I can't stand the lack of quality control.

• STOP SAYING THE SERVER IS FIXED WHEN EVERY TIME YOU DO IT ACTUALLY JUST HAS HALF OF THE OLD ISSUES WITH ANOTHER BUNCH OF NEW ONES

Just wanted to make sure you saw that, because it reeks of low work ethic and laze. Yes I can see more servers, yes there are a whole bunch of filters I can use, but I still get locked out from viewing servers for longer periods at a time, I still get “failed to join” when joining from an active server, I still see false player counts, and now I get duplicate server listings, filters not applying notably the max ping, server speed, and gametype.

Game frequently crashes when I alt-tab, RIP pandora.

Visuals seem slow and laggy in game, even on no-lag players.

THE MAPS ARE FULL OF COLLISION ISSUES DON’T SAY YOU FIXED THEM JUST SO I CAN GET STUCK ON EVERY ROCK I CAN FIND

that’s another big one for me, thus the large font.

I could go on about weapon imbalances and other gameplay issues but @BobT36:

As to the post, there’s probably some decent feedback here, but it’s a bit hard to take it all in with it all being in one gigantic mega-post, covering lots of different things heh.

Would probably be better if you could split it down into several smaller topics for each subject, posted in Bug Reports or Ideas / Suggestions (whichever is the most relevant), should be nice and easy for the devs to absorb the feedback seperately for each area then. :)

I guess I should keep it short if I want to be heard.

• To be honest, I think a big mega thread with confirmed bugs and issues that needed to be worked on is much easier and efficient than having lots of smaller topics and threads scattered all over the place. A sort of big “To-Do” list style thing.

I mean, if you can’t stand reading a large post detailing bugs, then I don’t know what to tell you. There’s so many things wrong with saying “keep it simple” in this case. :|

• WHY DIDN’T YOU SUBMIT SCREENSHOTS OF MAP ISSUES LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

loser

• Hmm, this isn’t really a post reporting on specific issues though (and how to reproduce them on your system), so my quote doesn’t really apply. You’re merely raging here in General Discussion so it still doesn’t help them much. :( It’s not about “wanting to be heard”, the focus of what I was saying there was a bit of advice on how to get the most useful information to them. The devs DO want to fix these issues ya?

Have you tried clicking the “Apply Filter” button on the filter menu in the server browser? I was grumping about filters not working at first as I was used to just setting them and refreshing, didn’t see there was now an “Apply” button (especially with it being semi-transparent so the browser obscures the text a bit).

I do have to say though, a lot of these issues you’re complaining about are entirely situational, as I simply haven’t had them. I had ONE Alt Tab crash and that was during the Alpha, besides that, Chiv has always been quite good and VERY fast with Alt+Tabbing to other programs.

I haven’t had a lot of the server browser issues you’re mentioning here either since the latest patch, only the one with it duplicating once, and I didn’t see what reproduced that, just exited and went back in, re-applied my filter and all was good.

I’m not saying your issues don’t happen at all but, please realise they’re situational and only happen on specific systems or in specific circumstances, it’s not as easy fixing something that you can’t easily reproduce, or knew existed at all if it only happens on certain systems…

Btw Map bugs can be reported here, and will be fixed by the level designer when he can: viewtopic.php?f=87&t=10590

As to Dok, with smaller, specific topics, devs will easily deal with bugs in isolation (unless they’re linked), and add them to their own internal bug-tracker and form their own “To-do” list. Sly may say different, but as a software dev I much prefer small, specific “tasks” to work on rather than a gargantuan requirements list that’s in one huge block, I simply can’t absorb and catagorise issues that way, (this may just be personal). Important detail can easily be missed.

It’s kinda up to the devs to internally prioritise and assign each bug. Smaller lists with say “Top 5-10 core issues that you want fixed” can help mega-shit-tonnes though with prioritisation. Just would advise keeping the detail (minus the rage) to specific topics on the issue itself, with steps to reproduce if possible. Every bit of info helps! But throwing a massive “RAAR EVERYTHING IS BROKEN!!!1” splurge doesn’t help unfortunately.

• @BobT36:

Hmm, Have you tried clicking the “Apply Filter” button on the filter menu in the server browser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVy2hQlBs8

But thanks for the direct place to post map issues, dude’s inbox will be full by tomorrow afternoon.

• Ohhh okay.

I wasn’t aware that the dev team (or at least you) preferred the smaller threads and topics to a big mega thread. If you prefer it that way, or if it helps you work more efficiently :P , then smaller threads it shall be.

