Queue Not Working

• When I am holding shift to sprint (i.e., almost all the time now that sprint automatically reactivates) and in recovery or parry recovery, queueing is disabled.

Let’s say that my opponent attacks me and I throw a parry, but the attack misses and they combo off it. I see the combo coming (or even see their friend coming in with another attack) and I tap RMB to throw up my parry in the last .1s of my first parry’s recovery purely by chance. If I am not holding shift, the parry will be queued and the parry will come up once the recovery is over. If I am holding shift, the parry is not queue’d and I stand there and eat the hit.

It works similarly for attacks. Say I parry at another miss, and for whatever reason my opponent has given me an opening (he doesn’t combo or his weapon is slow and I parried a little early, whatever), so I attack in the last little bit of my parry recovery. If I am not holding shift, the attack is queue’d and launched. If I am holding shift, the attack does nothing and I stand there like an idiot.

The same is true of attack recoveries. Say you’re holding shift and spamming HWS stabs without combofeinting. NOPE. The HWS will not queue in recovery if I am holding shift, which means I have to either let go of shift or my inputs fizzle and do nothing if I’m too fast with them.

tl;dr while holding sprint, inputs don’t queue during recovery. It’s really god damn annoying.

• Easy fix.

Don’t hold shift.

For now untill they do something. If they do something. I mean you would of only just changed to this stratagy. Change back.

• @lemonater47:

Easy fix.

Don’t hold shift.

For now untill they do something. If they do something. I mean you would of only just changed to this stratagy. Change back.

This isn’t actually a product of the way shift changed. It is a product of the way queueing changed. There are situations where this bug would trigger if shift was exactly like it was before. One of the situations I described, for example: sprinting forward spamming HWS pokes. You would hold shift the entire time on that before patch, and you would hold shift on that the entire time now. The difference is now, you either have to deliberately slow down your pokes, spam MMB like a machinegun, or watch lots of your attacks fizzle uselessly.