Is it possible to use the longsword one handed w/o a shield?

• I have seen a guy doing it, but I can’t figure out how it’s done. He may have had a shield strapped to his back, I can’t remember for sure. If I don’t use a shield and hit the 1 key, instead of switching to one handed mode it just beeps at me, and if I do have a shield I can’t figure out how to put it on my back when using the primary one handed. The same would apply to the messer and sword of war. Anybody know?

• It’s a pretty long process. I don’t know if you can do it without a shield equipped in your setup. If you have a shield however, Go to your longsword, press 1 to bring shield and longsword out, then press 2 to bring your secondary plus shield out, then press 3 to put your shield away and just have your secondary out, then press 1 to go back to your longsword, which should now be equipped in one hand with no shield. MAKE THIS EASIER PLEASE TORN BANNER!

• It is possible. I don’t remember off hand, but it’s doable by switching weapons.

I want to say it was something like 2 3 1 1 (those are the numbers on your keyboard for switching weapons). Someone will have to correct me on that since I haven’t done it in awhile and can’t test at the moment.

• @ReMixx:

I want to say it was something like 2 3 1 1 (those are the numbers on your keyboard for switching weapons).

That’s it indeed.

• When I’ve got a shield on my back and a two-hander in my hands I just press 1 for both get my shield and put it away.

• Ok, thanks, I’ll give it a try. It would be nice if you would make it possible to use the primary swords one handed w/o a shield, because I’d rather have throwing axes available than a shield covering my back.