Are there any archer free european servers?

• :D
    Good game!
    Looking for somewhere to play - does anyone know of a euro server with no archers?

• There are some that limit the count, such as to 3 per team.

In my opinion, there should be a public poll to establish some sanity bounds for archer count.

A lot of public TO servers end up with 6-10 archers on a team/both teams on a lot of maps, and then the game becomes 100% pointless, as you’re no longer playing a skill based melee match with some support, but basically running a randomness get-hit-or-not gauntlet.
    With a limit at 3-4 tops there is at least some hope.

Even with only 3 slots, if 3 noobs take the slots on one side, and the others have 3 veterans, you can mostly forget about moving on to the next obj on some maps.

• Like SomeDude already pointed out, some limit the number of archers possible per team.
    I also enjoy servers with limited amount of archers or none at all, but those are very rare.

I can provide you some servers with limited numbers of archers if my server browser would work correctly. I have some in my favorites and in my history but they don’t want to show up so I can only give you this one:

team.bier Eckkneipe TO : 85.131.226.122:7777

Archer count limited to 3 per team and the most enjoyable server I’ve played on since starting with Chivalry. I think the server is located in Germany, hope you have a good ping then.
    More to come when the server browser is working again :)

• @Kampfgulasch:

the most enjoyable server I’ve played on since starting with Chivalry.

This is why I didn’t name it directly.

I am VERY worried that all other server operators will remain nonrestricting buttheads, and this one will be permanently full and unjoinable.

This is why we should have some official servers be limited, too.

Thanks folks - I’ll give it a look.
    I’ll post if I come across anymore……

• This is why we should have some official servers be limited, too.

True that, would be very welcome. I dislike all official servers because there are always like 4-7 archers or even more :x
    But many of them are always full, meaning that there are also a lot of people out there not wanting the amount of archers per team limited.
    So I guess that those specific servers might not only be full because they limited the amount of archers. Players might have an outstanding ping there or love the modes played there.
    Anyways, I hope that there will be some more servers out there for those who don’t want to get shot every time they attack an enemy :)
    That’d be great 8-)

• @Kampfgulasch:

But many of them are always full, meaning that there are also a lot of people out there not wanting the amount of archers per team limited.

Don’t mistake correlation (there is no limit and they are always full) for causation (they are full BECAUSE there is no limit).

The most simple explanation that they are full is that servers fill up until all slots are taken, as people seek out the most filled servers to begin with, and thus a consecutive filling-up logic begins.
    Even if you were to offer 10 servers with limits and 10 servers with no limit and all other variables identical, it STILL would not be able to sufficiently prove that it was the limit that made people join one side over the other, as there may be a bias that is stronger than the limit to simply help populate the server with already people on it. If those first few people randomly or nonrandomly choose the unlimited server, then the remaining choices may be done even OPPOSITE to their conviction, i.e. they may join the unlimited server because it has people, even though they really would like the limit to exist.

Come, people, let us all ask for more than 1 archer limited server.

• please hurry up and post more archer free servers. a bit fed up having great melee combat then getting killed by an arrow from miles away. it’s getting ridiculous. this is the best melee game out there by a mile, but it’s turning into COD as more and more people play archers. it would be nice to have somewhere for the dedicated melee players only.

• Buff archers.
    Archers are skilled.
    Waiting for your bow for someone to walk into your crosshair is the most demanding skill of Chivalry, because you need an awesome aim only comparable to call of duty or battlefield - the most aim demanding FPS ever.
    Archers are part of the game.
    Archers are too skilled for you, you are not able to deal with them.
    Muh freedoms, don’t limit archers number, why do you want to play knight in a game named Chivalry ? I have seen two awful movies with Kevin Costner or Russel Crowe and I got to say that I am an expert in medieval warfare and archers should be stronger.
    Javelin archer need more one-shooting pilums.
    Sling archers should be buffed, they can not even rape knights in plate armor with little rocks.

And a last one:
    Buff the cudgel.

• Don’t mistake correlation (there is no limit and they are always full) for causation (they are full BECAUSE there is no limit).

No matter why they are full or not, we definitely agree that a few more limited servers wouldn’t harm, don’t we? :D

• Don’t people like delta get their posting priviledges revoked for the utmost obvious trolling?

@Kampfgulasch
    Definitely. More than 1 server that makes use of this option is needed.

• There are so many official servers. I think it would not matter if one of each type i.e TO, TD and so on, had a restriction. Therefore those disliking archers could enjoy every mode and would not have to go through hundreds of servers to finally find one that suits them :)

• ffs cap archers. There shouldn’t be more than 1 archer among 20 melee and that’s being generous

• I have just finished configuring my own dedicated server, and it would be great if any of you guys would give it a test - see if you can connect and how the ping is. The server is meant to be a high level player server with archer limit of 2 per team (can change depending on feedback) and a rank limit of 20 to join the server. Rank limits currently don’t work however, so everyone can join right now.

Server name: The Rebellion - High level TO server
    IP: 178.155.202.123:8267

Thanks for the info man - I’ll give it a look.