Vanguards…

• Sorry after playing until lvl 30 and i am not a big noob I will store the game back into my shelf so it gets dusty.
    I play MAA and the only class what i get killed 9 out of 10 times is the fucking Vanguard.

(not playable means you wont get to top 3 - 1out of 10 times)
    MAA is almost not playable in Team objective,King of the hill,Team Deathmatch (certain maps),FAA.

The only way to play MAA ‘‘poorly’’ good is at Duel. But still even there. The Vanguard is always 9 out of 10 Games 1.2 and 3 Place, maybe there is a Knight inbetween, but he probably changed from Van to Knight.

The speed and the abuse and the reach of the Vanguards is just so redic. its no fun for me.

Duels i press F10. Even if i get to hit him 3 times. Still standing. Yeah everybody says there slow, but i cant say that. I tested it. With my last dagger i cant even get into range because the Vanguard overheads,strikes,stabs,overhead,strikes… i am just like WTF. My dagger only goes … swing… stab… maybe another swing… ok.

So people who read this are like … dont use a dagger then.
    I am like OK… then i wont use it. Still 9 out of 10 Duel fights with a Vanguard i will just get owned by a Skiller who 1 hits me. I mean c mon… i am ‘‘fast’’ yea right, maa is a meele fighter, if i will get 1 shot all the time, where is the purpose of me going into a meele battle ?

Maa is still the most fun class i think, i played it a lot in team objective or duel.
    But Vanguard just ownes the shit out of me. My Stamina is going 0 if he lmb spams and i cant get into reach. And then he just makes a abused overhead and i am 1 shot.

Go to Duel Servers 6 out of 10 players use Vanguards. Its not even fun enymore.

There are few Vanguard technique that i just leave the game (not raging just frustated looking for a Server without so many Vanguards).

1. The chicken technique: Runn around the map hoping the noob follows you. Stab and turn around the same time. The stab goes around corners so it has a higher radius to hit.
    Good job, wich means, me as maa i goto starr hat this drunk MF runing like a idiot and stab into the air, finaly he recongnises that i dont follow his stupide shit, he comes up to me and.

2. Uses the looking down faint,faint,overhead i am dead technique.

3. Swing swing swing swing swing sing sing sing lalalala… noclip did not even reach me i get hit. COOL

4. The best thing is, if i get close and he parries all my attacks that his stamina is 0 and he is out of breath, i stab (wich should be the fastest attack) he can parrie. WTF ?
    If I go out of breath MAA he fucking overheads me without me having a chance.

Ps: I fucking hate it if I jump away 3x in a row without even moving from the spot i jumped from.
    Stamina = 0 and i get a 1 shot skill Overhead.

I dont care if i get headshot dead by some random bowman, they are made of paper.
    I can handle the big armor (sometimes loose to it if skilled) of a knight.
    I can have fun duels with maa vs maa
    I FUCKING HATE VANGUARDS! The shit abuse,the shit noobtechnique the fucked up weapons they got. That crap is totaly not balanced at all.

Make all theyre god damn weapons -5 Range,after each swing or stab or what the fuck they do they should loose stamina (because of the enormus weapons they got).
    If they stare at the ground for 5 seconds and try to strike you they should do 1/3 dmg less.
    Make the weapons of vanguard 5% less dmg, so I could survive a fucking overhead with a paper meele class.

I am not saying improve the maa, it got its ups and downs.
    But the Vanguard is not balanced at all.

All the haters here are Vanguards and abusers it self, or Knights who use the bugged noobhammer or just simple the scimitar basher whats also fucked up.

Cheers

• Is english not your native language or are you just high?

Anyways
    Van>MAA>Knight>Archer>Van

• No i dont write english that often, i am sorry if you could not read it perfectly.
    But maybe i am just high.

Van>MAA>Knight>Archer>Van cant confirm.

Van>MAA>Knight>Archer>Archer
    Van>Archer>Archer

• @Xperiment:

Van>Archer>Archer

No. I eat Vanguards for breakfast.

• Vanguard is currently the worst class right now, if you discount clearly buggy mechanics such as the bardiche lookdown overhead.

It’s basically just a knight with less health; the supposed advantage to playing vanguard is the range, but other classes (especially MAA, I haven’t a clue how you have trouble with vanguards tbh) find it very easy to close them down and negate this so-called advantage.

Not to mention charge attacks are shit.

• Yeah if english isn’t your native language that’s fine, no big deal I can still read it

Why is lookdown overhand for bardiche such a big deal?
    You can block it just like every other accelerated swing

• This thread reeks of noobification…

• Actually, as MAA, I think it’s hard to fight a good vanguard, because I can’t get in range for a hit and then dodge far enough away to avoid his.

Still, after much practice, I’ve found vanguards to be one of the easiest to take down because 2 hits from a dane axe (maybe plus a sneaky kick) and they’re dead. The only exception to this is the one-shot bardiche and it’s broken animations.

I think you need to practice a little more. Vanguard are definitely not OP, and in duels they are laughably underpowered.

