Warband/WOTR style attacking in Chivalry (Playable)

• I have decided to create a new thread because I feel this is finally the playable version.

I am well aware that this probably won’t attract many players because they are mostly used to normal attacks. I have made this for my purpose, because I think game is more interactive this way, but I decided to share in case someone wants to try.

This small program enables mouse movement attacking for Chivalry (like Warband/War of the roses games). It is already configured so you only need to follow installation instructions.

Installation:
    1. Run Chivalry and set up keys like this:
    [image:1kdntn7z]http://i.imgur.com/7hWUyun.jpg[/image:1kdntn7z]
    2. Exit Chivalry
    3. Download StrokeIt.zip archive and extract anywhere (mirror #1)
    4. Open “StrokeIt” folder, open “StrokeIt.reg” file and apply it
    5. That’s it!!

How to use:
    Every time before starting Chivalry, run “strokeit.exe”. You don’t need to close it after playing as it only affects Chivalry. If you want to close it anyway, run “strokeit.exe” again and go “File” -> “Shut Down Strokeit”.

How to play:
    Click and hold Left mouse button, drag into direction and release. Note that it takes some time to get a “feeling” of how attacks are initiated, but try to do things calmly, one step at a time (especially with feinting).

Small ranged issue workaround:

• In ranged combat there is a small issue: If you want to “hold attack” you have to press CTRL+Left mouse button, and than release CTRL.

Gameplay video:
    MnWUwNcBeEQ

• EDIT: Updated OP with easier ranged workaround

p.s. If you have tested this “mod”, but did not really like it, I would appreciate to hear more about it here, thanks.

• nice work KULIN_BAN :P i will definetly try this out, even tough i think this gives less overall controll at first

• @CRUSHED:

nice work KULIN_BAN :P i will definetly try this out, even tough i think this gives less overall controll at first

Thanks and remember: It is not easiest thing to get used to. Even if you are regular Warband/WOTR player, you will probably need like an hour to figure out how to do proper feints and combos. You need to try to do everything SLOWLY at start, and gradually speed up(if you can be bothered to play more than 10 minutes, that is :P)

I have managed to get myself to a level where I can 100% translate my attack intentions into game, but it can be frustrating at start. Once again, if you try it out, please let me know what you think of it.

• Why would anyone want to download and run a program that essentially

breaks the game and makes you re learn it with controls that are far less intuitive?

I don’t get the desire, but masochism isn’t my style anyway.

• @JCash:

Why would anyone want to download and run a program that essentially

breaks the game and makes you re learn it with controls that are far less intuitive?

Because it might feel more natural to Warband/WOTR crowd. I am a long time Warband player and I find it easier to fight with this. I find using Mousewheel for combat unnatural and it tends to autoattack from time to time.

Also, tomorrow I will make a video of me playing against real people, just as a proof of concept.

• So all the people who keep doing this in different ways… Why don’t you just go play War of the Roses, again?

• Good effort Kulin Ban.

All these guys hating on Warband // Crpg controls:

The amount of action…speed…control and joy in high level crpg duelling with level 40 + characters
    has yet to be matched by other games…and Warband is old…
    Duels lasting 1 main with constant exchange at idiotic speeds…
    There is a reason ppl. played crpg/warband for 2000 hours or more…and thats mostly due to responsive and 100% working controls that are so much more intuitive then C:MW.

C:MW is a good game…but it could be so much better and Kulin Ban has made a good effort towards that.
    In fact a mixture of Warband and C:MW assets would make a perfect game…but that is wishful thinking :/

War of the roses can not be compared to Warband in any way…it is completly different pace.

• Only reason I named this thread with “Warband/WOTR” was because the title best describes what this “mod” is all about.

Let’s try to avoid comparing these games because this thread is not meant for that.

My only goal was to make myself feel more natural in Chivalry, and hopefully it will help others as well.

I will keep working on on trying to improve ranged combat, and I already have some ideas on how to make it easier.

• This slows down my attacks. Not the animation but there is an ever slight delay that I don’t like.

That’s just me though. I’m one of those sword of war and claymore arseholes that no one likes.

• I played Chivalry first so I can’t get used to WOTR/Warband style

I would love to try it out since feint isn’t confusing to me(I am not too good at pressing buttons)

• First post updated with gameplay video, download mirror and range issue workaround.

• @JCash:

Why would anyone want to download and run a program that essentially

Why does anyone do anything?

Some people do shit like this for the doing of it, not just the end result.

Good work mate, I look forward to trying it. I’m making an accelerometer one for controlling swings with my phone, I’ll put it up on github when it’s done. Completely pointless for playing seriously, but gonna be fun using it on a projector!

• @Harry:

Why does anyone do anything?

Some people do shit like this for the doing of it, not just the end result.

Good work mate, I look forward to trying it. I’m making an accelerometer one for controlling swings with my phone, I’ll put it up on github when it’s done. Completely pointless for playing seriously, but gonna be fun using it on a projector!

Yeah, this “mod” is certainly not intended for competitive gaming, but I was never aiming for that myself. It does not mean it is completely useless either.

I hope to see some videos of that accelerometer in action!

• This Works Great!! :D I’m like you. I came from warband.

• @leedime:

This Works Great!! :D I’m like you. I came from warband.

New guy resurrecting an old thread?

Google right.

• The link is broken, does anyone have this file?

Thanks

• Hi, the link is broken. Could you please repost?

Thanks

• @Helz:

Hi, the link is broken. Could you please repost?

Thanks

Even though this post is really old, his mirror still works. Click the white #1 in his post and download the file.

• why do moderators approve posts if they’re necros? crazy stuff happening.