Siege Gametype

• I feel like Chivalry is missing a key game type that would make it much more fun. Siege! The best example I can give is a video of Mount & Blade: Warband.

What does everyone think about Siege being added?! Post your support if you think so!

• If someone could help me with the link that would be great! :(

Thank you, Gregcau.

• De_3fDkmD-k

• First of all, absolutely terrific game for a great price. But yes I agree adding some ladders/siege tools to the game and maps to utilize them would make it that much better. I can imagine now pushing someone’s ladder off the castle’s walls… with them on it. Watching them come down hard in a gore effect would be awesome lol. 8-)

• Steve mentioned in a Q&A video how the team objective game mode renders the need for a siege game mode unnecessary. The reason for this being that they can make the objectives in ‘TO’ to siege the various parts of a castle, small example of this being the map Stoneshill Village. I do agree that there’s a need for more such maps, though.

• Team Objective renders the need for Siege unnecessary? Hardly. There is a distinction between doing objectives, and capturing/defending a castle. I agree that we need more maps with castles like they have in Mount & Blade.

• I want siege towers. I mean, they even have banner art on the official website that depicts soldiers using a siege tower.

• Really…!? Only nine people want to see ladders/siege towers added in game? Blasphemy I say. This is a great idea and I demand people support it lol.

• @Dufflebags:

Really…!? Only nine people want to see ladders/siege towers added in game? Blasphemy I say. This is a great idea and I demand people support it lol.

Ten*

Count me in.

• Yeah this definitely needs to be added. I know what Steve said and in some ways I agree but their last attempt at a Siege style map - Citadel - is a bit of a shambles, even post patch.

Why can’t they make another map like Stoneshill but make the siege engines a more important part? For example look at the destructible fortifications in Darkforrest; surely more could be made of this? A siege map which had a line of wooden walls and towers like in Darkforrest and some ballistas and catapults to knock them down would be great fun. Then behind the wooden walls is the stone keep which must be taken by battering ram.

• Absolutely! Warband style Siege maps have to be in…

cough Persistent Siege, anyone? cough

• I know that some maps have semi-siege moment. Moving the battering ram to the gate for example. But I feel the experience will be much better if there is a more fleshed out version of a siege.

• Bump to first page! Keep up the supportive posts, and interesting ideas!

• Agreed when i played for the first time, I was disappointed with TO, I thought it would be like a siege but in reality its nothing like one. A siege mode is a must and would attract so many new people.

• I pretty sure that Torn Banner is going to add seige mode. :D