What we are working on!

• Developer

First off, let me say that I am completely blown away by how awesome you guys have been. In game and on the forums we have been getting some great feedback, really clear and intelligent points and we will be definitely listening to you guys and continually working on Chivalry!

I just wanted to take some time to let you guys know what we are working on because I know it can be frustrating to have issues and not know what the developer team is up to, so here you go!

LAST UPDATED Monday, October 15th.

This is what we are working on:

1. Making Voice chat not suck
    2. Keybind Issues/Tweaks
    3. Unlock/rank System reliability and indication
    4. Team Balancer improvements
    5. More console commands and support for server admins
    6. Class and Weapon screen updates
    7. Chat colours/Font issues
    8. Catapult and Ballista replication issues and player shrinkage
    9. Slider for allowing corpses to last longer
    10. Blood decals painted to the ground
    11. Gore Option
    12. Balance tweaks
    13. FIXING OTHER BUGS YOU HAVE REPORTED!
    14. Adding Steam Achievements
    15. Working on future content updates…

Please let us know in reply what else you think should be on our priority list and we will try to keep this list up to date.

First patch should be coming ~2 weeks after release! This is because we need to communicate the update with server operators as well as that we want to make sure we get to all major issues in the patch! Thank you for your patience and know that we will continue to support the game far beyond this as well.

This day, I ask you to fight for the Torn Banner.

Steve & Torn Banner Studios

• Awesome to hear.

• I love you guys, it just feels so awesome to be a part of this community, knowing that you can say something and make your point heard.
    Also, thanks for sharing that, awesome :D
    EDIT:Congrats to your 666 post!

• Damn you guys are fast. I remember 2 years ago we talked about how awesome Chivalry would be, all the time knowing the chances of it actually being made were slim to none. No offense, mod teams aren’t particularly praised for their time management skills and I’m always reading about how difficult the UE3 engine is to work with, even with a giant well-funded development studio.
    Yet you lot somehow pulled this incredible game out of your asses and made it look easy.

• I would suggest, if you have the time and resources, to not autokill afk players, but make them play a separate sound-loop and maybe animation, so people have a laugh at them. The next round, they should be placed in spectator mode, too.

Hope to see duel mode come soon, as it would allow more weapon-based research. Hard to find people willing to duel.
    It would be nice if the round end isn’t extended too long for the scoreboard. Maybe the scoreboard could be an overlay on the loading screen to the next map?

• Hey,

does Tibberius mean this Wednesday (19.09.2012)? Yeah, that would be pretty fast fixing!

• Thank you guys for making this game

this is actually the first game where I am posting in forums and trying to help its success…

• Great news, really looking forward to all of those things being fixed / improved :)

Especially latency. While my ping may be < 60, I am often seeing people teleport all over the place, and even myself being moved randomly to different nearby locations like some random wind pushing me about. It makes combat very confusing, and more often than not, I just die randomly despite whether or not I am doing well in a fight.

Having a Team balancer is really gonna do wonders too, as most cases, it’s 4 vs 8 or something ridiculous because nobody wants to play the blue guys, or the red guys lol.

Great to see you guys listening to the community so closely, because that list nails so many major things that impeded the gameplay experience :D

• A great game, great team and great community.
    You have listened the community so far, but when they are asking changing weapon statistics in some way, you should really look into it youself and don’t change it without proper reason. I have seen you devs playing often, so I think you can figure out the balance problems better youself than the community.

Too many games has been spoiled with unreasonable nerfs and buffs.

• Lots of goodies.
    Awesome.

• Developer

To clarify, not all of those things will be fixed by Wednesday, it is simply our list of priorities. I posted it to let you guys make sure we are working on the things that need to be worked on!

• Nice to know we get answers from our feedback, always a plus. Game is great so far, of course there are some issues but it seems through all of the people giving feedback, they are all listed and being dealt with. Thank you for being so community oriented.

@HCJorma:

A great game, great team and great community.
    You have listened the community so far, but when they are asking changing weapon statistics in some way, you should really look into it youself and don’t change it without proper reason. I have seen you devs playing often, so I think you can figure out the balance problems better youself than the community.

Too many games has been spoiled with unreasonable nerfs and buffs.

I agree with this, but I do however remember an interview where they said that one of the mistakes they made with Age of Chivalry was changing weapons after release as it always makes the community pretty mad that they have to figure out what weapon is for them all over again after a nerf/buff, so yeah please figure all of that out before release.

• Great! :D

• Can we expect patch notes?

• Developer

Yep.

• can we expect a lan mode to be implemented soon (i know i annoying with my LAN) :)?

• Patch is Wednesday you said? Sounds good.

• Thank you for this post, and thank you for this game it is going great, it already is in fact.

• Thanks, the list is covering a lot, I just hope the stamina and sprinting issues will be taken into consideration soon.
    Well done Torn Banner ;)

• When will they add a real siege mode?
    With more than just battering ram : trebuchet, ballista, catapult all in the same map?