiding in one of those houses or because they are just another peasants or whatever

comment thoughts and if there any problem in my “map design” let me know so it can be polished

that sounds like all existing TO’s mixed together… bit weird…

• @Woodzi:

@Yoaw:

I got an idea for a map, also TO

that sounds like all existing TO’s mixed together… bit weird…

but you can also say that to every objective that need to be pushed or both of the kings that need to be killed

• I fully 100% agree.

While TO is extremely fun you can´t really play it for too long. All the maps, meaning dark forest, stoneshill, citadel, battlegrounds and hillside, get rotated very quickly if one team is just slightly better than the other one.

Back in the day when I was just a squire I used to play A LOT of Call of Duty 4. Why was it so fun to play?

It had 20 maps !!!

And I´m already sick of rotating 5 maps over and over in Chivalry…

• I definitely look forward to the mod tools and all the fun maps people will come up with. AoC had tons of cool player-made maps ^^.

This one sounds fun too.

• @Kimiko:

I definitely look forward to the mod tools and all the fun maps people will come up with. AoC had tons of cool player-made maps ^^.

This one sounds fun too.

um I hope we are not waiting until then before we get new maps, that is 6 months away

• @elitenoob:

@Kimiko:

I definitely look forward to the mod tools and all the fun maps people will come up with. AoC had tons of cool player-made maps ^^.

This one sounds fun too.

um I hope we are not waiting until then before we get new maps, that is 6 months away

And how do you know that? :P

• @Kimiko:

@elitenoob:

its called being realistic. even if they released in 3 months (unlikely) it would take another 3 months for the community to successfully build a map.

• @elitenoob:

@Kimiko:

@elitenoob:

its called being realistic. even if they released in 3 months (unlikely) it would take another 3 months for the community to successfully build a map.

Well we just got a new map (Tavern), which was an unexpected bonus and a bunch of maps from the last content patch. I’d love to have another TO map though soon as I like the objectives the most. So we’ll see. I have no idea at this point.

• Mod tools will probably pop up sooner than you think.

• We need more archer unfriendly maps

• @elitenoob:

@Kimiko:

@elitenoob:

Bookmarking this to prove I was right haha

• Couldn’t they make ‘‘a second part’’ for some objective maps like battleground and hillside ? :)

• @Hunutteri:

Couldn’t they make ‘‘a second part’’ for some objective maps like battleground and hillside ? :)

Battleground definitely needs at least a third objective.

I must agree that the lack of TO maps is making the re-playability of this game somewhat limited.

Whilst the idea of Tavern is fun, I don’t see why it couldn’t also be a new normal map in it’s own right or why two or three of the other new maps (Argon’s Wall, Tavern, the new Duel maps) couldn’t be strung together to create some new TO maps.

• I remember one of the dev’s talking about pushing for an extra stage on Battlegrounds once Agatha blast the gates off its hinges.

• A new map is indeed nice, but I say. Convert ‘Argon’s Wall’ to a Team Objective? I’m sure it can be done, and would be significantly faster indeed i say.

• +1 to the argons wall TO. I’ve always liked that map and think it could be a fun battleground for some TO.

• Never modded or made anything for any game before, but I am very eager to get my hands on any mod tools that become available for Chivalry :)

So what normally comes in this SDK? Is this the only thing we would be allowed to use and how similar is it to UDK? I am quite familiar with UDK and would prefer using that since it is what the developerss used. ^_^

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.