Combo feint

• I know TBS didnt want the stab combo to ruin the gameplay and added a delay to the feint but we know some weapons still have super fast overhead combo feints. Bearded axe and grand mace are the ones greatly benefit from this. I only use GM now and TBH, the overhead combo feint is ridiculously strong. I have some recordings of me doing this trick and just mowing down waves of enemies. Do you want this to stay this way?

• @boomandvibe:

I know TBS didnt want the stab combo to ruin the gameplay and added a delay to the feint but we know some weapons still have super fast overhead combo feints. Bearded axe and grand mace are the ones greatly benefit from this. I only use GM now and TBH, the overhead combo feint is ridiculously strong. I have some recordings of me doing this trick and just mowing down waves of enemies. Do you want this to stay this way?

GM barely benefits from combo feint, I think the reason you are destroying with it is the odd attack angles, most people expect a combo, and you came from 2 regular overheads, or vice versa. The windup of the weapon has to be faster than combo time after adding the feint cooldown they added since you have to feint out of the combo to start the new windup. And this is with perfect timing.

Example, Bearded axe has a windup of .425 and a combo time of .75. Even with the .2 cooldown to feint, a perfect time combo feint attack is .625, much faster than normal combo. GM on the other hand has a .5 windup with .75 combo. Even with absolute perfect timing, you really gain only .05 on your swing over just comboing.

• Ever tried feinting with the maul? It works backwards.

You go to attack they parry you Fient. Then they try to spam it to get their parry up again then relax once its up and they see you attacking again.

Their their parry stops and you turn their head into a pancake.

• Both the Bearded Axe and Grand Mace are just silly right now. They were fine before, and instead of minor buffs, we jumped from 0.6+ windups to 0.425 and 0.525 respectively, it was just too much and because of that it reintroduced combo feints; it doesn’t matter how small the advantage is, the fact is, an advantage that shouldn’t exist does, because of ridiculous overbuffing.

• I don’t think the Bearded Axe or the Grand Mace got overbuffed. I’m not seeing much/any of them in public or competitive play. The Bearded Axe is just too short.

But that combo-feint-attack speed up exploit should not exist though. Increase windup a bit, lower combo a bit and voila.

• @Anonymoose:

@boomandvibe:

I know TBS didnt want the stab combo to ruin the gameplay and added a delay to the feint but we know some weapons still have super fast overhead combo feints. Bearded axe and grand mace are the ones greatly benefit from this. I only use GM now and TBH, the overhead combo feint is ridiculously strong. I have some recordings of me doing this trick and just mowing down waves of enemies. Do you want this to stay this way?

GM barely benefits from combo feint, I think the reason you are destroying with it is the odd attack angles, most people expect a combo, and you came from 2 regular overheads, or vice versa. The windup of the weapon has to be faster than combo time after adding the feint cooldown they added since you have to feint out of the combo to start the new windup. And this is with perfect timing.

Example, Bearded axe has a windup of .425 and a combo time of .75. Even with the .2 cooldown to feint, a perfect time combo feint attack is .625, much faster than normal combo. GM on the other hand has a .5 windup with .75 combo. Even with absolute perfect timing, you really gain only .05 on your swing over just comboing.

Combo feint just shouldnt exist. Doesnt matter if it is .05 sec or .5 sec advantage. Smallest advantage could mean win or loss.

• @man:

@Anonymoose:

@boomandvibe:

Combo feint just shouldnt exist. Doesnt matter if it is .05 sec or .5 sec advantage. Smallest advantage could mean win or loss.

Not saying I agree it is correct, I’m just saying the GM really benefits from it so little that Unless you have flawless timing everytime, its going to be faster, easier, and less stam used to just combo it. Think of how little .05 really is and try to do that everytime or even a couple times perfectly. Even macros can’t get it down to the last 1/20’ths of a second in a half to full population server, due to frame jumps and latency the timings change just slightly and it becomes even harder to pull off.
    idc if they change the speed on GM but think of how nigh impossible it is to gain speed from that. You have to feint into new swing instantly after your release ends, and unless you have drawtracers on all the time, or spend hours learning the timings perfectly, it is not easy.
    Bearded axe is cray cray right now though, needs a change badly.

• Is the flinch when you hit the ground not applying bug fixed in the most recent patch or is it coming?

I find it hilarious that I can hit mutiple GM lookdown overhead faster than enemy can even retaliate. I just stare at the ground and just swing away.

Im not sure who Vq Duke Slygoat is (idk if hes THE Slygoat) but he called me a speedhacker. Dont know if he was joking or not because other Vq members were defendng me.

• THE SlyGoat just goes by SlyGoat. Accept no imitations.

• @SlyGoat:

THE SlyGoat just goes by SlyGoat. Accept no imitations.

100% Grade A thoroughbred highlands goat.

[image:s5yn4wav]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5214/5510357450_e922674556.jpg[/image:s5yn4wav]

• @ReMixx:

@SlyGoat:

THE SlyGoat just goes by SlyGoat. Accept no imitations.

100% Grade A thoroughbred highlands goat.

[image:2z5jpjbt]http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5214/5510357450_e922674556.jpg[/image:2z5jpjbt]

baaaaaaaa hahahahaahahah baaaaaaa