The infamous server browser…

• …is now broken for me (and maybe “still broken” for many others).

The issues I´m having:

1. I start the game, press join the game, browser pops up but nothing is happening, it´s not searching for any servers no matter what I press and how many times I press it.

2. When looking for servers the names jitter and I can´t click on a desired server.

3. A server in my “favourites” multiplied like 6 times but fortunately I could connect to it.

• Might I suggest trying the alternate browser while the in-game one goes back to the operating room?

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=10664

• @funthomass:

1. When looking for servers the names jitter and I can´t click on a desired server.

Yeah, it looks like it’s having a stroke…

• Another issue I would just like to report is when you save a load out and press the little close button it changes the view to find only 3rd person view and will not save any other on that category I have to open it each time to search and change the view.

• boy, i havent missed much not playing Chivalry huh…

I come back and the server browser is actually “worse” than it was when i stopped playing 3 months ago, now favs are all messed up, i add our servers to it and they never show up…lol

i read to “try using the alternate server browser” this is laughable, the game should have one that works period. We are better off setting up servers for AOC, that browser works as it should and players can actually see and find servers there.

SlyGoat wrote:
    [The next patch] will fix everything. The game will be perfect.

one can only hope it does, and it’s released very soon, every day that goes by only hurts this game.

by the time bf4 comes out “this fall” ill be playing that, as i can only guess this still will not be fixed.

• Ok, so i have confirmed my own suspicions. THe jittering occurs only among servers that are on the same “rank” depending on the method of their arrangement. I tend to arrange them according to the lowest ping and only servers with the same ping jitter among themselves, i.e. if there are, say, 7 servers with 41 ping, they change places wildly but only with other servers with the same ping not with another 5 servers with ping 42 whose behaviour is the same but also restricted to their group.

So IMHO there is a secondary criterion missing that would arrange the servers if they have the same “rank” (i.e. ping in my case), for example “1) arrange servers according to ping, 2) arrange servers with the same ping alphabeticaly”.

• Server browser issues are a major factor in our desire to do a quick followup patch some time this week. Stay tuned, we should have something for you soon.

• But is it seriously that hard to make a decent server browser? I’ve never seen a game with such a bad browser.

Another bug, the filters are always set up to Third person servers, I’ve tried to save without it, it doesn’t matter, every time I open it Third Person in the filter, wtf? And I love the game, but seriously… that browser is the worst thing in the game (almost).

• Obviously it is or else they wouldn’t have such an issue with it. You think they are happy with how this server browser is? Give me a break.

• @Duke:

Another issue I would just like to report is when you save a load out and press the little close button it changes the view to find only 3rd person view and will not save any other on that category I have to open it each time to search and change the view.

Oops, I just made a thread for this.

Confirmed to happen to me, too.

• Another issue I have with the server browser that I just found today is that very often some servers are displayed several times in a row. That means for example the server “Relentless Donut Spawns - Free Drinks For All” appears fifteen times in a row among themselves and so do other servers. It’s… strange magic!

• @Fazzoletti:

Another issue I have with the server browser that I just found today is that very often some servers are displayed several times in a row. That means for example the server “Relentless Donut Spawns - Free Drinks For All” appears fifteen times in a row among themselves and so do other servers. It’s… strange magic!

Already fixed in the upcoming patch. :)

• @ReMixx:

I owe you.

• @Fazzoletti:

@ReMixx:

I owe you.

You owe me nothing. I’m not a dev. Sing your praises of CrustaceanSoup!

• @ReMixx:

I will believe it when I see it (I said that last time as well).

Problem with Beta is you can`t test how it reacts against all server browsers.

I don`t think I will give up the alternate server browser any time soon. It stores your prefs and the favorites tab loads within a few seconds.

Hard to beat that with the unreal script…

• @gregcau:

I don`t think I will give up the alternate server browser any time soon. It stores your prefs and the favorites tab loads within a few seconds.

The next version of it has so many bug fixes and new features… I got carried away. I don’t want to release it until I address the way that I’ve been stopping the refreshing threads from the beginning. It was kinda hackish and now it’s coming back to bite me in the ass with some of the new features. :(

• @Kimiko:

Obviously it is or else they wouldn’t have such an issue with it. You think they are happy with how this server browser is? Give me a break.

i gotta disagree, a game shouldnt be released thats multiplayer with a junk server browser period, ya its great to say its gonna be fixed but when your a year into its release and its still FUBAR something needs to be said.

lol, hey the absolute best is when ya click to join a server and the browser takes it upon itself to send you to a totally different one.