What Year(s) Does Chivalry Take Place?

• I’m a little curious as to exactly what year Chivalry takes place. This didn’t really cross my mind for a long while until this weekend while playing.

[image:xt21wf1o]http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/578985129873904016/6138317ECC0915680509955C82E26FC839E94BB8/[/image:xt21wf1o]

^ It all boils down to seeing this during the training mission.

This specific design is based off of the French Guillotine which didn’t exist until 1792.

• It is set in a fictional medieval world

• @Vlaandhael:

It is set in a fictional medieval world

Yes, I know that it’s set in a fictional world, but the weapons, armour, equipment, castles, etc. are all based off of reality and one would assume a realistic time line as well.

In relation, the Petard came about around the 16th Century…. so I’m just curious as to if there is any sort of era/time line on when all of this takes place in the game.

If there isn’t, that’s certainly fine… I was just curious.

Added:

I mean, the game is called “Chivalry Medieval Warfare” thus you’d think it was during the Medieval era, which is from the 5th Century to the 15th Century give or take.

• I remember reading something somewhere about the date being something like the late 12th century to the early 13th.

• @DokB:

I remember reading something somewhere about the date being something like the late 12th century to the early 13th.

That’s pretty much it.

Its got a couple of made up weapons and one of the weapons in the game was 14th century. Think it was the halberd.

• 2012-2013ish

• @Slaughtervomit:

2012-2013ish

Yeah, yeah… Chivalry is just another one of those post-apocalyptic knock offs that we encounter every now and then. Some planet scathed the Earth in December '12 and we had to start all over again.

Something to do with some civilisation called the Mayans or whatever… Oh well. :?

• @lemonater47:

@DokB:

I remember reading something somewhere about the date being something like the late 12th century to the early 13th.

That’s pretty much it.

Its got a couple of made up weapons and one of the weapons in the game was 14th century. Think it was the halberd.

That’s pretty much NOT it (I have tried to explain this before).

The Agathian full plate, all of the two handed swords and most of the other weapons are at least 14th-15th centuries.

• @Matti:

@Slaughtervomit:

2012-2013ish

Yeah, yeah… Chivalry is just another one of those post-apocalyptic knock offs that we encounter every now and then. Some planet scathed the Earth in December '12 and we had to start all over again.

Something to do with some civilisation called the Mayans or whatever… Oh well. :?

I heard it was the Cylons.

But anyways, is there an official dev answer anywhere?

• @Dr:

@lemonater47:

@DokB:

That’s pretty much it.

The Agathian full plate, all of the two handed swords and most of the other weapons are at least 14th-15th centuries.

_“Malric of The Masons, distant cousin of King Argon has taken an old family feud to new heights. Claiming to be the rightful owner of the crown, his plans are to takeover Danum Argon’s place on the throne while brutal wars are being fought abroad. I have joined Malric as his personal bodyguard. I do not know when my return home will be, but you must begin preparations now as victory is soon to be at hand.”

Sir Teach

September 16th, 1266._

Taken from the wiki

• CMW is filled up with anachronisms guys, there is no answer to your question. Just play the game.

• @Dr:

@lemonater47:

@DokB:

That’s pretty much it.

Nope much of the stuff you find in the game can be found as early as the 8th century and the majority of its in the 13th century.

Where on earth are you getting your information from?