My thoughts on the game and how the patch has helped.

• It hasn’t.

The game is buggier than ever I find, the browser is better to look at but not better to use I’ve found, the server list shakes rapidly, repeats the same server and still sometimes ignores servers entirely forcing me to use direct connect through console.

(Most of the people I’ve spoken to about if have all or some or one of these problems)

Weapons passing through people like they’re ghosts? I think we’ve all had this once or twice a week in any game it’s just hit detection I suppose, but it happens with me and 4 other clan mates of mine every game now, for me several times without fail regardless of the weapon I’m using.

Clipping and getting stuck on pebbles/trees/bushes/boulders/walls/peasants, that’s not been fixed at all?

Dodging as MAA while stunned.

Bardiche’s swinging animation and OP acceleration.

FPS drop on Frigid/Citadel for alot of people.

And now there is a regeneration bug where upon healing you suddenly lose 10% of your health and your screen loses its colour and gets the red border as if a halberd had been forced up your bum.

And I’ll not understand the reducing wind up speed on one handers ever I dont think.

Opinions? I’m not raging or trolling but this is how I and others no doubt see it :/

• did you even read the patch logs?

main things that got fixed were one handed weapons and blocking
    fyi too, they also changed up a lot of the one handed animations, fixing a lot of broke ass weapons like the Dane Axe

the only bug that’s come from this update is the shaky server browser

everything else you listed are known bugs that they’re getting to

• Yeah, the problem with the server browser twitching and doing other weird unorthodox things really bugs me. (No pun intended)

• @Matti:

Yeah, the problem with the server browser twitching and doing other weird unorthodox things really bugs me. (No pun intended)

it only does it when you click on any of the listing order things at the top

I’ve just been letting the servers fill in by themselves and scrolling down to find a server I like

• Since the patch I’ve had the server browser issues, which is a given. But as stated, just don’t sort the list and it should be fine, I’ve noticed clicking sort by name fixes it sometimes though.

I have been having the regeneration bug though, when I have time to regenerate (Mostly just under half health) as it gets over halfway, it all of a sudden shoots back down to 1/4 with a bloody screen, then regenerates properly. Only happens two or so times in about an hour of gameplay.

Otherwise, the patch has been pretty good IMO.

• I’ve noticed a health bug that sometimes when I crouch to heal, the health bar seems to jump back 10% and then start to climb again but whether that’s actual health or just a health bar graphic issue I’m not sure.

• I’ve noticed a health bug that sometimes when I crouch to heal, the health bar seems to jump back 10% and then start to climb again but whether that’s actual health or just a health bar graphic issue I’m not sure.

This apparently happens when using toggle sprint, and sprint is toggled “on.” Turn sprint off before crouching and you should be able to regen without getting smacked with the invisible halberd at 78-80 some odd percent of health.

• @BB:

it only does it when you click on any of the listing order things at the top

I’ve just been letting the servers fill in by themselves and scrolling down to find a server I like

Yeah, I usually sort my servers by ping.

• Well that’s fair enough, from those 7 responses the public arent generally getting it so bad?

But I find the patch has done little, though granted the new animations are okay but I never heard or thought of them as necessary

And calm down Matti

• @Puffter:

It hasn’t.

I respectfully disagree. Overall I consider it an improvement but you are definitely right about some of the issues here.

the browser is better to look at but not better to use I’ve found, the server list shakes rapidly,

Yes, that’s a new issue.
    I think it is an easy to fix bug though (just adding more sorting criteria at once), see here:
    viewtopic.php?f=87&t=12235&p=113696#p113696

And when I say “I think it is an easy to fix bug”, I really mean “it should be fixed fuckin ASAP with a dedicated hotfix!!!”

Weapons passing through people like they’re ghosts? I think we’ve all had this once or twice a week in any game it’s just hit detection I suppose, but it happens with me and 4 other clan mates of mine every game now, for me several times without fail regardless of the weapon I’m using.

Yes, that’s definitely an extremely serious issue and I agree it is much more widespread now than before:
    viewtopic.php?f=87&t=12273&p=113691#p113691

FPS drop on Frigid/Citadel for alot of people.

Citadel is said to have undergone “aggressive FPS optimization”. When I played it, it was slower than ever… I played it only once though and Agatha did not manage to get past the first stage :D so I really don’t know.

• @Eleshar_Vermillion:

And when I say “I think it is an easy to fix bug”, I really mean “it should be fixed fuckin ASAP with a dedicated hotfix!!!”

Unfortunately this isn’t the kind of small change we can push right to steam, it requires a whole new build - which means a sizable patch, unfortunately. So rather than pushing out a fix for just this and making everyone download a large file just for one fix, we’re looking to release a very quick patch with this fix + everything else we’ve fixed since Patch 1 went into beta; not everyone was at PAX and GDC, so a lot has been done already and I think everyone will be pleased to see the changes in the next patch.

• … honestly I’d be fine downloading a new patch once a week or two
    I really, really wouldn’t mind at all

@Puffter:

though granted the new animations are okay but I never heard or thought of them as necessary

They really were

The Dane Axe especially was so broke, overhand was crazy hard to block, and it’s weird animations gave it an extendo arm when sprinting

• @SlyGoat:

Unfortunately this isn’t the kind of small change we can push right to steam, it requires a whole new build

Oh. I don’t really know anything about programming but the issue seems to be that there need to be some secondary sorting criterion in the background (so that if you choose to sort servers according to pings, it sorts servers with the same thing alphabetically or according to the number of players or whatever) because only servers with the same value (ping, game type,…) jitter. I thought it was more of an overlook than anything else, especially because in the previous version it worked flawlessly. Otherwise the browser seems very fine to me.

• @BB:

… honestly I’d be fine downloading a new patch once a week or two
    I really, really wouldn’t mind at all

@Puffter:

though granted the new animations are okay but I never heard or thought of them as necessary

They really were

The Dane Axe especially was so broke, overhand was crazy hard to block, and it’s weird animations gave it an extendo arm when sprinting

Bardiche acceleration is a worse issue imo.

• @Slaughtervomit:

Bardiche acceleration is a worse issue imo.

it’s really not