Crouch key OP…...

• I started using the crouch key recently instead of blocking all the time and wow…just wow. Alot the the people I’ve fought haven’t excepted me to crouch and well they got easily killed. Certainly helped to increase the amount of kills I’ve gathered.

Just thought i’d spread the word.

• Works great on newbies, but it’s a real gamble against skilled players. Use it cautiously.

• It’s very risky to use it INSTEAD of blocking. You should only really use it if:

a) You’re facing a noob who is likely to spam LMB
    b) You’re facing someone who likes to use LMB as their main strike and hence you can predict fairly accurately that they will LMB
    c) Your opponent has a very slow weapon.
    d) Your opponent has feinted you and you are about to get hit.

If you try to use it against a skilled player under any other circumstances you’re likely to get both hit (in the head) and disorientated. Don’t make out that it’s some kind of magical IWIN button.

• @Dick:

Works great on newbies, but it’s a real gamble against skilled players. Use it cautiously.

Agreed. Against skilled players who can aim their strikes down and don’t use slash that much anyways, I would only recommend crouching if their is no possible other way to block or avoid their hit. Even with crouch plus full lookdown, good people will often have the reflexes to immediately look down themselves and hit you anyways. I mainly only use it after I have fallen for a feint and am about to get hit with no possibility of blocking.

• I don´t know about you but I have a significant delay between when I press the crouch key and the actual action. In my opinion, you should only use it if you´re on lower ground.

• I used to use crouch a lot more but, as many people mentioned, skilled players can react quickly and still hit you. I now use it when I am know that there is no chance to block an incoming attack (in recovery for example). I don’t see a point in not trying to use it if it’s your only option.

These days would be good practice time to use your duck as the 66% off sale brought an influx of newbies who like LMB a little bit :P

• Lol. Nerf crouch!

Also, nobody tell this guy you can look down while crouching too

• Someone managed to crouch under my javelin throw that was amazing.

And it only works once against a skilled player and doesn’t work again.

• @Daiyuki:

Also, nobody tell this guy you can look down while crouching too

Shhhh, damn it man, dont give away the secrets.
    In other news, blocking is OP.

• great here we go another nerf, nothing is op in the game right now geez.
    we dont need any more nerfs people comon, let them focus on the stuff that really needs to be fixed!

• That’s interesting, crouch always gets me killed when I try and use it.
    I’m glad you figured it out though, it looks ninja weaving under your enemy’s weapon.

• @TheAman90:

I started using the crouch key recently instead of blocking all the time and wow…just wow. Alot the the people I’ve fought haven’t excepted me to crouch and well they got easily killed. Certainly helped to increase the amount of kills I’ve gathered.

Just thought i’d spread the word.

Do you mean Crouch Attack around a shield or Duck Dodge? (Crouch and Look down to lower your profile and miss an incoming swing?)

Both worked well for me in my earlier levels between 12 to 20…. but 90% of the time against higher leveled players, it doesn’t work so well.

Use it while you can and where you can… but you’ll soon see that it’s not as over powered as you may think… it’s just another decent option in your bag of tricks.

It was always bad ass when I crouch swing under and around one’s shield for a hit, followed by an overhead combo to their skull… it’s like skooling with style.

• I use crouch at two different times:

1- If I’m using a shield and I’m stupid enough to get kick stunned; sometimes you will duck under their swing and avoid the insta-hit. Even if it’s only 1 time out of 10 it’s worth a try.

2 - When using a shield and approaching archers, I don’t hold the shield when under fire; I watch the archers’ animation so I know roughly when they will shoot and then I hold up my shield and crouch to try and avoid getting hit in the legs. If you don’t have a shield this is a good way to avoid slower projectiles like axes, knives and javelins.

• Crouch is only good against dodging LMB’s, and arrows. Most newbie archers can’t hit someone who is looking down and crouched.

(Lucky for me I can’t head shot because I always aim to low, so I always hit players who do this hehehehe)