Do shields actual work

• hi guys yes im a noob thought be ace holding a shield but I always seemed to get killed with shield up what am I doing wrong :(

• Yes they do work. It takes a while to get used to them though, as the hitboxes are not accurate and occasionally you will see weapons stabbing or swinging through shields.

• You still have to aim your blocks with a shield.

Especially when someone knows how to stab/get around the shield.

• I know how frustrating this can be.
    The closer your opponent comes, the better you will have to aim your shield-block.
    Also, when you see a stab coming in, always aim a little more to the left.

• @smokingbobs:

when you see a stab coming in, always aim a little more to the left.

Shh! Don’t tell people about the stab-hole! You don’t tell girls about the hole in the bathroom and you don’t tell new players about the hole in their shield. :x
    “Are you drunk?” :D

• Keep in mind that if you hold your shield up most of the time, someone will just give you a kick which ends up stunning you long enough for a free hit with almost any weapon. (which is kind of dumb if you ask me but oh well)

So only bring up your shield when you know an attack is coming towards you…. aim the shield at the weapon coming at you, not the enemy holding the weapon.

Try crouching while blocking with a shield and aiming at the weapon, this lowers your profile and allows you to block more area of your body… but be quick about the action because if you crouch and block too soon, the enemy will see what you’re doing and kick you or flank you with another attack… and once that hit is blocked, stand back up and get ready to attack them back as soon as possible.

• Yeah shields work, but they basically use the same code as normal blocking; there is no special “hit box” for shields except in regards to ranged attacks. All a shield is allowing you to do is hold down the parry button rather than having to time it like you do with a weapon. This means you still have to aim your block against the attackers weapon. If someone swings at your left look left and if someone swings at your head look up.

• It will take some time getting use to the shield as everyone has already mentioned. Eventually you’ll get the hang of it, or if we are lucky, the devs will put out a patch that will allow us to use our teammate’s dead bodies as shields or build a wall. :D

• @Vintskel:

You still have to aim your blocks with a shield.

Especially when someone knows how to stab/get around the shield.

Nobody knows how to stab around a shield without face hugging or using speed manipulation I’ve found. Heck I’ve been on someone side before as they block straight ahead and swung at their unprotected flank only to be told that it was blocked.

• @Keith:

It will take some time getting use to the shield as everyone has already mentioned. Eventually you’ll get the hang of it, or if we are lucky, the devs will put out a patch that will allow us to use our teammate’s dead bodies as shields or build a wall. :D

Screw as a shield. Need to use them as a weapon. Gotta rip off the dudes leg and beat his friend with it.

• @mc:

hi guys yes im a noob thought be ace holding a shield but I always seemed to get killed with shield up what am I doing wrong :(

for the most part but they have some bugs and dont always block as intended, they will be fixed and are still a great counter for arrows

• Dont bother with it. Its bugged (like 99% of the game got bugged due to patches)

• @BandOfTheHawk:

for the most part but they have some bugs and dont always block as intended, they will be fixed

omg thats funny, fixed haha