Please bring back november build

• “You can´t buy a brand new game and expect it to stay the same forever.” - funthomass

• I wasn’t aware that Far cry 3 was a competitive game where a “small bug” can mean the difference between winning or losing.

No, it’s a story-based game where having to reload a save because you have an everfalling waterfall above can make you lose an hour of progress, if the waterfall was far ahead enough of a checkpoint. Or a game where your progress is wiped out because the game updated. Or where parts of the story were near impossible because you couldn’t walk up a slightly elevated ledge.

What do you actually lose by not winning in this game? Your progress towards unlocks is still there, your rank is the same, nothing negative actually happens if you lose. The bugs in FC3 actually set you back in the story, lose you skill points, etc. They actually make you lose things. That is a major bug. Something that makes you lose a match every once in a while isn’t major, unless you’re ultra-competitive-to-the-max, in which case you will likely never be pleased as long as you can lose. If unlocks didn’t work, or were permanently reset against your will, THAT would be a major bug. If specific maps caused servers or the game to crash, THAT would be a major bug. Being stuck in a T-pose and not being able to do anything, or flopping around on the ground like a fish out of water, is a major bug, sure. But you didn’t mention any of those.

Dying because a swing went through your parry, or because of a ghost swing, isn’t a major problem. It’s a problem, yes, but it’s not gigantic bug and being melodramatic about it is foolish.

• @Wobbler:

Dying because a swing went through your parry, or because of a ghost swing, isn’t a major problem. It’s a problem, yes, but it’s not gigantic bug and being melodramatic about it is foolish.

Ghost swings dont even hit, just a bunch of butt-hurt kiddies whining cause they cant face hug with a dane axe ftw anymore

• I care not for public games, but such bugs influence clan wars and tournaments tremendously much. Comparing the progress of a single player game with the possibility of losing a tournament because of some silly bug is just whack.

• Comparing the progress of a single player game with the possibility of losing a tournament because of some silly bug is just whack.

Again, do you actually lose anything for not winning the tournament? No. There are no real negative consequence to not winning in this game. The bugs may prevent you from winning (once in a while), but the bugs in FC3 actually made you LOSE things. How is losing a tournament (and likely having fun in the process) worse than hunting down a rare leopard and then having to reload later because you decided to walk under a waterfall and redo everything you’ve done in the last hour?

Saying losing a tournament with literally no negative repercussions is worse than losing progress in a game is irrational, to me. One actually forces you to lose time and effort, the other doesn’t.

It seems you’re set in your ways though, so have fun not having fun, I guess. :|

• But you train intensively for a tournament shedding blood and sweat while in some random ass easy as SHIT single player game you can stroll through it.
    And you think that me spending 300 hours on chiv just to be completely demolished by these bugs is equal to losing NOTHING.

• @Wobbler:

Comparing the progress of a single player game with the possibility of losing a tournament because of some silly bug is just whack.

Again, do you actually lose anything for not winning the tournament? No. There are no real negative consequence to not winning in this game. The bugs may prevent you from winning (once in a while), but the bugs in FC3 actually made you LOSE things. How is losing a tournament (and likely having fun in the process) worse than hunting down a rare leopard and then having to reload later because you decided to walk under a waterfall and redo everything you’ve done in the last hour?

Saying losing a tournament with literally no negative repercussions is worse than losing progress in a game is irrational, to me. One actually forces you to lose time and effort, the other doesn’t.

It seems you’re set in your ways though, so have fun not having fun, I guess. :|

As for your comparison to FC3, something like walking up stairs being bugged might be frustrating, but you can’t compare it to some of the bugs in Chivalry. In FC3, (I assume) walking up stairs is a very tiny part of the game. But in Chivalry, where melee combat is basically 90% of the game, a bug in melee combat means 90% of the game is bugged.

And for the ‘still able to have fun’, there is nothing fun about losing over and over due to a bug. If I’m trying to play seriously, and my opponent’s strikes go through my parries over and over despite low pings and aiming directly at their swing, I am not having fun.

• @Kimiko:

Please stop starting these posts. The November build or any past build is NOT coming back.

The game is not broken, or thousands of people wouldn’t be playing it.

The game is continuing to grow and get patched up.

The team is currently getting a studio setup and once it’s done, more and quicker patches will be released. In the meantime, you will have to be patient.

