Baked Lighting Option.

• Any chance that we can have the level’s lighting baked as a menu option instead of only dynamic lighting?
    It will help the ones that don’t have top Graphics cards to enjoy the trully awesome level graphics and it will also help the ones that do have one of the latest cards to increase their performance by 10-20 fps.

So any chane to get this for release or even after that? :)

• I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that they will probably be adding a lot more graphics choices for full release. I believe I heard somewhere that they have a lot of higher end options to test the game’s performance, but that may have been alpha testing so don’t quote me on this. :P

• If the graphics for this game can get any better than they already are maxed out… I’ll lose my head… literally. People will see me standing there in awe and take advantage and decapitate me.

• Developer

Its true, I dun it to him.

Also please realize that we are currently running preview quality lighting builds in the maps to save time compiling. Upon release, all maps will be made in production quality lighting, which will help with some of the things you mention. We won’t do that during the beta however because that is just too much computer down time and we have things to fix and work on!

• @Tibberius:

Its true, I dun it to him…

Yeah i saw his vid where he explained how you decapitated him while he was sightseeing.
    Anyway a free kill is always a free kill. :)

@Tibberius:

…Also please realize that we are currently running preview quality lighting builds in the maps to save time compiling. Upon release, all maps will be made in production quality lighting, which will help with some of the things you mention. We won’t do that during the beta however because that is just too much computer down time and we have things to fix and work on!

Ok thanks. If i understood correctly then this will be a major plus for the game imo since i guess that means we will get the baked lighting for the static objects for release.
    That means that most people are gonna get rid of a lot of unneeded drawcalls that will increase their fps while retainning the awesome quality.

• Ah nice very good to hear. I was hating turning off dynamic lights in particular because of how much more dark and dreary the maps became afterwards.