• For real what broken animations are people even complaining about, Bardiche does the same thing every other weapon does when you look straight down with it

• Did something change. I have had my dane axe and parried a vanguards attack and go for an immediate swing but he is able to hit me before I can hit him.

Is there an overhead combo on a vanguards weapon IF YOU ARE PARRIED.

That makes no sense, if you got parried you fucked up - why would you be able to do a super fast overhead after you fucked up?

• @BB:

For real what broken animations are people even complaining about, Bardiche does the same thing every other weapon does when you look straight down with it

Pommel of polearms do damage. You can place the pommel of the polearms inside the character you’re overheading, intentionally or not, and do damage immediately with overhead strikes.

You’re getting hit with the pommel while the blade of the weapon is still behind your opponents head.

• @HEXEN:

Pommel of polearms do damage. You can place the pommel of the polearms inside the character you’re overheading, intentionally or not, and do damage immediately with overhead strikes. You’re getting hit with the pommel while the blade of the weapon is still behind your opponents head.

THIS (is annoying as hell)

• Guys
    Guys that’s not a broken animation
    Or even close to what a broken animation would mean

@elitenoob:

Did something change. I have had my dane axe and parried a vanguards attack and go for an immediate swing but he is able to hit me before I can hit him.

Is there an overhead combo on a vanguards weapon IF YOU ARE PARRIED.

That makes no sense, if you got parried you fucked up - why would you be able to do a super fast overhead after you fucked up?

A couple things

Weapon queing was changed a bit if you noticed, it’s a bit harder to riposte because of it, you may not have done it correctly
    And if you did do it correctly then he was speedhacking

Also one handed animations are different, Dane is no longer broke as shit
    If you were a Dane user before the patch you’ll notice a significant drop in your k/d

• @BB:

Guys
    Guys that’s not a broken animation
    Or even close to what a broken animation would mean

Indeed.

This is what people are referring to though. A lot of terms get tossed around and… I think some people interpret them incorrectly.

Example: the term “idle flinch” is still applied to flinch problems outside of the idle state.

• But that’s dumb!
    I think some people actually believe the animation is broke

Also I don’t see how this is a big deal, the stick part doing damage I mean
    Facehugging is already a decent tactic, no need to completely remove the polearms’s ability to fight back when someone does that

• My major problem with vanguards is if they play the “Let’s never block game”, since I can’t reach them with a hatchet [I’m starting to bring a saber as my secondary in order to attempt to remedy this, fortunately, it’s rare enough that I haven’t had a chance to experiment with it yet]

• @BB:

But that’s dumb!

Facehugging is already a decent tactic, no need to completely remove the polearms’s ability to fight back when someone does that

I’ll tell you what’s dumb: your post.

I mean for goodness sake, WHO THE HELL CARES what you call that lookdown overhead glitch. It’s a broken mechanic. That’s all that matters.

And you don’t see how it’s a big deal? Your only argument seems to be that ‘facehugging is broken, so I should be allowed a broken mechanic too’.

• @BB:

But that’s dumb!

The problem is that if someone with a bardiche parries you they can combo into a lookdown OH and damage you before you even see the attack animation (or at least, reasonably react). Combine this with it’s devastating damage (in terms of hits-to-kill) and you get a problem. All it needs is a little slowdown, or for the tracers to actually line up with the swinging weapon.

I’m not sure what’s meant by “pommel” in this case. Are you talking about the whole non-blade section or actually the bit below the grip?

• @Bloodhead:

I’ll tell you what’s dumb: your post.

well jeez that’s just hurtful

@Bloodhead:

I mean for goodness sake, WHO THE HELL CARES what you call that lookdown overhead glitch. It’s a broken mechanic. That’s all that matters.

it’s neither a glitch nor broken
    it’s working as intended

@Bloodhead:

And you don’t see how it’s a big deal? Your only argument seems to be that ‘facehugging is broken, so I should be allowed a broken mechanic too’.

lol what
    Hex was asking for the stick part of the polearms to do less damage which has nothing to do with swing manipulation

I think you’re arguing with someone else because my post had nothing to do with the lookdown overhand

@NabsterHax:

The problem is that if someone with a bardiche parries you they can combo into a lookdown OH and damage you before you even see the attack animation (or at least, reasonably react). Combine this with it’s devastating damage (in terms of hits-to-kill) and you get a problem. All it needs is a little slowdown, or for the tracers to actually line up with the swinging weapon.

one handed weapons have a shorter windup time and they’re blockable, so I’m gonna say the Bardiche is blockable too

every weapon can take advantage of swing manipulation, and you shouldn’t nerf an entire tree because of it
    it’s not the weapon’s fault it’s so easy to bypass the overhand’s release period

and yeah the polearms have decent release times and pretty good damage, but they also have terrible combo rates and recovery times(not including billhook)

@NabsterHax:

I’m not sure what’s meant by “pommel” in this case. Are you talking about the whole non-blade section or actually the bit below the grip?

I assumed he’s talking about the stick

• Huh…

I thought I was just lagging when I get instantaneously gibbed by a Bardiche overhead as MaA.

Surely you cannot say that in this instance, that the lookdown on the Bardiche is not broken? It has the potential to 1 shot two of the playable classes in this game.