Mouse motion-based attacks (VIDEO)

• Deleted everything because I am in the process of fine-tuning this method.

I will make a new post when I feel that I have reached best possible results.

• skip

• VAC ban?

• @chawe:

VAC ban?

I don’t see how. Program is not hooking into UDK.exe, I don’t find it any more dangerous than Teamspeak, for example. I have played throughout the day and there was no problem.

On the other hand, post is updated with newer version.

• Seems to me that the Overhead and Thrust should be reversed. Checking the video of the actions, it seems as though it’d be difficult to keep your aim on your target as intended, especially against fast foot work…. and also seems to add a slight delay to your attacks compared to the normal controls. Besides just clicking a button while aiming and moving towards your target, you now have to hold-click a button, then perform the movement of the mouse a specific way to perform the same action while restricting your mouse look during that action.

Interesting idea, but I think I’d personally stick to the current way of playing… though I can see how others would find this appealing to use.

Good job none the less… it would be pretty cool to just swing around with the mouse to perform the attacks like some Wii Plus Controller, but I have yet to see a way for this to work as I’d personally like (ie: able to look around / move around while doing the above) The sword fighting in Wii Sports Resort was fun and I loved how accurate it was with the Wii Plus Controller (You just didn’t control where you moved though or who you fought so even then it wasn’t exactly what I preferred…… I know I’m picky)

• @Cpt-Praxius:

Seems to me that the Overhead and Thrust should be reversed. Checking the video of the actions, it seems as though it’d be difficult to keep your aim on your target as intended, especially against fast foot work….

Directions for attack can be swapped easily in the StrokesPlus program. The ones I am using right now just feel more natural to me.
    @Cpt-Praxius:

…and also seems to add a slight delay to your attacks compared to the normal controls. Besides just clicking a button while aiming and moving towards your target, you now have to hold-click a button, then perform the movement of the mouse a specific way to perform the same action while restricting your mouse look during that action.

The delay you see in the video is there on purpose so you can track of the blue line. In game everything happens much faster, but it does take some time getting used to.
    @Cpt-Praxius:

Interesting idea, but I think I’d personally stick to the current way of playing…. though I can see how others would find this appealing to use.
    Good job none the less… it would be pretty cool to just swing around with the mouse to perform the attacks like some Wii Plus Controller, but I have yet to see a way for this to work as I’d personally like (ie: able to look around / move around while doing the above) The sword fighting in Wii Sports Resort was fun and I loved how accurate it was with the Wii Plus Controller (You just didn’t control where you moved though or who you fought so even then it wasn’t exactly what I preferred…… I know I’m picky)

What is important right now is that the current configuration is rather playable, even with the bugs I have listed. I have proceeded to register to the forum of the StrokesPlus program in hopes that the author will help me out with the small annoyances I can’t seem to deal on my own.
    Thanks for your feedback

• Yeah I hope you didn’t think I was trying to knock your project, just giving honest first impressions and I wasn’t too sure about the timing in the video if it was on purpose or not. It’d be a cool thing for TB to officially add it into the game. More options and all.

• I played WotR and thoroughly enjoyed its unique attack mechanism. Personally I wouldn’t want to play Chivalry with the same mechanics as it is meant to be a faster pace game. It is also in first person, limiting the peripheral vision of your character and therefore making this mechanic even more difficult to use.

This is still pretty cool.heaps of effort put into this, +1! :D

• @Matti:

I played WotR and thoroughly enjoyed its unique attack mechanism. Personally I wouldn’t want to play Chivalry with the same mechanics as it is meant to be a faster pace game. It is also in first person, limiting the peripheral vision of your character and therefore making this mechanic even more difficult to use.

This is still pretty cool.heaps of effort put into this, +1! :D

Thanks for feedback.

Also, OP updated. This time I have made a guide for a much more responsive application and also made a new demonstration video.

• I suppose this is for the player who are used to M&B or WOTR