1v1 Tournament. $95 in prizes! POSTPONED

• Mod

Hi everyone,
    The signups for 1v1 tournament is finally open! Thanks to NCGAMING for help hosting all of this! You can find the signups Here! (http://www.ncgaming.com/)
    So here’s a list of the current rules -
    All classes are allowed to be used
    Ranged weapons as equipment are NOT permitted (Axes, knives, fire pots)
    All melee weapons are allowed
    First and third perspective are allowed
    Any and all conflicts will be resolved by Admins at their discretion. Their decision is final.
    No glitching in the game on purpose
    You MUST be at your assigned time with five minutes of it beginning. If you fail to do so, your game will be forfeited.
    It is recommended to take screenshots and video if possible to justify your wins and losses, note it is not necessary.
    Winning will occur once one player has reached 2/3 wins of the duel game mode
    All matches will be played in the "Duel game type"
    Gift/Prize will be presented to the winner at the end of the tournament. Current prize includes
    $20 Microsoft point card (They sell PC games too!) - Twelve month Xbox live Gold card (Value at $60) - $15 iTunes card
    .The signup will end on Thursday, April 4th. After this, check back for when your first game is. Will be found under “General tournament” on NCGAMING.com
    So, about the prizes. They have been listed above, which are the Xbox points and card (value at $80) and an iTunes card (90% sure to be a prize) This (http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/PC/Games?xr=shellnav)will be show some of the PC games offered.
    Check out the website - ncgaming.com - for the brackets and standings, as well as any other updates

Feel free to ask any questions, mostly on the reddit post down below. This one wont be monitored as much, Don’t forget to check back Thursday (on Reddit)to find out who and when your fighting! Signups end on Thursday at 3 p.m. central.
    First round will take place Friday night, and if you win the rest of it will most likely take place Saturday, with the exception of the championship which will occur Sunday.
    Here is some more info.- http://www.ncgaming.com/phpbb/viewforum … e22a624a5b

32 man bracket as well. IT will be updated - http://www.ncgaming.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1087 - here very often. Make sure to check back on it to see your opponet and time. Check your email for the same information. Dont be late!
    Here is the link to the same post on the chivalry subreddit. It will be monitored much more - http://www.reddit.com/r/ChivalryGame/co … in_prizes/

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Hi everyone, got some bad news. It’s been on the reddit post for most of the day and I’m posting it here now. Sadly we are going to be postponing the Tournament. When looking over the system we had created, its filled with flaws and time consuming issues that we know no one wants to deal with. We also just didn’t get enough sign-ups. So I’ve decided to postpone it. I would of done it next week, but I will be away. It will 95% chance to be two weeks from now and set up in a different fashion. The new way will most likely be that all of the games, except for the final two , will be all in one night. This will most likely be Friday night, and as long as you keep winning will most likely take an hour and a half until we finish. Next day will be the last two matches, which will most likely be recorded. (Most of the inital will also be streamed)

Anyways, thanks for anyone who did sign up and I’m sorry that this had to happen.

EDIT 2: I’ll also try to answer some of the questions on here. If the other people are fine with it, I will remove archers and possibly third person. This is North American only as well.

• Mod

Need more people to sign up! Grab your friends!

• How many people are currently singed up?

*Also is archers using ranged or 3p allowed?

• Count me in! Anything to fill out?

• @Ronin:

Count me in! Anything to fill out?

http://www.ncgaming.com/?page_id=296

• TBH, i would suggest holding off on any tournaments until the next patch hits… should be fairly soon.

• @NoVaLombardia:

TBH, i would suggest holding off on any tournaments until the next patch hits… should be fairly soon.

Disregard this message, facheur is full of people who think the game is unplayable in competitive, which quite frankly a load of crap.

• Also you guys might want to consider doing no 3p allowed and no archers, also might want to consider making it ffa arena or something, some of the competitive members are taking this whole thing as a joke.

Also, will these matches be streamed/recorded?

• Since you don’t talk about it , it is a world wide Tournament ?

• @Del:

Also you guys might want to consider doing no 3p allowed and no archers, also might want to consider making it ffa arena or something, some of the competitive members are taking this whole thing as a joke.

Also, will these matches be streamed/recorded?

Yes, they will be streamed and recorded atleast the finals. Height is one of the commentators.

• Is there a page, to see who already signed up so far? Would be nice though.

• Any ping limit?

• noone can find his retard steam id. if you google -> tipe in the counterstrike console status

• @Guest:

Any ping limit?

Don’t know about the tournament, but thanks for pointing out ‘Guests’ can post in this section, as that shouldn’t be allowed :P

Fixed it now, please use or create an account.

• So is that a no on removing 3p and archers using ranged? ;_;

• @Del:

@NoVaLombardia:

TBH, i would suggest holding off on any tournaments until the next patch hits… should be fairly soon.

Disregard this message, facheur is full of people who think the game is unplayable in competitive, which quite frankly a load of crap.

I don’t know where this hatred came from, but I have none towards you. Just goes to say keep in mind who you take your advice from when they become hostile.

I never show any bias towards anyone, not even my own clanmates. Every decision i make is made with deductive reasoning.

• @NoVaLombardia:

@Del:

@NoVaLombardia:

I don’t know where this hatred came from, but I have none towards you. Just goes to say keep in mind who you take your advice from when they become hostile.

I never show any bias towards anyone, not even my own clanmates. Every decision i make is made with deductive reasoning.

No hatred intended, i’m just stating that it’s a ridiculous notion to postpone a tournamnet, the game is no doubt playable competitively in it’s current incarnation. (In my own crude spin, forgive me but I don’t like to talk too formally all the time.)

• The biggest reason I think this tournament should be held off is due to its short notice. Not the one game breaking bug that currently exists. Give more time for people to join up, since i’m sure many people have jobs. Usually 3 weeks minimum is given. I’ll PM mr. OP the second reason, since if i post it here it will be deleted.

• @NoVaLombardia:

The biggest reason I think this tournament should be held off is due to its short notice. Not the one game breaking bug that currently exists. Give more time for people to join up, since i’m sure many people have jobs. Usually 3 weeks minimum is given. I’ll PM mr. OP the second reason, since if i post it here it will be deleted.

Please stop spreading around the exploits, it’s already been publicized enough…

• Absolutely not. The judges should know what it looks like if they are going to be disqualifying rounds due to exploiting.

The big problem with this bug is that many people unintentionally do it, due to the way it works.

Looks like your connection to Torn Banner Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.