Anything you get after you buy the game is free content. No one is “entitled” to anything.

Enjoy.

What I see here is - I can play <game>with no issues, I like it, I’m enjoying my time spent with it, therefore nothing is wrong with it. While obviously well meaning, this kind of attitude is ultimately destructive in nature. A more mean spirited reply would employ the word ‘drone’ somewhere, but this definitely, definitely isn’t the case here.

As for bringing back builds, unrealstic as it may be, if that would mean this game would… function, for me, that’d be swell.</game>

• @tornheinous:

What I see here is - I can play <game>with no issues, I like it, I’m enjoying my time spent with it, therefore nothing is wrong with it. While obviously well meaning, this kind of attitude is ultimately destructive in nature. A more mean spirited reply would employ the word ‘drone’ somewhere, but this definitely, definitely isn’t the case here.

As for bringing back builds, unrealstic as it may be, if that would mean this game would… function, for me, that’d be swell.</game>

I think these noobs forget all the issues in previous builds, they are just raging cause they got butt hurt in a game.

Reality is the current build is pretty good and better than all the previous.

• As for your comparison to FC3, something like walking up stairs being bugged might be frustrating, but you can’t compare it to some of the bugs in Chivalry. In FC3, (I assume) walking up stairs is a very tiny part of the game. But in Chivalry, where melee combat is basically 90% of the game, a bug in melee combat means 90% of the game is bugged.

I wish walking up stairs wasn’t an essential component to the game, but sadly it is. You have to climb radio towers to reactivate them, and the bug made something that could be fifteen minutes into half hour or longer. Because it’s not just stairs. It is ANYTHING that is slightly elevated off the ground. A metal bar that you are supposed to balance on to get across a deadly gap to activate the tower, you have to try to jump onto, even though it’s literally barely off the ground. Sometimes two bars would cross, which you would then have to jump onto again. It’s annoying, but not gamebreaking.

I do, indeed, consider that a minor bug though. I consider the losing saves to be more major, and the waterfall. They actively make you lose something that took time and effort. While the bugs in Chivalry can make you lose the game, that’s as far as they go. Except for the Vet helms but those don’t affect gameplay. :P

As I’ve repeated, the game isn’t perfect. But being melodramatic about it by claiming the game is broken (nope), that Torn Banner doesn’t do anything (nope), that the game hasn’t improved (nope) etc. is just going to make the majority of people disregard you just as they do the people who sit and bitch about how capitalism is completely broken using vitriolic rhetoric.

But you train intensively for a tournament shedding blood and sweat while in some random ass easy as SHIT single player game you can stroll through it.

If FC3 is easy, you should turn up the difficulty. I, personally, think you take the game too seriously, so nothing I say will relate to what you hope to experience from the game. All of the bugs you mentioned that I have experienced are annoying, but to me they are part of putting up with gaming and have in no way prevented me from enjoying this game and occasionally winning. Considering the size of TB, I’m satisfied with the progress they’ve made.

• @Wobbler:
    Point I’m trying to make is that FC3’s basic gameplay is still fine, whereas in Chivalry the entire game is melee combat (well, and archers. But who really cares about archers? :P ). And since I (and according to these forums, many other people) have been experiencing bugs that break melee combat, that means (at the risk of sounding melodramatic) the entire game is broken. except for archers

• @tornheinous:

I never said there was nothing wrong with it. I said the game is not “broken”. Broken means unusable or not able to function at all, which is not the case here. But as we all don’t have the same computers and connections, this isn’t going to be the case for everyone. So if it does come to a point where the game doesn’t function as it is for most of us, then there is obviously something else wrong here. Yes, the game has its issues, but to the point of being broken? No.

• I am completely for this, the game has had GAME BREAKING issues past update 1, game was so much more fun prior to december… D:

Sad b/c a lot of these issues would be hot fixed within like a day in a normal game >.>

• @Wobbler:

As for your comparison to FC3, something like walking up stairs being bugged might be frustrating, but you can’t compare it to some of the bugs in Chivalry. In FC3, (I assume) walking up stairs is a very tiny part of the game. But in Chivalry, where melee combat is basically 90% of the game, a bug in melee combat means 90% of the game is bugged.