And when I said a large mega thread, I was thinking more about a large topic where it had bugs reported that were posted with civility and not the usual “RAARR FIX DIS SHIIT” threads that you see a lot of the time.

My mistake.

• No problems on my end.

• @Mike_Effing_Jones:

@BobT36:

Hmm, Have you tried clicking the “Apply Filter” button on the filter menu in the server browser?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znVy2hQlBs8

But thanks for the direct place to post map issues, dude’s inbox will be full by tomorrow afternoon.

Don’t be a clever tit with that please, I was sincerely trying to advise. I literally was missing the “apply” button at first and grumping about the filters not working myself. I was so used to just typing in “Official” for example and clicking Refresh, rather than having to click “Apply Filter”, since that’s new. Also as I said the button is easy to miss due to the semi-transparency and the text of the servers overlapping it. When I do click it though, it works (for me).

With the map stuff, make sure you post them in the thread and in the format asked for, (with screenshot, description, and/or coordinates if possible), rather than PM’ing them. They’ll be fixed in future patches where possible.

Also Dok, take what I say with a grain of salt for now. Slygoat will be the one to specify how they want them reporting probably. Usually though in software development, we prefer smaller, specific items that can easily be identified, prioritised and allocated, rather than a single giant mix of everything.

It can be very useful to group similar items together though of course. Just EVERYTHING in one big lump can be a bit tough to absorb, specially when you’ve got everything else in your head at the same time.

• I alt tab all the time because triple monitor setup. Has never crashed once. Server browser is better than before and reports actually full servers as full and actually empty servers as empty. The duplicate server thing is solved by just sorting by ping a few times, once it’s properly populated the servers will quit shifting around too.

All in all it’s better in every way, even joining games off friends list from inside another match works most of the time, no need to close Chivalry anymore =]

• Player counts are accurate now. If there are slightly less players in the game than it said, keep in mind that players in spectator count against the total players. A future update will add a list of spectators to the scoreboard (or however they end up doing it at the time).

• I don’t have any problems that the OP has at all.

• @BobT36:

I do have to say though, a lot of these issues you’re complaining about are entirely situational, as I simply haven’t had them. I had ONE Alt Tab crash and that was during the Alpha, besides that, Chiv has always been quite good and VERY fast with Alt+Tabbing to other programs.

This is unrelated but I always get absolutely shitty fps if I alt tab out of chivalry. I’m running everything on max with 50fps+ at all times, but if I alt tab it gets stuck around 25-30fps.

• I think the game is pretty good, BUT THE SERVER NEEDS ATTENTION…

Just saying, from my experience. Thanks.

• I agree with the OP in that there are overall quality control issues with this title. Some constructive criticism…

Good:

love

Bad:
    Quality control - some seemingly simple bugs have been around for a long time. They seem simple to me, but hey - I’m not a dev so get that grain of salt handy. Examples: ballista bug, namely when you stop using the ballista you have to parry before you can do any attacks. Not huge, but it’s been around for a long time. Another: when spawning in, the player is equipped with a random weapon - maybe his selected main, secondary, tertiary, etc. Again, not a huge bug as the workaround is simple but the occurrence is very high. Lastly: the new health regen / sprint bug (if you’re sprinting, then stop and crouch to regain hp you soon take a hit to your hp that knocks it back down).

The point is that alone these types of bugs are minor but taken together they can impact player confidence. If small bugs like the ballista and spawn-in examples are omnipresent, how confident can one be that bigger and far more important game mechanics are being addressed correctly? As for the hp regen bug either the testers reported it and someone else green-lighted it or they didn’t find it at all. Either is cause for concern.

TL;DR: I like chivalry, it’s fun. Squashing old bugs and preventing new ones with better quality control can take Torn Banner from good to great.

• @bluethumb:

Quality control - some seemingly simple bugs have been around for a long time. They seem simple to me, but hey - I’m not a dev so get that grain of salt handy. Examples: ballista bug, namely when you stop using the ballista you have to parry before you can do any attacks. Not huge, but it’s been around for a long time. Another: when spawning in, the player is equipped with a random weapon - maybe his selected main, secondary, tertiary, etc. Again, not a huge bug as the workaround is simple but the occurrence is very high. Lastly: the new health regen / sprint bug (if you’re sprinting, then stop and crouch to regain hp you soon take a hit to your hp that knocks it back down).

But the last two are fixed in Beta. The first one is probably hard to reproduce - I have never seen it.

• By first one you mean the ballista bug? Come to think of it I see that one on Citadel, should have clarified. It’s good they finally got the re-spawn bug fixed. Been around since January.