Votekick Abuse

• Hey guys,

Something has to be done about VoteKick. I guess it’s totally based on opinion on what’s a good reason to VoteKick people but… right now it’s just annoying.

All I do is play archer. Literally. I can land the most ridiculous shots 8-) . Like shooting you 5x in the foot while you zigzag towards me with a shield up. But because of this… people VoteKick me because I am apparently annoying them. I’m just using and playing what the game offers…

Just now someone copied my name, and started spamming donkey noises through the mic. VoteKick was initiated and it was a 50/50 it would be the guy spamming or me. It was me.

So please, my suggestion is to rework the current VoteKick system somehow. This is not the first time I’ve been VoteKicked because of me using my awesome archer skills :(

• I have thought about this a lot.

And I have no answers.

Each solution is flawed.

Jerks will be jerks, not much we can do about it.

• I’ve seen worse scenerio’s. People who purposely lure others into being vote kicked for tking.

They do one round, hit a few enemies, maybe kill a few, then when they get back they purposely attack someone who has just joined the game. The person fights back, they stand there, maybe defend a wee bit, but mostly just take damage. They then instantly votekick the person after they die. So the votekick shows 100% team damage. The person almost always gets kicked.

Its pretty much the lamest thing I’ve seen on Chiv. The only way I can see this possibly being fixed is by giving a list of the last three people the person hit, or was hit by. That might help.

As for your situation. I have two part suggestion to help with the issue.

1. All votekicks can only be called by normal players if a person has more then 30% team damage or has been idle for over 3 minutes.

2. Votekicks should require a selection from a small drop down menu of reasons why someone is being kicked. So for example “Team damage” or “Idle” or “Hacking” possibly even things like “abuse” or “known griefer”.

• The best solution is often the simplest: Find high-ranking friends that will vouch / vote for you and tell others you aren’t hacking or whatever.
    Or just become a clanner if you are that good and get away from pub play.

• Why not only allow players to call votes on their own team mates (at least in team modes anyway).

Better: require yes votes to use the mouse on the score board to vote yes, making yes votes take more effort to (hopefully) stop people blindly pressing yes.

• @SomeDudeOnAForum:

The best solution is often the simplest: Find high-ranking friends that will vouch / vote for you and tell others you aren’t hacking or whatever.
    Or just become a clanner if you are that good and get away from pub play.

This.

• @RavenDice:

They do one round, hit a few enemies, maybe kill a few, then when they get back they purposely attack someone who has just joined the game. The person fights back, they stand there, maybe defend a wee bit, but mostly just take damage. They then instantly votekick the person after they die. So the votekick shows 100% team damage. The person almost always gets kicked.

Its pretty much the lamest thing I’ve seen on Chiv. The only way I can see this possibly being fixed is by giving a list of the last three people the person hit, or was hit by. That might help.

Agreed, I have prevented many a kick by pointing out that the prospected kickee had only 1 kill. Imho the solution is simple - add more information. Right now we have idle time and team damage but it would also be useful to see either the absolute team damage (not only ratio but the value) or at least total damage dealt or number of kills. And maybe rank… I am able to tolerate more teamkills to rank 2-5 than rank 15+.
    Right now it’s just lacking perspective.

• Hi guys,
    I too, have fallen victim to this votekick abuse, but my situation has gotten quite serious…
    I managed to expose one such votekick abuser, and has gotten him kicked out of a game. Now everytime I go online to play he joins the server I’m on and initiates a votekick and tells everybody that I’m either a known troll or known TKer.

He has been doing this everyday for the past SEVEN days. He rarely succeeds because I always have a low team damage %.

I just discovered today that this lowlife has resorted to using my Steam nickname and playing on my usual servers to deliberately get himself votekicked by TKing, etc… so now when I play online he has leverage, but sometimes the players recognize the name and think I’m him and I get treated accordingly.

Any suggestions on how I can make this stop? Reporting to Steam won’t do anything, blocking/appearing offline/changing my nickname is only temporary…
    Right now the only thing I can think of is reporting this person to an official TB server admin in hopes of getting him permanently banned from the official servers… I mean, I’ve witnessed this guy get other innocent players kicked…

thx,

• @hb84:

Hi guys,
    I too, have fallen victim to this votekick abuse, but my situation has gotten quite serious…
    I managed to expose one such votekick abuser, and has gotten him kicked out of a game. Now everytime I go online to play he joins the server I’m on and initiates a votekick and tells everybody that I’m either a known troll or known TKer.

He has been doing this everyday for the past SEVEN days. He rarely succeeds because I always have a low team damage %.

I just discovered today that this lowlife has resorted to using my Steam nickname and playing on my usual servers to deliberately get himself votekicked by TKing, etc… so now when I play online he has leverage, but sometimes the players recognize the name and think I’m him and I get treated accordingly.

Any suggestions on how I can make this stop? Reporting to Steam won’t do anything, blocking/appearing offline/changing my nickname is only temporary…
    Right now the only thing I can think of is reporting this person to an official TB server admin in hopes of getting him permanently banned from the official servers… I mean, I’ve witnessed this guy get other innocent players kicked…

thx,

best advice is change your nickname