I wish walking up stairs wasn’t an essential component to the game, but sadly it is. You have to climb radio towers to reactivate them, and the bug made something that could be fifteen minutes into half hour or longer. Because it’s not just stairs. It is ANYTHING that is slightly elevated off the ground. A metal bar that you are supposed to balance on to get across a deadly gap to activate the tower, you have to try to jump onto, even though it’s literally barely off the ground. Sometimes two bars would cross, which you would then have to jump onto again. It’s annoying, but not gamebreaking.

I do, indeed, consider that a minor bug though. I consider the losing saves to be more major, and the waterfall. They actively make you lose something that took time and effort. While the bugs in Chivalry can make you lose the game, that’s as far as they go. Except for the Vet helms but those don’t affect gameplay. :P

As I’ve repeated, the game isn’t perfect. But being melodramatic about it by claiming the game is broken (nope), that Torn Banner doesn’t do anything (nope), that the game hasn’t improved (nope) etc. is just going to make the majority of people disregard you just as they do the people who sit and bitch about how capitalism is completely broken using vitriolic rhetoric.

@1a9rromz:

But you train intensively for a tournament shedding blood and sweat while in some random ass easy as SHIT single player game you can stroll through it.

If FC3 is easy, you should turn up the difficulty. I, personally, think you take the game too seriously, so nothing I say will relate to what you hope to experience from the game. All of the bugs you mentioned that I have experienced are annoying, but to me they are part of putting up with gaming and have in no way prevented me from enjoying this game and occasionally winning. Considering the size of TB, I’m satisfied with the progress they’ve made.

Mate I finished that game on the highest difficulty and I was majorly dissapointed. The only good thing about that game was Vaas.

• @Kimiko:

I never said there was nothing wrong with it. I said the game is not “broken”. Broken means unusable or not able to function at all, which is not the case here. But as we all don’t have the same computers and connections, this isn’t going to be the case for everyone. So if it does come to a point where the game doesn’t function as it is for most of us, then there is obviously something else wrong here. Yes, the game has its issues, but to the point of being broken? No.

Great, it has problems, and as such people air their grievances, devs might be able to glean something from their post (even if it might be a rageful tirade at best). It draws attention to something, gives it more validity. Naturally, some people aren’t blessed with the ability to form constructive criticism, or they’re too passionate about their particular issue to care, but that’s okay - it’s helpful anyway. So stop trying to curb discussions, and intervene only when someone’s being a shit just for the hell of it.

As for ‘broken’ - this is the internet, and hyperbole is really fun. Personally, I feel justified calling it broken, because that’s just what it is for me, unplayable. Not I die a lot unplayable, plain unplayable.

• Is back parry really that terrible? I imagine it as intentional, but without the cool animation of expertly parrying over your back shoulder. I’m not bragging, but I do it intentionally by listening to sounds of approaching footsteps and movement noise.

• @hyperchops:

Is back parry really that terrible? I imagine it as intentional, but without the cool animation of expertly parrying over your back shoulder. I’m not bragging, but I do it intentionally by listening to sounds of approaching footsteps and movement noise.

Yes it’s terrible because it’s not an intentional mechanic of the game. In 5v5 LTS or TO people change targets all the time looking for free hits on enemies like hitting them in the back. And yet because of luck and bad mechanics he gets away and all you did was waste time.

• @loriziell:

And you think that me spending 300 hours on chiv just to be completely demolished by these bugs is equal to losing NOTHING.

You bleed playing video games? If you’re sweating also, you might check your home’s thermostat… Seriously… You’re taking this stuff WAY too seriously. It’s a game, not a job.

I’ve spent 400+ hours in Chivalry and don’t have that much trouble with bugs. I don’t think that your being “demolished” by these bugs is 100% “these bugs” fault. I think someone just isn’t as good as they think they are ;)

puts on flame retardant clothing 8-)

• @Slaughtervomit:

@loriziell:

you will need them 8-)

I still like to compare the forum as is now to this nice little video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hoM5HQMJ0

• @Slaughtervomit:

@loriziell:

You bleed playing video games? If you’re sweating also, you might check your home’s thermostat… Seriously… You’re taking this stuff WAY too seriously. It’s a game, not a job.

I’ve spent 400+ hours in Chivalry and don’t have that much trouble with bugs. I don’t think that your being “demolished” by these bugs is 100% “these bugs” fault. I think someone just isn’t as good as they think they are ;)

Good job taking an expression literally.