Chivalry comparisons

• So I know this isn’t directly related to the beta, but you guys are the ones playing it so I figured this would be the best place to post it.

So the few friends I’ve tried to tell how great this game is are very skeptical; one of them actually just said to me, “If I wanted to play a game like that, I’ll just play Mount and Blade”. Now, I never played mount and blade… It never appealed to me the way Chivalry did in it’s videos… but someone who has, how alike is M&B and Chivalry? I want to convince these people that Chivalry does things differently and in a new way that no other game has, but is that the case?

• I wouldn’t even compare the two. It’s like comparing Street Fighter and Super Smash Brothers. Sure, they’re both technically fighting games, but…

• @destlocke:

So I know this isn’t directly related to the beta, but you guys are the ones playing it so I figured this would be the best place to post it.

So the few friends I’ve tried to tell how great this game is are very skeptical; one of them actually just said to me, “If I wanted to play a game like that, I’ll just play Mount and Blade”. Now, I never played mount and blade… It never appealed to me the way Chivalry did in it’s videos… but someone who has, how alike is M&B and Chivalry? I want to convince these people that Chivalry does things differently and in a new way that no other game has, but is that the case?

Mount and Blade is a whole different game than Chivarly. The best way I can describe is Chivalry actually makes you feel like you have control. Mount and Blade tends to not represent your intended movements as well.

Just my opinion.

• Developer

Tell them its a first-person shooter but instead of guns and grenades you have a sword and battle axes. Also you can chop peoples heads off, burn people alive and smash people with catapults. It’s like your playing a medieval movie.

• Thanks a lot Tibb, and others, these guys are sticklers, but I’ll see what I can do… All during the kickstarter I tried to get them to kickstart for early access. Just today I posted a couple of real quick vids of last team standing, and although they won’t say it, I think they are secretly regretting not doing it now! :P