Kendo duels for opening duel

• My proposition is that a Kendo duel should be the standard for opening duels in scrims.
    We tried this with KiLA and it worked out successfully, and it was fun at the same time.

First off, for those who don’t know, “What on earth is a Kendo duel?”

A Kendo duel is a team-style duel where every member of the team participates.
    Each person is assigned a number, for example: 1 to 5.

Person # 1 from each team goes to duel, while everyone else stays a good distance away to not interrupt the duel. As soon as player #1 dies from one team, player number#2 from the respective team goes in immediately and duels with player #1 from the opposing team, without waiting for stamina or health regeneration. Do this until one team has completely exhausted their reserves.

Why should we do this? Sure it takes longer, but it is more fun, and it involves the entire team, rather than just one person.

What do you guys think?

• I don’t understand why you would put basically another 5-10minute part. The duel at the start of scrims is basically a coin flip. I don’t really see a point of doing a 5man duel unless it counts as part of the score of the scrim.

• Perhaps you could both choose the map and the team, giving the team who won a distinct advantage over the other.

???

• @LoverBoy.USA:

I don’t understand why you would put basically another 5-10minute part. The duel at the start of scrims is basically a coin flip. I don’t really see a point of doing a 5man duel unless it counts as part of the score of the scrim.

Why do we duel instead of a coin flip then?

• Because

1. Duels are more fun.
    2. They introduce an element of merit opposed to an element of randomness
    3. Who is going to flip the coin in a scrim? “Hey guys, we won the coin flip. Trust meh!” If its being streamed or something, then its "What is more fun, watchin a coin flip LIVE ON STREAM or a duel to the bloody death?
    4. Es Tradicional!

• I think I’ll keep the current dueling set up. Currently dueling only involves one person, but it is quick. And it should be quick. The actual scrim is what we show up for.

• Team duels are super fun but yeah probably not the best format to decide team/map in a match. 1vs1 duels are quicker and cleaner for that purpose. We might have to try a team duel tournament sometime :) Maybe after feints are fixed.

• I love the concept, but it doesn’t fit the purpose of the pre-match duel. Team duels should definitely be a thing though!

• I definitely like this idea for more of a fun tournament thingy, but not for the actual duel to decide who will be what side 'n all that goodness.

But overall, I like the general idea for a tournament or event.

• i agree that it was fun. If we have enough time to do it - I’d be up for it… but sometimes we are tight for time. You can always ask and see what the other team says…

• @Dr.Nick:

Team duels are super fun but yeah probably not the best format to decide team/map in a match. 1vs1 duels are quicker and cleaner for that purpose. We might have to try a team duel tournament sometime :) Maybe after feints are fixed.

What have you done.

• What do you mean fair Ser del?

• Do not touch feints.

Shhh be very very quiet.

• You would really leave feints exactly as they are now despite all the things dozens and dozens of different people have talked about and suggested? Really? I’m not going to have a big feinting argument in this part of the forums anyways :p I do have permission to say that the devs’ opinion is that feints are suppose to be able to be reacted to, not a guessing mechanic unless you put yourself in a crazy situation.

• @Dr.Nick:

I’m not going to have a big feinting argument in this part of the forums anyways :p

• @Dr.Nick:

You would really leave feints exactly as they are now despite all the things dozens and dozens of different people have talked about and suggested? Really? I’m not going to have a big feinting argument in this part of the forums anyways :p I do have permission to say that the devs’ opinion is that feints are suppose to be able to be reacted to, not a guessing mechanic unless you put yourself in a crazy situation.

SCUMBAG DR.NICK

• Doesn’t want a feinting argument.
    • Posts his side of the argument anyway.

• @bada:

@Dr.Nick:

You would really leave feints exactly as they are now despite all the things dozens and dozens of different people have talked about and suggested? Really? I’m not going to have a big feinting argument in this part of the forums anyways :p I do have permission to say that the devs’ opinion is that feints are suppose to be able to be reacted to, not a guessing mechanic unless you put yourself in a crazy situation.

SCUMBAG DR.NICK

• @bada:

SCUMBAG DR.NICK

I didn’t say anything about my opinion of feints…I just asked a question and posted what the devs think.

• @Dr.Nick:

@bada:

SCUMBAG DR.NICK

I didn’t say anything about my opinion of feints…I just asked a question and posted what the devs think.

• Calm down Del, it’ll be alllll right